Expired Hot Deals

Vistek

Canon EOS RP Body with EF-EOSR Adapter $1000

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2021 2:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2016
1629 posts
1507 upvotes

[Vistek] Canon EOS RP Body with EF-EOSR Adapter $1000

https://www.vistek.ca/store/434937/cano ... sr-adapter

Canon RP with adaptor for $1k at Vistek. I use this camera and love it. It can use any EF lens, but you will have to buy you own.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
247 replies
Member
User avatar
Jun 21, 2017
368 posts
412 upvotes
Ontario
Great deal with the adapter. Heads up on the shipping time though. The adapters are severely backordered so it will be several weeks minimum before this ships.

Personally I'm holding out for a deal on the R, but this is a great deal nonetheless
Jr. Member
Dec 30, 2007
181 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Considering buying this or an used/open box Canon 5D iii or iv.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4579 posts
2098 upvotes
Wow, full frame for 1k?

Can't wait to see what camera tech is like when my dSLR starts falling apart
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1562 posts
783 upvotes
Regina
CCHIPSS wrote: It can use any EF lens, but you will have to buy you own.
Darn I cannot borrow your lenses no more?
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Member
User avatar
Mar 4, 2006
424 posts
484 upvotes
This is a good deal. I'm so tempted but cannot justify... :(
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2007
1284 posts
903 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
Npno25 wrote: Great deal with the adapter. Heads up on the shipping time though. The adapters are severely backordered so it will be several weeks minimum before this ships.

Personally I'm holding out for a deal on the R, but this is a great deal nonetheless
I'm waiting to see if R comes down too. Lowest I've seen is 2000. Probably not buying till April so will see what happens with mirrorless prices in general. The R6 is sure nice.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1311 posts
1115 upvotes
Montreal
kwk1 wrote: I'm waiting to see if R comes down too. Lowest I've seen is 2000. Probably not buying till April so will see what happens with mirrorless prices in general. The R6 is sure nice.
I would love to have the R6 but at that price, it is impossible to get wife approval
Newbie
Mar 4, 2009
21 posts
15 upvotes
Calgary
Good deal for the RP with adapter. Have been using this camera for a year and could not be happier for an entry level mirrorless full frame. Henry's/Best Buy is selling the body only for the same price right now without the adapter. Unless you want to dish out for RF lenses the adapter is a must and allowed me to seamlessly continue to use my old EF lenses on this camera.
Newbie
Jul 7, 2019
71 posts
58 upvotes
Damn... been waiting fir the R. Currently at 1999... but the iPhone hype just got me 🥲
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5763 posts
2988 upvotes
Winnipeg
aviator77 wrote: Good deal for the RP with adapter. Have been using this camera for a year and could not be happier for an entry level mirrorless full frame. Henry's/Best Buy is selling the body only for the same price right now without the adapter. Unless you want to dish out for RF lenses the adapter is a must and allowed me to seamlessly continue to use my old EF lenses on this camera.
How is the focus speed and image quality with the adaptor?
Zoomer Wireless | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Member
May 27, 2005
292 posts
21 upvotes
They are releasing a new Canon RP, with higher specs and a lower price than the main stores are currently selling it for, it's supposed to come out in the first half of 2021.

It's important to note the Canon RP does not have image stabilization and being mirrorless it has a very low shot/battery life (under 200-300 shots I think it was).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2007
1284 posts
903 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
kangmlee wrote:
I would love to have the R6 but at that price, it is impossible to get wife approval
This is true!
TorontoTheo wrote: Damn... been waiting fir the R. Currently at 1999... but the iPhone hype just got me 🥲
My iphone 6s plus is still working fine so I'm safe. :D
Newbie
Mar 4, 2009
21 posts
15 upvotes
Calgary
Wpegger wrote: How is the focus speed and image quality with the adaptor?
Haven't used it with RF lenses so I can't compare however I have not noticed any issues with the focus speed at all. It locks quickly and the tracking focus with the digital viewfinder is great. A quick tap on the screen locks to your subject and it maintains the focus well. Been using it with an EF 17-40mm f/4.0 L series and EF 50mm f/1.8 and the image quality is excellent - no noticeable detriments from the adapter.
Newbie
Mar 14, 2008
57 posts
9 upvotes
East York
For those with an older APS-C DSLR, I grabbed a RP back in the summer, it's far more enjoyable to use and take with me again. Really like the smaller body while still having a decent grip. Also barely weighs anything. Came from an EOS 80D. Dynamic range and colours look overall better too, ability to use higher ISO without too much noise/detail loss is great as well. My only real complaint is battery life, so you'll likely want to carry an extra if you're out for long periods of time. It does support USB-PD though, so if you have a compatible car charger or powerbank, you can recharge on the go as well.

Also make sure you do the firmware updates, and if you do get RF lenses, update the firmware on those as well.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 17, 2014
830 posts
620 upvotes
Vancouver
kangmlee wrote: I would love to have the R6 but at that price, it is impossible to get wife approval
same here...i want R6 but price....unacceptable from home CEO's view... i need to sell my 5d mk iii though...which willake up some budget to cover R6...
Member
User avatar
Mar 6, 2010
362 posts
104 upvotes
How much does old first gen 5D body still fetch these days? Thinking of getting rid of that and get this, but ya, getting sign-off from the boss could be challenging, I hate how heavy that body was though (one of the primary reasons why I am on Fuji micro four-third now).
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5763 posts
2988 upvotes
Winnipeg
aviator77 wrote: Haven't used it with RF lenses so I can't compare however I have not noticed any issues with the focus speed at all. It locks quickly and the tracking focus with the digital viewfinder is great. A quick tap on the screen locks to your subject and it maintains the focus well. Been using it with an EF 17-40mm f/4.0 L series and EF 50mm f/1.8 and the image quality is excellent - no noticeable detriments from the adapter.
Thanks.
my main concern is with the longer lens for wildlife
Zoomer Wireless | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1602 posts
699 upvotes
I really want the R but yeah only see it for 2k even used ones just like 200 cheaper. Hoping it drops to 1,500 next year will buy right away.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)