Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Voxelab Aquila 3D Printer (Ender 3 v2 "Clone") - ~$224CAD no tax

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2022 3:34 pm
Jul 26, 2014
75 posts
22 upvotes
Brampton, ON
is there any accessories I should purchase along with the printer, and what filament do you guys recommend.
[OP]
Jan 31, 2004
444 posts
380 upvotes
PavenD wrote: is there any accessories I should purchase along with the printer, and what filament do you guys recommend.
First upgrades I plan to make:
  1. Stiffer bed springs.
  2. Aluminum extruder assembly
  3. I still have to check with the Aquila but with my ender, I upgrade the pneumatic fittings to ones that had metal teeth.
I haven't bought it yet, but this looks like it has everything you would need.

https://www.amazon.ca/Finderomend-Creal ... 13&sr=8-36
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2632 posts
1627 upvotes
Markham
PavenD wrote: is there any accessories I should purchase along with the printer, and what filament do you guys recommend.
i would recommend printing first 3 rolls of PLA first before thinking of any upgrades.. by then.. i think you can come up with your own answers...
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1677 posts
4920 upvotes
Montreal
asd913 wrote: No consumer-grade ender has auto bed levelling. Neither does the Aquila. Auto bed levelling is a nice-to-have and a great upgrade hobbyists do when they get to understand the impact of proper bed levelling.

The real reason I would not want the ender 3 is that it does not come with silent stepper drivers (which come standard in the Ender 3 v2 and the Aquila). That means every movement of the motor is pretty loud. Also, the Ender 3 v2 and the Aquila come with 32-bit boards vs the Ender 3's 8-bit boards. That is important (but not essential) when you start looking to do ABL.
The Creality CR-6 has Auto Bed Leveling.
They made a kickstarter back when they introduced it.
Main difference with the CR6 and the Ender 3: Tool storage, silent motors, touch screen, auto bed leveling, slightly larger build plate, glass plate, fewer assembly steps, filament runout, adjustment knobs, 32-bit board.
450$ with coupon on Amazon. Reference cheapest early bird kickstarter came to about 445$.

https://www.amazon.ca/Creality-Leveling ... B08GLH4WFG
https://www.creality3dofficial.com/prod ... 3d-printer
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12265 posts
6058 upvotes
Out of stock?
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Feb 4, 2010
171 posts
91 upvotes
Edmonton
Ender3 now 32 bit.
asd913 wrote: vs the Ender 3's 8-bit boards.
I bought an Ender3 ( not the pro, not v2 ) on a recent "Ender3X" deal and it came with a 32bit board.
From what I've read they quit using 8 bit boards near the start of 2021 so you should be pretty sure you'll get a 32bit board buying new now.

I still got the "loud" stepper drivers.. although I consider them pretty quiet. The quiet ones must be completely silent!

RE: bed levelling: Don't worry about bed leveling...that's easy. Upgrade the firmware so that you have the micro-stepping tuning option and adjust down at the start of printing so it squishes the first layer to the glass bed. It goes from no stick to "freezer to unstick"!
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4282 posts
1814 upvotes
Scarborough
Is there a printer that can use a pen or marker to draw or write something? Something other than the Cricut printer.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2632 posts
1627 upvotes
Markham
OrangeBerry wrote: Is there a printer that can use a pen or marker to draw or write something? Something other than the Cricut printer.
yes there is an adapter that you can print from thingiverse to mount a sharpie
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1485 posts
1285 upvotes
Vancouver
TravelJ wrote: RE: bed levelling: Don't worry about bed leveling...that's easy. Upgrade the firmware so that you have the micro-stepping tuning option and adjust down at the start of printing so it squishes the first layer to the glass bed. It goes from no stick to "freezer to unstick"!
?
bed levelling is primary x/y slant where the entire bed is not parallel to the printing plane. I think you're referring to nozzle height.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1510 posts
1266 upvotes
Durham Region
asd913 wrote: PLA doesn't smell and is safe to be around
Honestly not enough research has gone into this to conclusively say that’s its safe. PLA can smell.
I always recommend building enclosure with ventilation
Mar 17, 2006
237 posts
316 upvotes
Aero wrote: Did you get yours from there?

I tried to get one and it's charging $145 shipping

Product amount: C$239.00
Freight charge: C$145.00
Add up to: C$384.00
No, I got it from the OP link, but they ran out of stock on that link. Didn't charge freight for me. Was just $179 USD all-in.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2775 posts
1924 upvotes
London
asd913 wrote:
First upgrades I plan to make:
[*]Stiffer bed springs.
That's the only thing I would immediately do, simply because you may as well do so during assembly.
That said, I used my Ender3 for a couple of years without swapping them out.
I had them on hand, but the original were doing just fine.

Other things are on an "as required" basis.
High on the list may be filament guides.
The original extruder will last a while before replacement is required.
a_dee wrote: ?
bed levelling is primary x/y slant where the entire bed is not parallel to the printing plane. I think you're referring to nozzle height.
Both are wrapped into the colloquial term "leveling".
People usually refer to leveling as as proper nozzle height everywhere on the print.
Jul 18, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Back in stock, 28 left.
Got one this morning thanks OP.
Jan 24, 2013
21 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
mudpickle wrote: ... comment on how a 3D printer changed their lives it will push me over the edge. Also, is there anything else I should buy along with it? What filament to start out with? ...
A 3d printer is a hobby unto itself, but it's strength is that it compliments existing hobbies, imho.

filaments.ca is my goto store
Dec 5, 2010
39 posts
21 upvotes
Courtenay
Placed my order this AM, thanks OP.

At 7:40 BC time there were 26 left before placing my order. $223.29 CAD after using the $3 gift Paypal sent a few weeks back. We'll see if any further BC taxes or what not are added at the time of delivery.

This will be quite the jump up from my little Tronxy X1 which has served me great with very nice prints (once tweaked and all dialed in).