1.Vizio 75 P Quantum X 2999 +99 5 yrs warranty from costco
2. LG OLED 65C9 2999 One year warranty

RFD LORDS,

Shred me somelight please~
13 replies
Dec 10, 2017
33 posts
31 upvotes
I was in the exact same situation as you and I just pulled the trigger on the C9 for 2099$USD.

What pushed me was the "futureproofness", even if a bit irrelevant now, of HDMI 2.1 ports. It is also a better tv on almost all front except maybe peak brightness and of course the additional 10". But I figured it was almost too much for the room I'm going to be putting it in anyway...
[OP]
Jul 21, 2015
459 posts
291 upvotes
North York, ON
ekredflagdeals wrote: I was in the exact same situation as you and I just pulled the trigger on the C9 for 2099$USD.

What pushed me was the "futureproofness", even if a bit irrelevant now, of HDMI 2.1 ports. It is also a better tv on almost all front except maybe peak brightness and of course the additional 10". But I figured it was almost too much for the room I'm going to be putting it in anyway...
Thanks for the advice.

I happened to have made the decision too.

I kept the px75 in my case.
Returned 65 e9 i got for 3578( horrible 5% gray uniform, had to return it, as if i ezchanged it, it would be out of return window)
Cancelled the 2999 C9 i ordered.

If there is no burn in then i would jump for oled 65 c9 as a no brainer.

I loved everything from oled (PQ, thin design, light weight, hdmi 2.1, pure black, low response)

Except for the fkxxxx burn in, even i know i never abuse any tv i ever owned.

Just cant seem to have a ease of mind.

I will "settle" for the px75 unless something dramastically happened during the 3 months.

I wish you enjoy your tv.:)
Dec 10, 2017
33 posts
31 upvotes
Yes, burn-in is my main concern as well but after some reading, I started to lean more towards the fact that the danger might be a bit blown out of proportion.

Do you have to be careful? Definitely. But you have a bunch of ways to setup things so that the screen changes automatically if you forget it on static content. Obviously this is corporate talk, but I was also somewhat convinced by LG's information page on the subject. They do have multiple mitigating features in place, which makes me wonder why rtings would give it a 1.0 rating. I mean, these features should at least bump the rating a little. It's not like they're doing nothing to fix/mitigate it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your TV too!

I'll let you know my impressions when I get mine. Hope you do too!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19676 posts
5763 upvotes
Toronto
I have had an LG C8 for a year now. No burn in.

I am careful, but my wife and kids sure aren't. I sometimes come home to see the TV left on and unused, with the player left on the home screen of a Blu-ray title.
[OP]
Jul 21, 2015
459 posts
291 upvotes
North York, ON
ekredflagdeals wrote: Yes, burn-in is my main concern as well but after some reading, I started to lean more towards the fact that the danger might be a bit blown out of proportion.

Do you have to be careful? Definitely. But you have a bunch of ways to setup things so that the screen changes automatically if you forget it on static content. Obviously this is corporate talk, but I was also somewhat convinced by LG's information page on the subject. They do have multiple mitigating features in place, which makes me wonder why rtings would give it a 1.0 rating. I mean, these features should at least bump the rating a little. It's not like they're doing nothing to fix/mitigate it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your TV too!

I'll let you know my impressions when I get mine. Hope you do too!
Ya i am aware of the mitigating options too.

But the possibility of getting it just bothers me a lot.

Maybe i will overcome it

I will just stay with px75 for the 3 months honeymoon period, and see if i can get over it.

Btw, make sure to do a series of testing on the oled before you gonna keep it.

Vertical banding test, and 5% gray uniformaty(i returned an e9 cuz of that )

Attached pic. Make sure do an exchange if you do have a panel like that.

Wish us all goodluck~
Images
  • BF572581-8184-4385-AD11-DFD2A367072C.jpeg
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
1914 posts
1019 upvotes
Recently bought the OLED77C9PUB to replace a 65" E6 model, the C9s are great screens. If you game, it works great, my E6 has well over 1000 hours in gaming with RDR 2 and zero screen burn, the new C9s are just great, love the operating system etc

Burn in, I've yet to experience it with the LG OLEDs, originally they didnt have the anti burn in options enabled by default, but the new ones do (static images on my screens all the time, the pixel refresher I run before bed time almost every night though, but thats a me thing).

I didnt have issues with binding or weird white on either of my LGs, but some people report it. I like the OS........but again mostly a personal thing
[OP]
Jul 21, 2015
459 posts
291 upvotes
North York, ON
Techiedude wrote: Recently bought the OLED77C9PUB to replace a 65" E6 model, the C9s are great screens. If you game, it works great, my E6 has well over 1000 hours in gaming with RDR 2 and zero screen burn, the new C9s are just great, love the operating system etc

Burn in, I've yet to experience it with the LG OLEDs, originally they didnt have the anti burn in options enabled by default, but the new ones do (static images on my screens all the time, the pixel refresher I run before bed time almost every night though, but thats a me thing).

I didnt have issues with binding or weird white on either of my LGs, but some people report it. I like the OS........but again mostly a personal thing
Thanks for the info.

Did you get the 77c9 with a good deal? Or u just do not care about the price?
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
1914 posts
1019 upvotes
There was a 1k off thing going on so I got it at the price of the C8
Dec 10, 2017
33 posts
31 upvotes
sghgigi wrote: Btw, make sure to do a series of testing on the oled before you gonna keep it.

Wish us all goodluck~
Do you mind sharing how you do those tests? I'm not familiar with this.

Thanks!
[OP]
Jul 21, 2015
459 posts
291 upvotes
North York, ON
ekredflagdeals wrote: Do you mind sharing how you do those tests? I'm not familiar with this.

Thanks!
Just saerch 4k tv test in youtube. There a bouch of them.

For the one i posted specifically.

Search 5% grey test in youtube.

Better test this in a dark room.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
1914 posts
1019 upvotes
Just picked up a second C9 77”, Best Buy, price down 1k, so with precious and this I’m saving 2k ;)

Xbox, 21 hours total in 6 days (sibling visiting) no screen burn. Excellent picture. The LG stuff is great
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2018
1914 posts
1019 upvotes
EugW wrote: I have had an LG C8 for a year now. No burn in.

I am careful, but my wife and kids sure aren't. I sometimes come home to see the TV left on and unused, with the player left on the home screen of a Blu-ray title.
You cant really defeat other peoples habits, I ran pixel refresher everynight before bed on my E7, I ran a bunch of those burn in tests, no burn in :P probably stupid overkill

Now I have my two C9s, living room and the next one shows up wednesday and ill be putting that in man cave and moving current 75" into garage :) the C9 77" screen are pretty awesome, didnt have a C8 or C7 series to compare but for the dolla bills, Im happy with the C9 77" for sure
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1725 posts
997 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
sghgigi wrote: Ya i am aware of the mitigating options too.

But the possibility of getting it just bothers me a lot.

Maybe i will overcome it

I will just stay with px75 for the 3 months honeymoon period, and see if i can get over it.

Btw, make sure to do a series of testing on the oled before you gonna keep it.

Wish us all goodluck~

That will go away. You just need some hours on the TV or to do a manual pixel refresh.

Here was my C9 before and after doing manual pixel refresh. In my case 5% was completely dark initially and 10% was a mess.
Images
  • F2613BE9-68AB-4403-B5AD-4F576C124535.jpeg
  • C4B1E834-1FD3-436D-B1ED-320A2F3FA16B.jpeg
  • 86650B24-671B-4033-ABEA-DFF473319340.jpeg