Expired Hot Deals

[VMedia] Switch to VMedia internet and get 6 months VMedia Skinny TV for FREE (value of $107.70)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2017 5:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8560 upvotes
GTHA

Switch to VMedia internet and get 6 months VMedia Skinny TV for FREE (value of $107.70)

Deal Link:
Savings:
$17.95
Retailer:
VMedia
VMEDIA-facebook-freetvvalentine-en-768x403.png

VMedia blog post for the promo
http://www.vmedia.ca/blog/our-best-pric ... s-free-tv/

FREE TV WITH ANY INTERNET PLAN details

This unique offer includes six months FREE Skinny TV package, a value of $107.70, included with your internet service! Enjoy VMedia TV for FREE, with no obligation to continue past the FREE period. After six months, the price for our Skinny TV package will be $17.95, or the then current regular price for the package. You can also choose to subscribe for one of our larger packages; either Basic, regular price $29.95, or Premium Basic, regular price $44.95, and get a credit of $17.95 per month for six months.

Enjoying VMedia TV requires either our VBox set top box and media player, or a Roku Player (either Roku 2, 3, 4 or a Roku-powered smart TV). The VBox can be rented for $9.95/month with a refundable deposit of $49.95 payable upon the return of the VBox, with all included components and packaging in good condition. If you already have a VBox or one of the Roku devices above, there is no additional equipment costs for you. You need one device, either a VBox or a Roku device, for each TV.

If you do not wish to continue with the TV service beyond the ‘Free’ period then call in to our Call Centre to cancel. This offer and our regular prices are subject to change without notice. Prices shown do not include tax. The VBox you rent may be new or refurbished. Equipment not purchased by you or rented must be returned to VMedia if your TV service is cancelled. VBoxes can also be purchased for $129.95.

This offer applies to new VMedia TV customers only. New customers must not have subscribed to VMedia TV in the past six months.
48 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6463 posts
987 upvotes
seems like a good deal to try out their TV.
Free installation and dry loop for DSL, cheaper than VM but of course can't compete with Carrytel atm.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2036 posts
1858 upvotes
Toronto
Meh. Still garbage compared to access to private IPTV providers.
$15/m and access to pretty much every channel you can think (local and worldwide).
Feb 13, 2007
89 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I'm already an Internet customer. Can I add TV and get 6 months free or must I be a new internet customer as well?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2009 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
BengaliPrince wrote: Meh. Still garbage compared to access to private IPTV providers.
$15/m and access to pretty much every channel you can think (local and worldwide).
Hardly a fair comparison.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3463 posts
1982 upvotes
Toronto
"CTV, CBC, ICI, TVA, Global, NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX and PBS, all in beautiful HD". I think I get every single one of those channels with my antenna (and more) without paying a nickel.
Aug 26, 2010
963 posts
241 upvotes
Brampton
BengaliPrince wrote: Meh. Still garbage compared to access to private IPTV providers.
Those pirate streams are in SD quality and police will have your billing information if these resellers ever get busted. There's already a crackdown on fully loaded Kodi boxes and resellers of illegal IPTV streams.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2121 posts
1366 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Those are illegal. There is a reason why legitimate tv providers like vmedia and zazeen can't match those prices.
Jul 21, 2013
793 posts
477 upvotes
Calgary
KangFu wrote: Those pirate streams are in SD quality and police will have your billing information if these resellers ever get busted. There's already a crackdown on fully loaded Kodi boxes and resellers of illegal IPTV streams.
Maybe but highly highly unlikely they will go after end-users. Maybe providers and sellers, but not end-users.
Nov 17, 2016
8 posts
1 upvote
beachlover wrote: "CTV, CBC, ICI, TVA, Global, NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX and PBS, all in beautiful HD". I think I get every single one of those channels with my antenna (and more) without paying a nickel.
^ THIS. Just get a digital antenna for $20 and you get all these channels and more. Also, with a digital antenna you get these channels UNCOMPRESSED, which is better quality than anything VMedia, Rogers, Bell can offer (their channels are compressed).
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2004
1851 posts
193 upvotes
Markham
Dumped VMedia and never looked back. Was with them from launch and toughed it out for too long, their customer service is non-existent, and their streams (hardware/software) were buggy as hell.

