Feb 27, 2007
542 posts
212 upvotes
Montreal

VOXOX - Free SMS and Long Distance/International/Collect Calls

Deal Link:
VOXOX
Free sign up bonus: $1
Free monthly top-up on signup date: TO $1* (Promotion expiry: unknown)
Free call forwarding to Canada/US landlines/mobiles, choice of sequential or simultaneous ringing up to 5 phones (Promotion expiry: unknown)

Free VOXOX to VOXOX calls/SMS
Free US DID#
Free iNum#

Need valid # to receive SMS verification to open account. iPhone/Android/PC version available.

Pros:
- iNum allow overseas friends to use their local access#, inum-free-sms-ld-overseas-collect-calls-1521009/
- Free call forwarding(to US/Canada only) allow receiving calls via landlines/mobiles,
- Call Connect via SMS(=Call Back), i.e. SMS specific VOXOX #, then system will call your destination and you.

Cons:
- can only receive iNum calls, not yet allow out going iNum call,
- no SIP URL/settings provided**.

Excellent customer service. If there's any problem, e.g. SMS verification or no automatic monthly topup, send email via the "Support" button on their home page or here http://www.voxox.com/help. If interested, can get more involved in the VOXOX community at https://getsatisfaction.com/voxox

Rates are reasonable. Outcall to US/Canada at $0.01/minute, SMS $0.01 each; overseas where I call are $0.02/minute, SMS $0.02 each. With the currently monthly topup TO $1, more than sufficient for all my needs.

* Monthly topup promotion: TO $1, not adding $1. e.g. u used $0.1 during the month, your balance will change from $0.9 to $1 on your sign up date the next month. If u used all $1, your balance will change from $0 to $1.

** my work around solution for SIP:
- call forward VOXOX # to CallCentric US DID,
- answer VOXOX calls with CallCentric SIP settings on ATA or SIP dialer (mine is an old one on iOS3)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)