Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
2869 posts
1029 upvotes
Windsor

VOIP Options

I have CarryTel 40/10 + phone service for $40+tx / month. I pay yearly, and the contract comes up pretty soon.

I recently saw that Bell has 1.5/940 for $75 / mo in my area; about double the price, but I can probably justify it. However, the home phone is crazy expensive with them ($50+). If I was looking to keep my home phone, what's my cheapest option? I have a Grandstream HT-502 or something like this that I purchased a while ago, if that helps me in any way.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
4 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17647 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Look into VoiP.ms or Freephoneline.ca.

I've been using Freephoneline.ca for years with no major issues.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5724 posts
3233 upvotes
Toronto
Buy freephoneline sip and port your current home number to them for around $100.

There is a huge freephoneline thread here somewhere. Been with them for 5 yrs now and paying $0 every month feel good.

However, only people who calls are mostly duct cleaning or ppl with heavy accent pretending to be CRA or some and wants to scam me.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
6811 posts
11346 upvotes
Montreal
No support with FreePhoneLine.ca check VoIP.ms (it offers support if ever you need it; it's better than searching on your own).
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3678 posts
749 upvotes
Kingston
audit13 wrote: Look into VoiP.ms or Freephoneline.ca.

I've been using Freephoneline.ca for years with no major issues.
Same here

I had voip.ms and then found I wasn't using it enough to justify the monthly fee. Bought Freephoneline.ca and the kids use it mostly to talk to the grandparents and it's used as a secondary/emergency line for when my wife and I go out since we both have cell phones and no physical landline. So if we need to get ahold of the sitter/grandparents, we can call them or they can call us.