Expired Hot Deals

[Vistek] Nikon Sale: D7500 $999.99 + other deals (multiple retailers)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2019 6:59 am
Tags:
Mar 23, 2017
218 posts
126 upvotes
Canada
NavieM wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 11:07 am
I have a d3400 right now but tbh I’m not a fan of how photos turn out on it comparing to my friend’s Canon camera.

If I was to upgrade, what’s the best thing I can get less than $1000 ? This Nikon here?
How are you comparing? Are you shooting In raw or just jpegs? Lense and your techniques are bigger factors in picture quality than the camera body itself.
Dec 29, 2013
476 posts
234 upvotes
Montr
NavieM wrote:
I have a d3400 right now but tbh I’m not a fan of how photos turn out on it comparing to my friend’s Canon camera.

If I was to upgrade, what’s the best thing I can get less than $1000 ? This Nikon here?
The d3400 is excellent in terms IQ. What you dont like about it? The JPEG rendering is different from Canon. Maybe you like the Canon's rendering better (I like Nikon better)
Changing to the d7500 will not make a difference for you, I think
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1037 posts
173 upvotes
NavieM wrote:

Go for a photoshoot with him but use his camera and he uses yours. But both keep shooting with same lenses. Than compare. He might have better results if he shoots with better lenses and you with kit for ex.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2351 posts
1094 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone agree with me that the D7200 is a better camera than the D7500? Astonished Face
(And "yes", better is a very subjective term)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
RFD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: Buy now, think later
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11998 posts
1496 upvotes
Kanata
ishagi wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 12:10 pm
Anyone agree with me that the D7200 is a better camera than the D7500? Astonished Face
Depends. Main selling features for the d7200 over the d7500 are the second SD slot and compatibility with battery grips.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3461 posts
797 upvotes
Desperadude wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 10:45 am
I heard that before but are there any reliable tests confirming that ?
Many photographers who use the camera to make a living and DXOMark. With the proper lens on both units, the Sony wins in photo quality, focusing (fastest in the world in the a6400), video, low light capability. And this is coming form a Nikon guy (who is switching to Sony) lol.
Sep 22, 2010
51 posts
6 upvotes
Longueuil
I'm looking to buy a d3500 (499$ with lense) as I'm a beginner in photo. It there a good difference btw this camera compared to the latest cellphones camera in term of picture quality?
Thanks
Apr 18, 2019
83 posts
142 upvotes
Montreal
MugenX wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 2:25 pm
I'm looking to buy a d3500 (499$ with lense) as I'm a beginner in photo. It there a good difference btw this camera compared to the latest cellphones camera in term of picture quality?
Thanks
An advice to you and anybody who is considering these 1.5,1.6 crop sensors, don't. It is simple, any camera can do the job, really any camera. Now the bigger the sensor, the better the quality. Doesn't matter what technology they claim or whatever.

If you're starting, buy a used full-frame. Preferably Nikon since the old lenses are cheap, affordable and built like tanks. How many times did I believe the hype or watch a video about a certain model and when I tried it irl, it turned out to be complete crap.

And if you have a good camera on your phone, and if it is android, get Google's App on Xda forums, there is a port out for most Samsung phones and others.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2405 posts
962 upvotes
GTA
MugenX wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 2:25 pm
Thanks
From my experience, cell phone cameras take great pictures if your intention it to view them on a small screen (cell phone / small tablet or the like) and don't plan to print them. As soon as you start printing the difference in quality between what a tiny little cell phone sensor can render and what a "real" camera can do becomes obvious. YMMV
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1186 posts
200 upvotes
Bedford
I did dome really nice paid work with a D7200 and the Nikon 17-55 2.8 . The glass really makes all the difference. Have since upgraded to a Z6, but for stills, not a big jump. However, the video from the Z6 is much improved.
Jul 8, 2012
782 posts
155 upvotes
VANCOUVER
$2000 for D500...hmmm, if only I was still shooting regularly I would upgrade my D90.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1634 posts
644 upvotes
NavieM wrote:

Did you compare printed photos in the same batch? Or you viewed it on the camera screen? You will be surprised that the difference won't be great one you view it on the same monitor, or when it's printed in the same batch. The LCD screens are calibrated differently between cameras so that's the worse place to compare.

If you don't print, don't bother buying anything new IMO.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4340 posts
1238 upvotes
Debtario
ishagi wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 12:10 pm
Depends. Many of the improvements on the D7500 are real, but subtle and not explicitly advertised. Thom has an excellent review of what's what http://www.dslrbodies.com/cameras/curre ... eview.html
If you already own the D7200 it's a hard sell, but if both are about the same price the D7500 is better when it comes to performance.

I'm very happy with mine, got it with the 18-140mm kit for the same price around new years, though grey market without warranty. Needless to say it runs circles around my D5100. 8fps shooting, AF tracking, and the low light performance are phenomenal, can't wait to put it to test at airshows this year.
bowmah wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 3:19 am
That used to be true. Sony a6400 and a6500 trumps this puppy in every way possible. Except all Nikon users will need to invest in new glass if moving over to Sony.
Mirrorless is comparing apples to oranges. They are excellent performers if size/weight are an issue, but don't match DSLR bodies when it comes to ergonomics, UX layout, physical controls, and battery life. It really comes down to the consumer's needs, both sides have their intended markets.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3461 posts
797 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 3:53 pm
Mirrorless is comparing apples to oranges. They are excellent performers if size/weight are an issue, but don't match DSLR bodies when it comes to ergonomics, UX layout, physical controls, and battery life. It really comes down to the consumer's needs, both sides have their intended markets.
I have to agree with you about the use of a dSLR versus an electronic device. But still note the benefits you shared are not about image quality. Only enthusiasts and pros would notice these differences. Nikon and Canon remind me of Motorola and Nokia. Great phone manufacturers now with their market share replaced by electronic device manufacturers (Apple, Samsung etc...) and not a phone manufacturer. Sony is now gaining market share in the mid to pro level photography and video market. In fact, mobile phones have eaten away at camera sales. You can bet Canon and Nikon are worried. What electronic device goes on sale for 40% off?
Jun 18, 2005
355 posts
41 upvotes
Isn't this because D7600 is about to come out?