VPN Special Private Internet Access -$59US - 2 yrs

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2017 11:26 am
45 replies
Nov 1, 2015
748 posts
697 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
I use PIA and am really happy. Good speeds but I'm not sure about latency.
[OP]
Oct 8, 2006
518 posts
297 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
I have used for the past 3-4 years....very pleased with speed....customer support was also first class for my issue
Feb 11, 2012
81 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
They are good worth the purchase. works with everything.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
2104 posts
1449 upvotes
bjwong wrote: They are good worth the purchase. works with everything.
Last I heard Netflix was a no go.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5372 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
peli33 wrote: Last I heard Netflix was a no go.
you are correct and this is the usual sale price (which happens often).
Jan 4, 2014
891 posts
292 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I've used them for a year. Customer support was terrible, my speeds using it are a tenth of my regular speeds, but I'm locked in, so yeah lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2734 posts
1996 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ahumanbeing wrote: I've used them for a year. Customer support was terrible, my speeds using it are a tenth of my regular speeds, but I'm locked in, so yeah lol.
That's meaningless without knowing how you're using it. Use it on a low-powered PC and go through a server on the other side of the planet, it's going to be very slow. Use it on a high-powered PC and go through a nearby server, it's not bad at all. My torrent app runs in a jail on my NAS and goes through the Toronto server via OpenVPN and it does about 90% of my bandwidth, which is way more than good enough, especially since downloads run overnight. Anything that doesn't complete by morning is just badly seeded.
Nov 25, 2010
328 posts
176 upvotes
Definitely not good for Netflix but great for nhl game center. Speed is pretty good when using Canadian servers. They say they don't block torrents, they also offer a socks 5 proxy for that type of stuff.... It's Super fast, I've heard. Downside is their Android app drains battery like crazy.
Aug 22, 2005
187 posts
114 upvotes
On my 2nd year, very happy with their services, very low latency with my configuration (Some playing around and testing with different servers may be required) My primary use is for downloading on a low powered raspberry pi nas server.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1469 posts
496 upvotes
Montreal
thank you! my PIA is expiring in 2 days, great timing :)
i just finished my third year with PIA...great service and speeds