To top it off the no-contract BS was lies, they said we couldn't cancel mid-way it was by billing cycle.

Stay far away from these clowns, they are horrible in every aspect. Just my $0.02

My RFD Feedback: 100%
My HEATWARE: 50-0= 100% Positive
My HoFo Feedback ~ Deal with confidence! 100% Positive
Oct 15, 2016
157 posts
43 upvotes
If I didn't have Rogers Gigabit & VIP for $99, I might actually consider this deal.
Koodo & Public Mobile Customer.
Oct 15, 2016
157 posts
43 upvotes
Which one is a good one? I'm using IPTV express and I find it to freeze sometimes in the afternoon / evenings lately.
Koodo & Public Mobile Customer.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2121 posts
1366 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
futbol23 wrote: ^ THIS. Just get a digital antenna for $20 and you get all these channels and more. Also, with a digital antenna you get these channels UNCOMPRESSED, which is better quality than anything VMedia, Rogers, Bell can offer (their channels are compressed).
What if you live further north?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2036 posts
1858 upvotes
Toronto
KangFu wrote:
Those pirate streams are in SD quality and police will have your billing information if these resellers ever get busted. There's already a crackdown on fully loaded Kodi boxes and resellers of illegal IPTV streams.
there are tons of HD channels, and I buy it off some reseller that posts flyers around where I live lol. All he has is one of my TextNow phone numbers (which is basically a burner number) and a fake name lol. Gets paid through PayPal.
GurungBoi wrote: care to refer a decent one?
Yep see below
YorkIT wrote:
Which one is a good one? I'm using IPTV express and I find it to freeze sometimes in the afternoon / evenings lately.
Right now I have two, one for my TV other for my tablet running off STB Emulator

StarTV (no issues with it, never froze on me or went offline) and the other one I'm not sure what is called, my guy just randomly offered it to me one day saying to try it out, the portal starts with dgold.___.___ (tons of HD channels, way more than StarTV) and picture quality is crystal clear actually looks HD. StarTV the picture quality isn't this clear but its still decent and reliable. I pay $25/m for two. (my guy gives a $5 discount).
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2689 posts
1355 upvotes
B.C.
futbol23 wrote: Some of us aren't as lucky. I only get two OTA channels!

^ THIS. Just get a digital antenna for $20 and you get all these channels and more. Also, with a digital antenna you get these channels UNCOMPRESSED, which is better quality than anything VMedia, Rogers, Bell can offer (their channels are compressed).
1V4N wrote: Dumped VMedia and never looked back. Was with them from launch and toughed it out for too long, their customer service is non-existent, and their streams (hardware/software) were buggy as hell.

To top it off the no-contract BS was lies, they said we couldn't cancel mid-way it was by billing cycle.

Stay far away from these clowns, they are horrible in every aspect. Just my $0.02
Agreed, although the quality of the tv box has improved greatly with the last few firmware updates. Customer service still sucks and you have to pay to return the tv box if you cancel the service!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2004
1154 posts
378 upvotes
Whitby
No CP24 in the skinny package? Should be illegal for them to charge you for channels you can get with an antenna :(

-Jamie M.
Home server: http://ywax.us
Speedtest: Image
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6463 posts
987 upvotes
anyone has experience using their TV service on a Roku device?
Is it still supported I read some news about it when they had issues with Bell.
Would it be better to use it instead of their vbox?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3671 posts
4330 upvotes
Toronto
Ya like free music vs apple music... illegal vs legal. Why buy a car when you can rob one?... don't know why comparing that.