Vitamix Days 48 hour sale

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2021 10:01 am
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10024 posts
4020 upvotes
Mississauga
Trigger wrote: Anyone have experience with the immersion blender? Our cheapo one broke and I'm torn between Vitamix or Breville. I know Breville quality is lower and Vitamix isn't really known for immersion blenders...but neither company has ever done me wrong.
Gordo81 wrote: I've been looking for a new immersion blender and I keep coming back to the bamix ones. I think they end up in the same price range as this one.
Gordon Ramsay swears by Bamix - he uses it everywhere.

With that said, economically it makes sense to determine realistically what you would use an immersion blender for.

We use it to dice up canned tomatoes when making pasta sauce, which certainly does not require a unit costing over a hundred dollars or so. The basic $50 (sometimes on sale for $40) Kitchen Aid model would do just as good a job for example.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1704 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Is it just me the ascent A3200 isn’t on sale?
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1281 posts
193 upvotes
kenchau wrote: Gordon Ramsay swears by Bamix - he uses it everywhere.

With that said, economically it makes sense to determine realistically what you would use an immersion blender for.

We use it to dice up canned tomatoes when making pasta sauce, which certainly does not require a unit costing over a hundred dollars or so. The basic $50 (sometimes on sale for $40) Kitchen Aid model would do just as good a job for example.
Appreciate these thoughts. TBH from an "economics" standpoint I'm going to look at it less from a "cost per use" standpoint and more of an overall longevity standpoint. Whether I use it 5x a week or 1x a month, my goal is to get something that lasts 10+ years. Interestingly enough, our past one broke while making pasta sauce :)