• Sep 12th, 2023 5:41 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1017 posts
344 upvotes
in a bubble

Visions Warranty?....

So b/c i bought an extended warranty & never used it i can use the amount on store credit...... after applying for it on-line it says the "minimum purshase amount "..is $280- even though the credit is $140-
Smiling Face With Horns
so now im forced to spend more money? IF i had KNOWN....i would have never bought the waranty.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2363 posts
453 upvotes
Edmonton
Yep happened to me too. When I bought the warranty, I was told I could use it to buy anything in the store if I i didn't use the warranty. Fast forward 5 years, and when I apply for the rebate credit, it comes with a bunch of rules, with the big one being you must spend at least double your credit amount at the store.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8552 posts
11762 upvotes
GTA
Sears was the exact same way for extended warranties. You need to check the terms and not just accept what the sale staff tell you, they will leave out some important information as you two have found out.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2363 posts
453 upvotes
Edmonton
tew wrote: Sears was the exact same way for extended warranties. You need to check the terms and not just accept what the sale staff tell you, they will leave out some important information as you two have found out.
Agreed. I did end up using the credit in the end on a bunch of items, but was still annoyed.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
I think it was in the fine print somewhere that you must spend double the credit to redeem it and you have to do it within 365 days after the warranty expires. I remember reading it years ago when comparing various extended warranties from stores that sold oled TVs (mostly checking to see which covered burn in… again this was first generation oled so it was a few years ago).

Edit, quick search and I found a link

https://www.visions.ca/info/extendedserviceplan
How Do I Claim The Money Back Extended Service Plan Rebate?
Rebates must be applied for within 90 (ninety) days after the expiration of the Money Back Extended Service Plan.

Rebate credits can only be used towards the purchase of regular and sale tagged items only, and cannot exceed 50% of the pre-tax purchase price and have no cash surrender value.

Rebates cannot be combined with any other rebate, incentive, or offer and must be redeemed within 1 (one) year from the expiration of the Money Back Extended Service Plan.

Credits are a one-time-only credit, are non-transferable, are not a gift card, and have no cash surrender value.

To claim Money Back Extended Service Plan.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1017 posts
344 upvotes
in a bubble
Question...i was interested in these headphones....
https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/2 ... &sku=RS175

They are on sale at best buy for $279- Visions has a low price guarantee....
Before you buy, if you see a lower legitimate price from any authorized Canadian retailer or dealer for any model we stock, either online, in-store, or in print, we will beat that price by 15% of the difference.

can i get this deal? Black Question Mark Ornament

i just noticed they are "on sale" sale items are NOT included in gaurantee.....fu%$###

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/se ... 5/10370611
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2018
1563 posts
1030 upvotes
ammaretto wrote: Question...i was interested in these headphones....

Before you buy, if you see a lower legitimate price from any authorized Canadian retailer or dealer for any model we stock, either online, in-store, or in print, we will beat that price by 15% of the difference.

i just noticed they are "on sale" sale items are NOT included in gaurantee.....fu%$###

No that should be fine. You can go and ask Visions to price match Best Buy on that and they should do it. That's just a regular sale and it's not excluded from their Lowest Price Guarantee.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1017 posts
344 upvotes
in a bubble
they are also OUT of stock..... Astonished Face i will ask anyway.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
ammaretto wrote: Question...i was interested in these headphones....

most stores will stay no to prices matches around this time of year due to boxing day/week and or black firday being out of stock also don't help. unless the person u catch really need to make a sale i'm guessing your going to get a hard NO.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
aaron158 wrote: most stores will stay no to prices matches around this time of year due to boxing day/week and or black firday being out of stock also don't help. unless the person u catch really need to make a sale i'm guessing your going to get a hard NO.
You are correct in terms of policy but the policy is really to get them an out to not price match. The headphone listed regularly goes on sale for around $280 or less on Amazon (pretty sure there was a thread in Boxing Day at $240 or $250). It doesn’t hurt to try and my guess is there is a decent chance it’s accepted if they have it in stock (might not).

Even if they refuse this time, it’s likely to go back on sale on Amazon (or stay on sale) even after boxing week sales end. Of course the other question is rather or not price matching is allowed with the extended warranty rebate. That part I’m not too sure about given vision statement is the rebate specifically states it can be used on regular and sale price item but also mention cannot be combined with other offers (which I assume price matching is considered another offer).
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
@ammaretto, I have done a pile of matches with Visions. They will not turn you down on a Best Buy sale price.

I have found online price matches much easier than in-store. Send them all the requested info, you will get a code to lower the price & free shipping.
Feb 27, 2003
948 posts
974 upvotes
Langley
starchoice wrote: @ammaretto, I have done a pile of matches with Visions. They will not turn you down on a Best Buy sale price.

