Shopping Discussion

Voila Grocery Delivery - Items saved to cart retain sale price even after promo is over?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2021 12:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2272 posts
841 upvotes
Toronto

Voila Grocery Delivery - Items saved to cart retain sale price even after promo is over?

Not sure if this has been posted before, but once an item is added to your cart, it keeps the sale price even after the sale is well over. This seems to apply to free samples too.

Could be good for those who plan out their groceries and want to lock in pricing.
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3518 posts
696 upvotes
Toronto
@Driftwood - off topic, but have you received e-mails from Voila since the 51% takeover by Longo's? I haven't and we order every week. I asked someone else I know personally who uses Voila and she continues to receive e-mails. I have called 5 times and so far no answer other than "I will look into it".

My biggest concern is now that we have the multi-delivery option what if one of the items selected is suddenly out of stock and it takes you below $50. Is the order cancelled? Do they substitute something that we do not want? I do like the multi-delivery option because you can split up what you need at the time. The fellows who deliver the groceries expect that we should be receiving e-mails, but aren't - even though they are auto-generated.

Fortunately, we have never had a substitution.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2272 posts
841 upvotes
Toronto
Blanche123 wrote: @Driftwood - off topic, but have you received e-mails from Voila since the 51% takeover by Longo's? I haven't and we order every week. I asked someone else I know personally who uses Voila and she continues to receive e-mails. I have called 5 times and so far no answer other than "I will look into it".

My biggest concern is now that we have the multi-delivery option what if one of the items selected is suddenly out of stock and it takes you below $50. Is the order cancelled? Do they substitute something that we do not want? I do like the multi-delivery option because you can split up what you need at the time. The fellows who deliver the groceries expect that we should be receiving e-mails, but aren't - even though they are auto-generated.

Fortunately, we have never had a substitution.
Yup still get promos email from Voila. They don't do substitutions as far as I'm aware, their system is pretty good, I've always got exactly what I ordered.

I did have an issue where I used a free delivery coupon and the overall total ended up being below the purchase min due to the variable cost of meat/produce so they ended up charging me delivery anyways. I initially called in to get it adjusted, but the rep said they couldn't do anything. (got the feeling that she just didn't want to help) I sent an email right after and they were able to adjust no prob.

*edit* it was Empire (Sobey's/Farm Boy/Voila) who bought Longo's.
https://www.supermarketnews.com/retail- ... ke-longo-s
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
4369 posts
2249 upvotes
I must say Voila is the best delivery service for me during the pandemic. They now offer delivery subscriptions too. I can't see myself going back to regular grocery shopping (too much time).
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
1800 posts
2618 upvotes
St Clements, MB
It's a real pity that Voila Delivery or Curbside Pick Up is only available in a limited geographical area. We have reduced our frequency and spend at Sobeys, Safeway & Freshco because of their inability to roll out Curbside Pick Up to every store nationally.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3518 posts
696 upvotes
Toronto
Driftwood - thanks for your reply. Oh, they do in fact do substitutions - both of us have been lucky that we have not encountered them.

I agree, I have always received exactly what I ordered. And now we have signed up for the delivery subscriptions too as referenced by MyNameWasTaken.

I will call again regarding lack of e-mails or send them an e-mail. At first I thought it might just be that Voila had started to cut down on their e-mails but it has come to the point that I have to sign in to make sure that my order is coming.

One thing I did learn in my frequent phone conversations was that it would be 2 years before Voila and Grocery Gateway merged. Maybe I will try an e-mail again - that was my first try with the lack of e-mails, then 5 phone calls and I still don't get them and it has been months and since I order every week you do have to wonder.

The one thing that I need to go to the store for though is my Organic Meadow Chocolate Milk - with appropriate dates and it is very popular. I don't like any of the others and I have tried them all. Voila doesn't carry it and besides even though a robot picks out everything they can only pick what is there. The person I do know who uses Voila does so only for certain things because if she wants just 3 potatoes she doesn't want a bag so that is an issue. I wish that more products from Farm Boy were carried in Toronto - they do carry the Organic Meadow milk under their own name, and also fresh meat. The dentist is located 1 minute from a Farm Boy store so whenever we go I go into the store. In Toronto of course we are limited to just the salted meat varieties. But I can't complain - Voila has been excellent.