Hot Deals

[Vmedia] 400Mbps cable internet - $40/m for 3 months, $60 thereafter (Quebec only)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2019 1:33 pm
[OP]
Apr 8, 2015
804 posts
812 upvotes
Roxboro, QC

400Mbps cable internet - $40/m for 3 months, $60 thereafter (Quebec only)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Vmedia
Quebec only.

Quebec has more limited choices for speeds upwards of 100. I'm aware if I lived in Ontario this wouldn't be a deal.

This is one of the better deals found for QC. 20$off for first 3 months plus free tv for 2 months.

Installation is a reasonable 35$. Modem included. You will need a router.

Only issue is that the reviews are mixed. Maybe some rfdrs with recent experience can chime in.
Last edited by superxxxstud on Oct 4th, 2019 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
80 replies
Jan 19, 2017
22 posts
17 upvotes
Montreal
i live in montreal west and i have videotron 400mbps which is far far worse than the bell 100 i had in milton ontario.
if vmedia is piggybacking off videotron, then i can tell you it would be really bad.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1226 posts
1034 upvotes
Doesn't look to be available for everyone. I called and was told 120MBPS @ $64.95 (Quebec)
Dec 8, 2008
966 posts
109 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I see 40$ for 3 months then 60$ regular price, that's solid, I'm on Carrytel 50/10 but man that's solid speeds I'm considering it
Aug 14, 2019
54 posts
90 upvotes
If Vidéotron offered a deal like that, I'd jump on it. But Vmedia.. it's a risk.
[OP]
Apr 8, 2015
804 posts
812 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
ProfProcyon wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 2:22 pm
If Vidéotron offered a deal like that, I'd jump on it. But Vmedia.. it's a risk.
Vmedia is just a bell/videotron reseller. To the person who said videotron is terrible, thats really bad luck or your cabling was defective or is some really highly congested area.
[OP]
Apr 8, 2015
804 posts
812 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Tcalp wrote:
Oct 4th, 2019 12:19 pm
Doesn't look to be available for everyone. I called and was told 120MBPS @ $64.95 (Quebec)
What region are you in? Had you checked with their online tool first?
Oct 29, 2009
114 posts
20 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I currently have the Videotron 400 plan, how would my experience change if I change to Vmedia? I usually consume about 1-1.5 tb both download and upload a month.
May 27, 2007
236 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal
very good deal indeed. I wonder if Videotron willing to pricematch this.
Sep 8, 2010
265 posts
20 upvotes
Chambly
Thanks Op...just signed up but was able to get 980Mbps for 49.95/month for three months and then 69.95/month. Wondering if I should just get 400 and save $10/month but you know... ;)

Was able to get install and modem deposit waived! Hope their service is good.
Jan 19, 2017
22 posts
17 upvotes
Montreal
Thumbs up for the deal OP ! I am scheduled to get it installed at mine on 18th Oct. Got 940 Mbps for 49.95 for 3 months and then 69.95 per month on-wards.
I called their call-center and the rep was GREAT ! He waived off the installation fees, (refundable) deposit for modem, and gave me free shipping.

I am glad I dont have to deal with the mediocre videotron support service anymore. They never offer any real help, only speculation. I had to bear with their perpetually under-performing service (400 mbps) for over a year ! They never helped me with any real option and recently were only interested to push me on their Helix plans, which are 30 percent more expensive for the same speed. Yeah right, for one year of mediocrity !
Their own app NEVER gave me a speed test above 230 mbps for MORE THAN A YEAR (getting 52.39 mbps as I type this). And they kept telling me that they cannot do anything about it, YET continued to happily charge me the same price and increased mid way also. Yet, somehow they're revered in Quebec like some sort of holy grail. I bet they'd be thrashed out anywhere else in a real market.
[OP]
Apr 8, 2015
804 posts
812 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Anyone have updates with their installations?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1841 posts
1205 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Funny.. I'm on Altimatel yearly package, which is not bad after all my discounts. However this is an awesome price.

Strange thing is, I can't seem to be able to get to the vmedia.ca web site.
And seem to be some strange routing from my connection. I connected my tablet to my tenants wifi, and it works fine... Hmm.. This is the FIRST site I've ever had issues with. Next weekend, I think I will play with my router/firewall.. Maybe I mangled some rule, or enabled some strange service (but I doubt it)

If someone here is with Altimatel (in QC) on Cable service, can you confirm if you can access vmedia.ca ?

UPDATE: I just asked a friend who is also on same ISP and cable, to check, and his is OK, so I guess it is something on my end :( Oh well.
Jan 5, 2015
146 posts
183 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Vmedia throttles like crazy. Do your research. “Traffic shaping”.
Not worth the hassle.