I have found online price matches much easier than in-store. Send them all the requested info, you will get a code to lower the price & free shipping.
I just found out Best buy won't price match competitors' sale prices.. (Tried to PM a 5800x with a competitor who has it on sale ~$60 less until the 29th) BB online chat refused 3 times with 3 different CSRs - even though it's a normal weekly sale, in stock in both stores, and ready to pickup with no shipping costs, they steadfastly refuse... have they always had this policy?
Xphile. (as in 'X-files aficionado'..so yeah, I guess I am old..)
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2009
2168 posts
1901 upvotes
Brampton
xphile wrote: I just found out Best buy won't price match competitors' sale prices.. (Tried to PM a 5800x with a competitor who has it on sale ~$60 less until the 29th) BB online chat refused 3 times with 3 different CSRs - even though it's a normal weekly sale, in stock in both stores, and ready to pickup with no shipping costs, they steadfastly refuse... have they always had this policy?
Yes Best buy is not what It used to be. I gave up Price matching with them as they almost always refuse.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
xphile wrote: I just found out Best buy won't price match competitors' sale prices.. (Tried to PM a 5800x with a competitor who has it on sale ~$60 less until the 29th) BB online chat refused 3 times with 3 different CSRs - even though it's a normal weekly sale, in stock in both stores, and ready to pickup with no shipping costs, they steadfastly refuse... have they always had this policy?
Who was the competitors? BB is very selective with who they consider "competitors". The list is basically limited to amazon (must be sold by amazon not 3rd party), walmart (again sold by walmart), costco, LD (might be YMMV East since they dont have stores there), Visions, etc. They basically have a list of 10 or so stores they consider competitors. Outside those listed stores, its highly YMMV.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
So what did they say as far as not wanting to price match? They must have said something.

Also, it sounds like you are determined to get this at Best Buy? What is the other store and why not just buy there?
Feb 27, 2003
948 posts
974 upvotes
Langley
starchoice wrote: So what did they say as far as not wanting to price match? They must have said something.

Also, it sounds like you are determined to get this at Best Buy? What is the other store and why not just buy there?
They said no to a pricematch because it's a "limited sale".
(edit: I tried submitting 3 different stores via chat that had cheaper prices, had it in stock, with free shipping due to the high value sale, but they only are willing to match 'regular prices', not anything on sale - even though it's not a clearance or liquidation, or used or anything like that, brand new in box retail legit CPUs at these stores and best buy is like "Nope, can't match those, they are on sale".. no shiat, sherlock, that's why I want you to price match them.)

woke up to a boot loop with my existing 5800x, reseated everything, did research on error code and symptoms - which pointed to cpu.

I like having a working computer at home, so I didn't want to wait several days for for the sale priced unit to be shipped from the cheaper vendor back east, or wait a month for AMD to RMA it, and best buy had 3 units at a store near me, so I chatted, asked if they could price match, he said yes, buy it, come back here tot he chat , and he could price match it after I bought it and have the order number.

I ordered it online for instore pickup, he vanished, other CSR's said nope, can't do it - they never price matched, so theirs a going to be a ~$700 hold on my visa for a month because I sure as hell am not picking up that order in store at full price.. (ended up digging around at home and finding a 2400g that I popped in until I get the warranty replacement from amd.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
xphile wrote: They said no to a pricematch because it's a "limited sale".
(edit: I tried submitting 3 different stores via chat that had cheaper prices, had it in stock, with free shipping due to the high value sale, but they only are willing to match 'regular prices', not anything on sale - even though it's not a clearance or liquidation, or used or anything like that, brand new in box retail legit CPUs at these stores and best buy is like "Nope, can't match those, they are on sale".. no shiat, sherlock, that's why I want you to price match them.)

woke up to a boot loop with my existing 5800x, reseated everything, did research on error code and symptoms - which pointed to cpu.

I like having a working computer at home, so I didn't want to wait several days for for the sale priced unit to be shipped from the cheaper vendor back east, or wait a month for AMD to RMA it, and best buy had 3 units at a store near me, so I chatted, asked if they could price match, he said yes, buy it, come back here tot he chat , and he could price match it after I bought it and have the order number.

I ordered it online for instore pickup, he vanished, other CSR's said nope, can't do it - they never price matched, so theirs a going to be a ~$700 hold on my visa for a month because I sure as hell am not picking up that order in store at full price.. (ended up digging around at home and finding a 2400g that I popped in until I get the warranty replacement from amd.
Okay, fair enough but if you are close to a store and doing a pick-up, why didn’t you just request a price match in-store?

I don’t shop there much but never had an issue price matching in-store.
Feb 27, 2003
948 posts
974 upvotes
Langley
starchoice wrote: Okay, fair enough but if you are close to a store and doing a pick-up, why didn’t you just request a price match in-store?
Because it's an hour round trip to either BB (plus however long dicking around inside) and there's no guarantee they'll say anything different in store - I want to know what the price will be before I waste any time driving around.

You said yourself, "I have found online price matches much easier than in-store."
Xphile. (as in 'X-files aficionado'..so yeah, I guess I am old..)
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4920 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
xphile wrote: Because it's an hour round trip to either BB (plus however long dicking around inside) and there's no guarantee they'll say anything different in store - I want to know what the price will be before I waste any time driving around.

You said yourself, "I have found online price matches much easier than in-store."
That reference was to Visions, not Best Buy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)