VOIP.MS

VOIP.MS - add $15 and they will add $15 - targeted

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2022 4:09 pm
Dec 1, 2012
44 posts
15 upvotes
Hi, thanks for the message.

Our marketing team created an exclusive campaign for customers who recently stopped using VoIP.ms service (or drastically reduced usage). Our intention with this campaign was to offer an incentive for those who left us to test and judge the quality of the improvements we made to our platform.

We understand how this might make you feel, and thanks to believers in our service like you, we have a strong community of supporters. Our community is a big part of our DNA as a company, and that is why we have a referral program where we offer up to $25 of free credit per referral.

As a token of courtesy, I would like to offer you 25% additional credits for each and every of your new referrals until the end of January 2022.
This is effective as of today, and all additional credits will be added by our sales team on or around February, 1st 2022.
Sep 13, 2020
118 posts
75 upvotes
easypicks wrote: Hi, thanks for the message.

Our marketing team created an exclusive campaign for customers who recently stopped using VoIP.ms service (or drastically reduced usage). Our intention with this campaign was to offer an incentive for those who left us to test and judge the quality of the improvements we made to our platform.

We understand how this might make you feel, and thanks to believers in our service like you, we have a strong community of supporters. Our community is a big part of our DNA as a company, and that is why we have a referral program where we offer up to $25 of free credit per referral.

As a token of courtesy, I would like to offer you 25% additional credits for each and every of your new referrals until the end of January 2022.
This is effective as of today, and all additional credits will be added by our sales team on or around February, 1st 2022.
So ... they're not going to match a $15 account top-up from existing, active users then?
Aug 16, 2004
569 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi ...., thanks for the message.

That's left a bitter taste in my mouth..
Dec 1, 2012
44 posts
15 upvotes
Pretty much thanks for your loyalty but no thanks unless you bring us in more new money.

Selfish, considering they cost many of us that use their service for business to lose money or put our business in jeopardy due to their servers being down for 3 week!

No discount then either!
Sep 13, 2020
118 posts
75 upvotes
So the multiple times we had to switch servers in our configs; the dropped calls we endured; the number of times we picked up a phone with no dial tone; the complete unavailability of anything resembling responsiveness to support requests; the almost zero public posting of updates via social media - or their website... or at least until much much later in the ongoing outage.

Sure - many of their flaws and weaknesses were exposed and they've now put new mechanisms in place to keep the user base better informed - but that is now, not then.

We were left to pretty much fend for ourselves - and seek out other user experiences, updates via /r and start a fast search for alternate providers, etc.

All of that, and the only group they're interested in appeasing now are recent former customers? Great big blind spot they've got there.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
1067 posts
344 upvotes
easypicks wrote: Hi, thanks for the message.

Received the same message just now. Not happy considering how bad the service was in the fall. There were a few days when there was zero service.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25126 posts
21563 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
mintchoco wrote: Not happy considering how bad the service was in the fall. There were a few days when there was zero service.
IOW if they pissed you off so much that you left, then now they're trying to win you back with a $15 "test drive." But if you demonstrated patience and loyalty throughout, then despite the many times more than $15 you lost, they just assume you either won't notice the win-back freebie or won't care.

Not very astute IMO.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3106 posts
1075 upvotes
Montreal
They refused to give me the promo...

This is what they gave me instead:

| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Sep 13, 2020
118 posts
75 upvotes
Mcklain wrote: They refused to give me the promo...

Short-sighted.

I've just sent in a ticket to see if they want to give this a re-think for the loyal customers who stuck with them. Not holding my breath.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3905 posts
3816 upvotes
Muskoka
I got the referral message as well instead of the $15 credit
Public Mobile
Nov 27, 2006
290 posts
46 upvotes
I had put up with the issues and quality so long. This made my decision to switch so much easier now. 🤬
Sep 11, 2009
67 posts
81 upvotes
GTA
Mcklain wrote: They refused to give me the promo...

I got the same canned response that others here have just received. Definitely not the answer I was expecting as a very long term customer that put up with changing configs, downtime and helping relatives using their service during the DoS weeks. If they think this will encourage me to refer and recommend they are greatly mistaken.
Sep 13, 2020
118 posts
75 upvotes
ABDealmatic wrote: Short-sighted.

I've just sent in a ticket to see if they want to give this a re-think for the loyal customers who stuck with them. Not holding my breath.
Well, they did respond fairly quickly.

With the exact same canned response as everyone else has received - so far.

No bueno.Neutral Face
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25126 posts
21563 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Judging by the relatively large number of posters here who got the "25% additional credits for each and every of your new referrals until the end of January 2022" sop, there must have been a deluge of complaints from loyal customers who didn't get the original $15-off offer.

IOW they're pissing off an awful lot of people who noticed their loyalty was being unrecognized and who made the effort to tell them. Instead of using the $15 promo to cement that loyalty they seem to be going out of their way to antagonize us.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8904 posts
15988 upvotes
Montreal
ABDealmatic wrote: I've just sent in a ticket to see if they want to give this a re-think for the loyal customers who stuck with them. Not holding my breath.
I've just sent them an email, suggesting to cancel any courtesy credit since it pisses everybody anyway.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Feb 19, 2012
509 posts
103 upvotes
Montreal
Any alternative to VOIP.MS?

I seriously considering porting out. Such an insulting to the loyal customer who endure during the outage instead of offer something you want to me bring someone in. LOL.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25126 posts
21563 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Temporel wrote: Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
They did it to themselves by
1. Offering this to one group of customers, those who left, and not the other, those who stayed (and demonstrated their loyalty.)
2. Hoping the latter wouldn't discover the offer they made to the former.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1146 posts
101 upvotes
Steven001 wrote: Any alternative to VOIP.MS?

I seriously considering porting out. Such an insulting to the loyal customer who endure during the outage instead of offer something you want to me bring someone in. LOL.
Twilio, Telnyx, didlogic, callcentric, anveodirect

Good luck with your research!
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1132 posts
457 upvotes
Edmonton
Lol. What a joke.

Hi, thanks for the message.

More information about our referral program can be found right here: https://voip.ms/en/features/referral-program.

Thank you for your loyalty and continuous support, we look forward to a successful year ahead.