Expired Hot Deals

Free install on all internet plans for new customers ($99.95 value ON & QC)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2016 7:50 pm
[OP]
Dec 23, 2015
353 posts
231 upvotes
Kingston, ON

Free install on all internet plans for new customers ($99.95 value ON & QC)

Deal Link:
Savings:
100%
Offer valid for all internet plans where Bell, Cogeco or Videotron is the underlying network provider. I check with them and it was implied they could honor this for current customers switching internet mediums (Cable->DSL & vice versa).

all internet plans where Bell, Cogeco or Videotron is the underlying network provider.

This is even cheaper if you already have the relevant equipment.

http://www.vmedia.ca/blog/internet-special-offer/
16 replies
Jan 28, 2008
218 posts
32 upvotes
Is it me or their plan seem to be more expensive compare to Rogers/Bell??
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3515 posts
1554 upvotes
Ottawa
Urm. Not expensive relative to bell for cheaper ones.. But cheapest has a dry loop fee..
Wonder if the others do
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2496 posts
1686 upvotes
GTA
I was with them and never had any issues. However, I'm fairly technical and have never had serious technical issues with any of the 8+ Internet Service Providers I've been with, so take that with a grain of salt. With that said, why would you go with a second tier provider when going directly with Bell or Rogers or what have you will cost the same or cheaper? Yes, CHEAPER, by going direct as they always have deals through one of their sales reps who frequent RFD. Just do a search for the Bell or Rogers threads.

BTW, yes, I am aware some people have a hate for Bell and Rogers, so if that's you, go with the third party provider. Otherwise, you're better off getting it from whomever provides the lower price.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16599 posts
2314 upvotes
Their Internet service is fine, but their TV is awful.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2496 posts
1686 upvotes
GTA
coolspot wrote: Their Internet service is fine, but their TV is awful.
Good point! I tried their TV service as well and feel I totally wasted my money buying their TV box.
Jan 28, 2009
70 posts
21 upvotes
Etobicoke
Britex wrote: I was with them and never had any issues. However, I'm fairly technical and have never had serious technical issues with any of the 8+ Internet Service Providers I've been with, so take that with a grain of salt. With that said, why would you go with a second tier provider when going directly with Bell or Rogers or what have you will cost the same or cheaper? Yes, CHEAPER, by going direct as they always have deals through one of their sales reps who frequent RFD. Just do a search for the Bell or Rogers threads.

BTW, yes, I am aware some people have a hate for Bell and Rogers, so if that's you, go with the third party provider. Otherwise, you're better off getting it from whomever provides the lower price.
Bell and Rogers are ALWAYS more expensive (of course they will catch you first with "deal"), examples?
25Mbps bell - 69.95$ vmedia - 52.95$ teksavvy - 48.99$ (400GB)
50Mbps bell - 79.96$ vmedia - 62.95$ teksavvy - 59.99$ (400GB)
So answer is because bell always will charge you more, if not with direct pricing (usual) than with overcharging, limiting data, increasing prices slowly so most people do not notice. Yes you can beg for deals now and then but why should I if I get lower prices and same service everywhere else … And no I am not a hater I just prefer not to be overcharged for same service.
You are maybe fairly technical, but not very "save savvy" or just working for bell.
[OP]
Dec 23, 2015
353 posts
231 upvotes
Kingston, ON
[QUOTE]
You are maybe fairly technical, but not very "save savvy" or just working for bell.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seems like a RoBelUs shill. Bell doesn't even offer higher then 5mbps DSL in my area, yet VMedia is willing to give me 50mbps DSL and have a bell person get it setup. I currently have their 60mbps cable plan and am tempted to go with the 50mbps for $10 less.
[OP]
Dec 23, 2015
353 posts
231 upvotes
Kingston, ON
coolspot wrote: Their Internet service is fine, but their TV is awful.
Yeah I heard the VBox is pretty bad. Hopefully they invest more into improving it.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18868 posts
6667 upvotes
Toronto
Switched from Cogeco to Vmedia (Cable) for the comparable plan...just be warned, they throttle you between 6pm (might be 7) to 12pm on any P2P/Torrenting type traffic...I haven't tested the gaming part, but apparently also applies to any game downloads on PS4/Xbone, or "download manager" type things.

vMedia has has acknowledged doing this on their forums
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Nov 8, 2007
584 posts
251 upvotes
Seems like their plans got more expensive. Definitely wouldn't go back to these guys - the support was awful.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2496 posts
1686 upvotes
GTA
tomulek wrote: Bell and Rogers are ALWAYS more expensive (of course they will catch you first with "deal"), examples?
25Mbps bell - 69.95$ vmedia - 52.95$ teksavvy - 48.99$ (400GB)
50Mbps bell - 79.96$ vmedia - 62.95$ teksavvy - 59.99$ (400GB)
So answer is because bell always will charge you more, if not with direct pricing (usual) than with overcharging, limiting data, increasing prices slowly so most people do not notice. Yes you can beg for deals now and then but why should I if I get lower prices and same service everywhere else … And no I am not a hater I just prefer not to be overcharged for same service.
You are maybe fairly technical, but not very "save savvy" or just working for bell.
syntaxerror wrote: Yeah, seems like a RoBelUs shill. Bell doesn't even offer higher then 5mbps DSL in my area, yet VMedia is willing to give me 50mbps DSL and have a bell person get it setup. I currently have their 60mbps cable plan and am tempted to go with the 50mbps for $10 less.
Wow... I'm a shill when I'm just being objective. I guess switching to different providers depending on who gives the best offer is not being "save savvy" in your books and I should avoid Bell and Rogers no matter what....Right. I guess the others who point out this "deal" isn't cheap must be shills as well.

As for getting 50mbps over the exact same DSL lines... Obviously whoever you talked with at Bell had incorrect info in front of them, otherwise it does not make logical sense to only offer you 5mbps; but talking logic would be beyond you anyway.

In any case I won't waste my time with people like you so please do me a favour and put me on ignore as I'm doing the same for you two. You obviously have nothing to contribute that I'd be interested in reading.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2009 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
syntaxerror wrote: Yeah, seems like a RoBelUs shill. Bell doesn't even offer higher then 5mbps DSL in my area, yet VMedia is willing to give me 50mbps DSL and have a bell person get it setup. I currently have their 60mbps cable plan and am tempted to go with the 50mbps for $10 less.
Hardly a shill. They are more expensive for many people. In addition they have very expensive installation fees and equipment. They seem very good on paper and perhaps they are the right choice for some. Do they finally support HD Netflix officially via Android TV? The Android box they sell used to be a MyGica based player which to my knowledge has never had an official Netflix app ( not talking tablet app on a media player). Might have changed by now though. Even FibeTV now provides Netflix out of the box.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3641 posts
846 upvotes
These days it's almost better to try to negotiate a better deal from bell or Rogers.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1921 posts
215 upvotes
Which one is better These or the Cable box ?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1905 posts
589 upvotes
Ottawa
Vmedia TV is not bad
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4102 posts
1017 upvotes
This comes in handy as I need a provider for my parents. However their reviews are quite horrible.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8