Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Visit Richmond BC

Receive a $125 AMEX gift card for a one-night stay and receive an additional $50 per night.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2021 4:53 am
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
2449 posts
4447 upvotes
Vancouver
elrednaxela wrote: So when cancelling a reservation, I would need to call the hotel directly and not Tourism Richmond? I know for StayVancouverHotels I would need to cancel through them instead of the hotel.
Yes, that is correct. Contacting the hotel directly will provide the quickest response. However, if you run into any issues, please reach Tourism Richmond through the Contact Us form.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2059 posts
3876 upvotes
FYI for anyone considering this offer, cost of hotel rooms have increased from this morning probably due to volume of bookings or availability depending on days you want to book. I was looking at days in Dec and avg price increased from $135.50 to $145 per night for Four Points Sheraton. If you wait to book, room rates may go up.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2059 posts
3876 upvotes
Have all of the GC's been claimed? Looks like that link is no longer valid, shows a 404 error.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2059 posts
3876 upvotes
frugalcanuck wrote: Have all of the GC's been claimed? Looks like that link is no longer valid, shows a 404 error.
Must have been a technical error, site is working again.
Dec 21, 2010
344 posts
258 upvotes
Watch out for parking charge on some hotels. Some charge $20 for overnight guest parking
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
1212 posts
772 upvotes
Vancouver
For those that are booking the Four Points, what email did everyone use for contacting the hotel about adding your Bonvoy membership #?

The email I found was fd.manager@fourpointsvancouverairport.com, but I haven't gotten any responses.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2059 posts
3876 upvotes
pentiumvi wrote: For those that are booking the Four Points, what email did everyone use for contacting the hotel about adding your Bonvoy membership #?

The email I found was fd.manager@fourpointsvancouverairport.com, but I haven't gotten any responses.
I included request in my comments when creating the reservation, but as you haven't heard anything yet.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
1423 posts
664 upvotes
Toronto
really appreciate your sharing this - the stay vancouver deal didnt give me anything for Fairmont YVR and this does! so happy!
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
2449 posts
4447 upvotes
Vancouver
frugalcanuck wrote: I included request in my comments when creating the reservation, but as you haven't heard anything yet.
I strongly recommend calling the hotel directly for this.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1501 posts
1788 upvotes
4Points made a good play: from postings here seems to have netted the most bookings only cost them an extra $25 in gc compared to the others. Fairmont for $125/nt was def tempting but went with 4P given it's more central location and airport shuttle.

Great tourism promo - would not have booked a hotel otherwise. Thx for the share OP - would nvr have known about this - upvoted of course!

cheers,
:)
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1246 posts
265 upvotes
Thanks OP! Booked the River Rock for 2 nights in December.
Mar 9, 2011
549 posts
204 upvotes
Coquitlam
If I want to use my Diamond status, do I need to book with my Amex Hilton Aspire on the VisitRichmond site or does it not matter? I'm trying to see if I can get a free suite upgrade too with Diamond.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4308 upvotes
Berczy Park
rishu_pepper wrote: If I want to use my Diamond status, do I need to book with my Amex Hilton Aspire on the VisitRichmond site or does it not matter? I'm trying to see if I can get a free suite upgrade too with Diamond.
You can book using whatever card but most beneficial to use your Aspire for the bonus.
Mar 9, 2011
549 posts
204 upvotes
Coquitlam
donttoewsmebro wrote: You can book using whatever card but most beneficial to use your Aspire for the bonus.
Thanks!

I made the booking. Next step is to call the hotel and give them my Hilton membership number for the Diamond status upgrade benefits yeah?
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4308 upvotes
Berczy Park
rishu_pepper wrote: Thanks!

I made the booking. Next step is to call the hotel and give them my Hilton membership number for the Diamond status upgrade benefits yeah?
Correct. And with the new system rollout for upgrades you should receive an email a few days before you arrive alerting you if your upgraded automatically!

https://onemileatatime.com/news/hilton- ... -upgrades/
Last edited by donttoewsmebro on Nov 20th, 2021 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 9, 2011
549 posts
204 upvotes
Coquitlam
donttoewsmebro wrote: Correct. And with the new system rollout fir upgrades you should receive an email a few days before you arrive alerting you if your uogrdlade automatically!

https://onemileatatime.com/news/hilton- ... -upgrades/
Oh I did not know that! This is actually very helpful as I've booked the new LXR Kyoto for 5 nights in March (providing the border is open with Japan by then). It'd be awesome to get upgraded at such a prestigious property.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4308 upvotes
Berczy Park
rishu_pepper wrote: Oh I did not know that! This is actually very helpful as I've booked the new LXR Kyoto for 5 nights in March (providing the border is open with Japan by then). It'd be awesome to get upgraded at such a prestigious property.
Wishing all the best for an upgrade and your trip. Enjoy!
Last edited by donttoewsmebro on Nov 20th, 2021 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 25, 2010
188 posts
333 upvotes
The other day, I booked a stay through Visit Richmond for today and for some reason Visit Richmond cancelled my booking at last minute today. I went to the hotel to check in cause my booking was still on their system and asked if I can still get the Visit Richmond promo and they said because it was cancelled by Visit Richmond, I can either stay at the normal rate and check with Visit Richmond what happened. If Visit Richmond can confirm that I can be given the credit then the hotel will credit me. If it didn't get sorted out before I checkout I would have to pay full price. I ended up just cancelling my stay at the hotel which they were kind enough to do without penalty.

I asked the hotel if I was the only one who got cancelled by Visit Richmond and they said 3 of the 3 bookings for there for today was cancelled. Not sure what's going. Quite disappointing. I'll try to book for another time, but my point is make sure you ask if you are getting the promo credit when checking in so that you aren't getting unexpected surprises at check out.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1501 posts
1788 upvotes
Wow, @zonda how terrible for you! Thx for letting us know. Do you mind me asking which property you were booked at?

cheers,
:)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)