Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Vonage offering Unlimited Pakistan Calling for $9.99 for 3 months :)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2013 8:53 am
36 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
It might be cheaper to just pay 7 cents per minute on PAYG at Dell Voice. (only if you call infrequently or don't take up half the day on the phone)

That's a LOT of calling btw. 3000 minutes.
Aug 3, 2006
764 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
I heard about it today too but I'll stick with Localphone.com for 2¢/min. iPhone and Android VoIP calling via Wi-Fi or Data plan, as well as dialing from landline as a calling card. Even assign a free local number that rings at overseas frequently called number (user programmable).
Dec 28, 2008
238 posts
12 upvotes
BoogieMan wrote: I heard about it today too but I'll stick with Localphone.com for 2¢/min. iPhone and Android VoIP calling via Wi-Fi or Data plan, as well as dialing from landline as a calling card. Even assign a free local number that rings at overseas frequently called number (user programmable).

Could you elaborate on this please? Any guides on this floating around?
The slavery of consumerism: makes you think you have an extra need & sells you something to fulfill it. The truth: you don't have that need.
Jun 30, 2010
603 posts
58 upvotes
Its actually included in those free 60 countries in vonage world plan. No need to pay extra.
Aug 3, 2006
764 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
erfans wrote: Could you elaborate on this please? Any guides on this floating around?
I have been using the service for over 3 years now. I have seen call rates to Pakistan fluctuate and they are the first ones to drop the price.

Its similar to the calling card service, with additional innovative features. You can assign 10 local numbers to ring overseas and add calling-from numbers to your profile. The system will know its you calling and will ring to your assigned number. The local number is shared amongst various users.

Visit Localphone.com ... they have all the info there. Its prepaid and I use the auto top up feature so it adds $10 to the balance whenever I drop below $5 in balance. I never have to visit the site! (Haven't been to the site in months and use the service regularly)
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
BoogieMan wrote: I heard about it today too but I'll stick with Localphone.com for 2¢/min. iPhone and Android VoIP calling via Wi-Fi or Data plan, as well as dialing from landline as a calling card. Even assign a free local number that rings at overseas frequently called number (user programmable).

Oooh thanks. Localphone does seem to have some really good rates. Thanks.
Jul 26, 2011
267 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
Did the price change? Saying $14.99 for 3 months now?
Oct 31, 2009
130 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know of any other service which offers unlimited to Pakistan... I hope they don't have same experience as Mobilicity :)
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
2339 posts
416 upvotes
Edmonton
Try G3telecom.com 4cents per minute. Have been using for over 5 yrs. Call from landline or cellphone. Excellent service.

I have FPL for phone service. Why pay for Vonage's phone service.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
nyliquidpk wrote: I don't know of any other service which offers unlimited to Pakistan... I hope they don't have same experience as Mobilicity :)

Curious as to what was mobilicity's experience?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1849 posts
1090 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Curious as to what was mobilicity's experience?

LOL they stopped it after the initial couple of months as there were people using it for HOURS/day :cheesygri

I would have signed up rightnow if the price didnt increase after the 1st 3 months
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2008
1352 posts
97 upvotes
The cheapest rate I've seen is from Pidipompi.com, 1cent / minute. But they charge 2.99 or something as service charge...
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1921 posts
214 upvotes
I use pidi pompi. thats cheap too
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1849 posts
1090 upvotes
yup those extra charges threw me off.

Im using magic jack(sent 1 to Pakistan) and its free calling for $20/year :D
Sep 26, 2009
304 posts
103 upvotes
Stittsville
I use talktt.com and pay 1.6c/minute to pakistan.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1849 posts
1090 upvotes
kaka55 wrote: I use talktt.com and pay 1.6c/minute to pakistan.

hows the call quality? and what is the setup/additional charges?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6055 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
BoogieMan wrote: I have been using the service for over 3 years now. I have seen call rates to Pakistan fluctuate and they are the first ones to drop the price.

Its similar to the calling card service, with additional innovative features. You can assign 10 local numbers to ring overseas and add calling-from numbers to your profile. The system will know its you calling and will ring to your assigned number. The local number is shared amongst various users.

Visit Localphone.com ... they have all the info there. Its prepaid and I use the auto top up feature so it adds $10 to the balance whenever I drop below $5 in balance. I never have to visit the site! (Haven't been to the site in months and use the service regularly)

Any idea if localphone works with Freephoneline or other similar services?
polypep wrote: Try G3telecom.com 4cents per minute. Have been using for over 5 yrs. Call from landline or cellphone. Excellent service.

I have FPL for phone service. Why pay for Vonage's phone service.

Does G3 telecom work with FPL?
fizz1234 wrote: Cheapest rates I have found so far:

Http://ring123pinless.com
Pakistan:2cents/min

https://www.nueratel.com/nueratel/Forms ... _Home.aspx

call them and ask for special of 1cent/min to Pakistan, but they have an initial $39 deposit that you use to make calls + 200 mins($2) free for each month.
kaka55 wrote: I use talktt.com and pay 1.6c/minute to pakistan.

Seems like ring123pinless, talktt, pidipompi are all access number type call solutions that would work with any type of phone line?
Sep 26, 2009
304 posts
103 upvotes
Stittsville
fizz1234 wrote: hows the call quality? and what is the setup/additional charges?

I have had no issues with call quality. Though sometimes I get this message once I dial "Apka balance khtam hogya hay", it seems like they use some service that needs to be recharged in pakistan and I get this message but after trying for couple of times i get through. Sign Up (free), then add money to your account via paypal. Setup your VOIP adaptor to connect to their server using the credentials they provide.