Volvo Certified warranty shall i extend now or later

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2021 8:50 am
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
575 posts
241 upvotes

Volvo Certified warranty shall i extend now or later

Getting a certified volvo car from dealership but the warranty will expire end of 2023 i am planning to keep the car until 2025 atleast . Also thinking if it helps a resale value when i am selling shall i go ahead and cut a deal to extend it till 2025 it is costing extra 2k now and get be financed along with the car or is it just waste of money ..the dealer also mentioned if it and dont use it i will get cash back around 1k at the end of warranty.

i really dont know about volvo warranty if anyone has it and postive about it please let me know
7 replies
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
575 posts
241 upvotes
any other brand cars also about certified warranty experience please share your feedback
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2162 posts
693 upvotes
Unless someone here has a crystal ball, its almost impossible to tell whether it's gonna be worth it down the road. Even buying extended warranty on a used Corolla might get you ahead if you end up buying a previously abused unit with hidden damage.

When it comes to buying used European vehicles, I'd almost always factor in the cost of the lengthiest extended warranty as part of the purchase cost. If the total cost of the car and that warranty still fit within your budget, I'd say go for it.

Just look at this guy....

2014-bmw-435i-xdrive-extended-warranty-2477644/
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13084 posts
4693 upvotes
Ontario
I would wait until 2023 to buy extended. You dont know what will happen up until then, you may change your mind and want to get a new car? Or maybe you will have lots of issues where you want to get rid of it.
mattdominic wrote: Getting a certified volvo car from dealership but the warranty will expire end of 2023 i am planning to keep the car until 2025 atleast . Also thinking if it helps a resale value when i am selling shall i go ahead and cut a deal to extend it till 2025 it is costing extra 2k now and get be financed along with the car or is it just waste of money ..the dealer also mentioned if it and dont use it i will get cash back around 1k at the end of warranty.

i really dont know about volvo warranty if anyone has it and postive about it please let me know
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
575 posts
241 upvotes
sickcars wrote: I would wait until 2023 to buy extended. You dont know what will happen up until then, you may change your mind and want to get a new car? Or maybe you will have lots of issues where you want to get rid of it.
Thank you ya i think that's better option
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33181 posts
14978 upvotes
Extended warranty will not raise your resale value by even a dollar, lol. You can ask more based on that but no one is gonna pay it. It might help it sell faster later but that's about it.

Also yeah, it's a waste of money most of the time. Unless it's a particular model that has known expensive problems that are not avoidable or preventable with pre-emptive maintenance or repair, it's not gonna be worth it. Something like a vehicle known to have major transmission problems would probably be an example.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33181 posts
14978 upvotes
OT but LOL, "car has been babied by enthusiast"...has put on catless DP (which probably rendered most of that extended warranty void) :rolleyes: Yeah that sounds "babied" alright :lol: Also telling of the mods but not including them in the sale. I mean mods decrease resale as everyone should know but it's not the inclusion that does the decreasing in value, it's the fact that the car was modded to begin with. And at that point nickel & diming by removing such parts is even more stupid. Also who removes the cat on a car and then decides to sell it three months later? Something doesn't add up here.

But, what will help this guy sell this car of course is the insane used market right now. In normal times people would just laugh, lowball, or move on.
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
575 posts
241 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: OT but LOL, "car has been babied by enthusiast"...has put on catless DP (which probably rendered most of that extended warranty void) :rolleyes: Yeah that sounds "babied" alright :lol: Also telling of the mods but not including them in the sale. I mean mods decrease resale as everyone should know but it's not the inclusion that does the decreasing in value, it's the fact that the car was modded to begin with. And at that point nickel & diming by removing such parts is even more stupid. Also who removes the cat on a car and then decides to sell it three months later? Something doesn't add up here.

But, what will help this guy sell this car of course is the insane used market right now. In normal times people would just laugh, lowball, or move on.
i heard used car market is cooling down in USA not sure yet in canada mostly likely might start here as well soon