Tags:
[OP]
Nov 16, 2010
73 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto

VOIP Question: Trying to locate Bell NID/Demarcation box

Hello,
I purchased an Obi200 device previously and I am researching on how to set up VOIP in my house based on the tutorial here: https://www.voipmyhouse.com/#thesolution

Where Step 1 is to Disconnect the house from the POTS phone jack in the phone demarcation box.

Unfortunately I am having trouble locating this demarcation box on the outside and inside of the house. The only thing I could locate were these 2 in the pics attached.

Does anyone know if either of these are the demarcation boxes? If so, how do I disconnect the bell signal to the house

Thanks.
Images
  • img1.jpg
  • img2.jpg
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1294 posts
836 upvotes
Etobicoke
I looks to me that its the wire on the left of the first image. it is then split to the other 3 on the right. The second image is just a ground.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15570 posts
2209 upvotes
xxxray wrote: I looks to me that its the wire on the left of the first image. it is then split to the other 3 on the right. The second image is just a ground.
Concur.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
[OP]
Nov 16, 2010
73 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for your help.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
14404 posts
2904 upvotes
Toronto
There should be a box with a typical phone jack if you are not running pure fibe in the house. Have a look at this video for help. The person needs to get a POTS (Plain Old Telephone System) adaptor so you don't have that spagetti wiring there.

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Jun 21, 2008
531 posts
139 upvotes
mississauga
echho wrote: Hello,
I purchased an Obi200 device previously and I am researching on how to set up VOIP in my house based on the tutorial here: https://www.voipmyhouse.com/#thesolution

Where Step 1 is to Disconnect the house from the POTS phone jack in the phone demarcation box.

Unfortunately I am having trouble locating this demarcation box on the outside and inside of the house. The only thing I could locate were these 2 in the pics attached.

Does anyone know if either of these are the demarcation boxes? If so, how do I disconnect the bell signal to the house

Thanks.
What i did when i had voip.ms, just plugged the phone wire from the ATA(box) to a cordless phone with 3 handsets. Problem solved
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
3721 posts
776 upvotes
centre of universe
jensen1 wrote: What i did when i had voip.ms, just plugged the phone wire from the ATA(box) to a cordless phone with 3 handsets. Problem solved
This. simple solution. unless moderator object to this post.Winking Face
I dont care about Ethics, morals, rules or laws. I will apologies only when I get caught.
I try not to apologies but sometimes do it. not because its right thing but it benefits me.
New Mantra for idiots Just ask RFD before searching answers anywhere.
[OP]
Nov 16, 2010
73 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the video. It was helpful. I don't have a POTS adapter as per your post and the video.

It just looks like Spaghetti wiring like you mentioned. Can I just call Bell to have one installed or will they charge a fee.