• Jul 29th, 2015 10:35 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 8, 2010
174 posts
32 upvotes

VistaPrint business card option

So I started a new laptop repair business. Im about to order 500cards for 9.99 (promo). Im going to choose the glossy option, I see for 11$ more I can select signature glossy. Is there a big difference in the quality and look between these 2?

Thanks
11 replies
Feb 23, 2015
376 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Depends on how you define 'big', I would pay the extra 11.

Another thing, don't pay for faster shipping, even where it states '3 weeks' the cards will get to you within 3-4 days.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
8736 posts
5593 upvotes
Vancouver
Ha! I was going to order my cards from there too! Let me know how yours turn out
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2013
1274 posts
410 upvotes
The business cards at Vista are slightly smaller than standard business cards. It also uses thinner stock. This may or may not make a difference to you.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
4992 upvotes
Here 'n There
Hmmm, I found them the same size and quite thick.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2234 posts
436 upvotes
i just got my new business cards from them.

pretty high quality stuff. went with Signature Linen and very impressed.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1767 posts
810 upvotes
Bummer's Roost
Ordered some and they seemed cheap looking. Cost doubles or more once you add shipping and any extras, and they do try to get you to buy extras.
Jul 12, 2005
562 posts
181 upvotes
Peterborough
c_snapper wrote: i just got my new business cards from them.

pretty high quality stuff. went with Signature Linen and very impressed.
+1

I have ordered both signature linen and signature matte. Was happy and impressed by both, though I think I prefer the matte. Just seems simple and classy.

Remember: make sure to use a cash back site and a coupon code. Vistaprint is like Canadian tire, you should never have to pay full price.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2699 posts
658 upvotes
Burlington
BTW, groupon has a deal on every once in a while $17 for $50 worth of vistaprint. Keep your eye out. I've been very pleased with my cards from VP. Ordered premium, double sided...no issues. Throw in a coupon and even better. Their $9.99 is the bottom end, with VP logo on the back (cheeeze)
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Jul 9, 2015
117 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
lol might be hard for a customer to take you seriously if you have the VP logo on the back. Pay a little extra and not advertise for VistaPrint.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
8736 posts
5593 upvotes
Vancouver
I ended up going with Signature Linen and just received them today. Card stock *feels* just a little thinner, but overall pretty happy with them
Dec 17, 2014
711 posts
224 upvotes
Protip: don't ever go with the free 'standard' business cards. They have the vista print logos on the card and feel paper thin.
Pay a bit more and go with the 'signature' cards. I've used both matte and glossy options and they turned out great.
Linen seems to be a new option so I can't speak for that.

Also find online coupons to offset the shipping costs. Or sign up for their mailing list (they always send out promo codes).