Volvo XC60 CPO Warranty

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 4:39 am
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
575 posts
241 upvotes

Volvo XC60 CPO Warranty

Getting a 2018 volvo xc60 which has certified preowned warranty till Jan 2024 included in the price or 160k which ever comes first .. the dealer is quoting 3500$ for getting it extended till Jan 2027 with 180k

i am confused weather sticking to original one till jan 2024 is better or getting till jan 2027 paying 3500 is better now ..based on my driving behavior there is no way i will touch 160k by jan 2024 i will be close to 100k

please advise but at the same time now i think 3500 is lot of money
5 replies
Sep 25, 2018
943 posts
1872 upvotes
You already asked this question and got answers. Why ask again? People told you to wait cause you have nothing to lose. But if you really want to buy now then just buy now.

Don't think 3500 is a lot of money to you. Especially if you think about how much it costs to fix even the simplest things.

Should have negotied the dealer to throw in extra warranty to sweeten the deal. I got extra 4yrs of comprehensive warranty with my used car.
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
575 posts
241 upvotes
AlicW93740 wrote: You already asked this question and got answers. Why ask again? People told you to wait cause you have nothing to lose. But if you really want to buy now then just buy now.

Don't think 3500 is a lot of money to you. Especially if you think about how much it costs to fix even the simplest things.

Should have negotied the dealer to throw in extra warranty to sweeten the deal. I got extra 4yrs of comprehensive warranty with my used car.
oh shoot i forgot i already asked its my bad ... one thing is dealer says it gets expensive if i want to add it later ..ya i am getting 3 years extra warranty we are taking about making it for 6 years which is like brand new warranty
Sep 25, 2018
943 posts
1872 upvotes
mattdominic wrote: oh shoot i forgot i already asked its my bad ... one thing is dealer says it gets expensive if i want to add it later ..ya i am getting 3 years extra warranty we are taking about making it for 6 years which is like brand new warranty
Depends on how long you want to keep the car. They always say that to make you buy now think later.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2358 posts
1825 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
mattdominic wrote: oh shoot i forgot i already asked its my bad ... one thing is dealer says it gets expensive if i want to add it later ..ya i am getting 3 years extra warranty we are taking about making it for 6 years which is like brand new warranty
Ensure you read through the pamphlet to verify what will and won’t be covered with the extended warranty. Not as generous as factory warranty with certain things.
Aug 4, 2004
634 posts
498 upvotes
It may cost you more later if they need to check/exam your car before they want to warranty your car in later day. Just ask if that's what they mean.

Some people want to put that amount to finance also.