Expired Hot Deals

[Visions] Uniden R1 Extreme Long Range Radar Detector (Reconditioned) $248

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2019 9:56 am
52 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2003
4897 posts
1647 upvotes
Kingston
Incase people are unaware:
Radar detectors are legal in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan, but for the rest of the country, any type of device that warns about a law enforcement speed gun is illegal.
I wish I could get one, not in Ontario tho.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jul 26, 2013
616 posts
537 upvotes
CALGARY
Tha DraGun wrote: Incase people are unaware:



I wish I could get one, not in Ontario tho.
Sounds like there are radar detectors out there that law enforcement can't detect however....
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27565 posts
13206 upvotes
findmesumdealz wrote: Sounds like there are radar detectors out there that law enforcement can't detect however....
I actually wonder how far up the line with "detectors" they go.

Apparently they can detect some of the cheaper "hidden" ones with their detector.
I'm sure some company has a detector that detects this detector while law enforcement has one that'll detect this detector that detects detectors that detect detectors.

FYI: Detect is now a weird word.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 9, 2008
806 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
I have a free radar detector called Waze.
Check it out in the app store
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1183 upvotes
Better yet slow down . No need for any detectors that detect anything .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Member
User avatar
Apr 13, 2004
306 posts
210 upvotes
York Region, Ontario
davidjames wrote: I have a free radar detector called Waze.
Check it out in the app store
Waze is unreliable is rural areas or roads less travelled. In the GTA, sure.

This isn't that great of a price for the R1 considering you can get an Escort max or an R3 for not a lot more money and get way more features.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 17, 2003
8644 posts
1097 upvotes
After like 25+ years, didn't know these were still a thing. Awesome that they are useful.

Reminds me of this, "swear words" in linked video. The trace buster buster.

[OP]
Sr. Member
Jul 26, 2013
616 posts
537 upvotes
CALGARY
::2dFx:: wrote: Waze is unreliable is rural areas or roads less travelled. In the GTA, sure.

This isn't that great of a price for the R1 considering you can get an Escort max or an R3 for not a lot more money and get way more features.
Doesn't the R3 only include GPS, which announces fixed red light cameras?
Not worth paying any extra money for that
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1023 posts
865 upvotes
Don't most police departments use laser? This is only going to detect hat you've been hit by laser and you should start pulling over.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1066 posts
891 upvotes
Edmonton
pfbmgd wrote: Better yet slow down . No need for any detectors that detect anything .
And then there's the autobahn that has no speed limit on most sections of their highway and less accidents than in Canada. Maybe speed limits aren't the real issue?
Jr. Member
Dec 31, 2011
169 posts
190 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
There is only one detector that I know that is undetectable by the cops. And it's quite expensive. The cheaper ones can be detected by cops that have a radar detector detector in their car and they will seize it and fine you . If you want a radar detector to be stealth it has to be the escort model I believe.

They do detect laser too but since laser is instant on usually when the detector goes off they already have you. It only warns you if the cop is using laser on the guy ahead of you and the beam spatters and is picked up by the detector.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jul 26, 2013
616 posts
537 upvotes
CALGARY
sparkaction wrote: Don't most police departments use laser? This is only going to detect hat you've been hit by laser and you should start pulling over.
Seems to me that for highway driving, Sheriffs and probably also rcmp are using Radar.

The sheriff that ticketed me anyway was using radar.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jul 26, 2013
616 posts
537 upvotes
CALGARY
dan2011 wrote: There is only one detector that I know that is undetectable by the cops. And it's quite expensive. The cheaper ones can be detected by cops that have a radar detector detector in their car and they will seize it and fine you . If you want a radar detector to be stealth it has to be the escort model I believe.

They do detect laser too but since laser is instant on usually when the detector goes off they already have you. It only warns you if the cop is using laser on the guy ahead of you and the beam spatters and is picked up by the detector.
Meh, it's legal in Alberta and for highway driving they use radar enough that it's likely worth it for me

Also if you're driving near photo radar I believe this will detect that.
Jr. Member
Dec 31, 2011
169 posts
190 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Oh well if it's legal than its a good buy for sure.
In Ontario, running one requires more stealth
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jul 26, 2013
616 posts
537 upvotes
CALGARY
dan2011 wrote: Oh well if it's legal than its a good buy for sure.
In Ontario, running one requires more stealth
Also this detector is labelled as "Spectre Elite undetectable", does that mean police can't detect it?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2016
1567 posts
1384 upvotes
Google map has been very good and telling me where the cops are. You can also use Waze.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1183 upvotes
AnujS699 wrote: And then there's the autobahn that has no speed limit on most sections of their highway and less accidents than in Canada. Maybe speed limits aren't the real issue?
I agree with your post . But people in Canada can't drive . The roads in most cities are way to congested for high speeds . Just because you get your liscense does not mean you have the skills for driving at high speeds .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
16579 posts
18144 upvotes
Oakville
If it truly is just a detector, then it should be impossible for cops to detect since it isn't emitting anything, still illegal if they see it though.
I'm pretty sure they can only detect units that include jamming, to give you a chance to slow down.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Top