Expired Hot Deals

VMedia is now in BC 15mbs cable internet $29.95/m Unlimited!

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2016 1:07 pm
[OP]
Apr 29, 2012
10 posts
2 upvotes
kelowna bc

VMedia is now in BC 15mbs cable internet $29.95/m Unlimited!

Deal Link:
Price:
Hey Guys first post but been a RFD member for a long time only as a reader however just wanted to share this for others that maybe looking for another option rather than Shaw, or TELUS out there! I moved from Toronto with VMedia 100mbs service to Richmond BC and got stuck with Shaw then I got a call saying service is now available by VMedia in BC now! Cancelled Shaw and signed up and so far its been great. They don’t have DSL or FTTN in BC yet, not sure when they will, and I’m waiting on their TV also because I still have 3 Vboxes I own from Toronto. I’m typing this from work so excuse the rush and possible typos.
VMedia Internet for BC.

All their plans are unlimited.

Internet Prices for BC.

Cable Internet Plan:

15 Mbps download
516kbs upload
Unlimited bandwidth
$29.95/month

20 Mbps download
1.5 Mbps upload
Unlimited Bandwidth
$39.95/month

30 Mbps download
5 Mbps upload
Unlimited Bandwidth
$44.95/month

60 Mbps download
6 Mbps upload
Unlimited Bandwidth
$74.95/month

Installation Fee is: $79.95
$21.95 to transfer from Shaw Cable only.

Cable modem currently sold and I purchased from them is the Huawei MT130U.

Please let me know if I missed anything or should change anything thanks! :D
31 replies
[OP]
Apr 29, 2012
10 posts
2 upvotes
kelowna bc
just realised that I must have posted something years ago also... sorry this is my 3rd post I stand corrected. :o
May 5, 2009
617 posts
320 upvotes
Vancouver
Too bad for modem rental and prices. Are these guys Shaw or Telus resellers? I'm on Telus and don't recognize any of the modems.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1437 posts
368 upvotes
Calgary
They are also coming to Calgary June 15. I might give them a look to switch from shaw as they are going to be a shaw reseller here and my shaw connection at home is great.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2013
1195 posts
658 upvotes
Surrey, BC (GVR)
VancityAcura wrote: Too bad for modem rental and prices. Are these guys Shaw or Telus resellers? I'm on Telus and don't recognize any of the modems.
It says on the website that a shaw service technician will do the activation.
Please check my feedback:
RFD
HWC
Heatware
Apr 5, 2003
923 posts
263 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Any idea if this is better than TekSavvy or is it all the same being that it's on Shaw's network? TSI has 300 GB, but Vmedia is unlimited. Anything else that could be a factor?
Jul 21, 2013
878 posts
566 upvotes
Calgary
bomberman447 wrote: They are also coming to Calgary June 15. I might give them a look to switch from shaw as they are going to be a shaw reseller here and my shaw connection at home is great.
I have Vmedia for a month now, you must be confused with the TV service?

They are Shaw yes, same as all the other ones. You can pickup a modem around 100$ (worth it because you can use it at all other 3rd party providers).

Remember that Shaw might be great, but Vmedia's endpoint is somewhere in Ontario, so all your traffic has to go there first. I have good ping times and great speeds, but just so you know.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1437 posts
368 upvotes
Calgary
Roger21 wrote: I have Vmedia for a month now, you must be confused with the TV service?

They are Shaw yes, same as all the other ones. You can pickup a modem around 100$ (worth it because you can use it at all other 3rd party providers).

Remember that Shaw might be great, but Vmedia's endpoint is somewhere in Ontario, so all your traffic has to go there first. I have good ping times and great speeds, but just so you know.
I just based it on this herald article.
http://calgaryherald.com/business/local ... m-services
hmm, assumed it would be running through shaw in Calgary. Will have to wait and see then. Do you know if your speeds are comparable to a standard shaw connection?
Dec 25, 2009
943 posts
213 upvotes
Anyone try this in Calgary/AB? Is it worth while?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6705 posts
2881 upvotes
Canada
BC? Perhaps 5% of the landmass of BC. Looks like another Lower Mainland deal.
Jul 21, 2013
878 posts
566 upvotes
Calgary
bomberman447 wrote: I just based it on this herald article.
http://calgaryherald.com/business/local ... m-services
hmm, assumed it would be running through shaw in Calgary. Will have to wait and see then. Do you know if your speeds are comparable to a standard shaw connection?
I used to have Distributel, their uptime wasn't great (that was back in 2013) and Teksavvy got too expensive with their datacaps.

This is what I get now:
Oct 25, 2004
579 posts
78 upvotes
vmedia was terrible for the year I was with them in Mississauga. Wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.
stanislavspon wrote: There are certain extraterrestrial races who look upon us the way we look upon animals. Though such view is not held widely throughout the universe some extraterrestrial races view us to be a barbaric race. I would have to agree with them. Moreover planet earth is being quarantined and monitored specifically since we detonated the atomic bomb. Many extraterrestrial races are excited to see us evolve so we can join our galactic family of light.
Banned
Apr 22, 2015
884 posts
106 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Can Vmedia provide TV service too in west coast?
English is not my first language, please bear with me
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3060 posts
2468 upvotes
GVRD
It seems that TPIA market is getting more interesting like the Long Distance war in the 90s. :lol:
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
19260 posts
7656 upvotes
Toronto
I have vmedia...got them a couple months ago as their pricing is much better than Cogeco...however, what I didn't realize when signing up is they throttle their internet between 6pm and 12am...so things like Torrenting and other downloading become pretty much impossible.

I get throttled to 25kbps for downloading activities between these times....and I'm on the 50mbps plan!
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Partner Level Donor with the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
May 11, 2013
129 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks like surf has the cheapest 30 Mbps plan
Aug 31, 2010
911 posts
189 upvotes
Victoria
deal_with_singh wrote: I have vmedia...got them a couple months ago as their pricing is much better than Cogeco...however, what I didn't realize when signing up is they throttle their internet between 6pm and 12am...so things like Torrenting and other downloading become pretty much impossible.

I get throttled to 25kbps for downloading activities between these times....and I'm on the 50mbps plan!
That's terrible, how about watching Netflix after 6pm?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2687 upvotes
Vancouver
ModemOutlet wrote: Can Vmedia provide TV service too in west coast?
Apparently the holdup is that any company that wants to provide cable TV service is required to carry local stations by CRTC regulation. That's why the areas where Vmedia provides TV service are so limited, even though there is technically no reason they could not provide the same IPTV service in BC as they do in Ontario.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)