Tags:
[OP]
Nov 28, 2015
61 posts
19 upvotes
Quebec city, QC

VPN for streaming

Hey guys,

Can you please give me advise on a VPN for streaming (netflix, prime, disney) ?

Mainly to watch shows in Spanish (Mexico) that I cannot get locally. I see that Express VPN seems to be the number 1 choice but a bit pricey for my needs.

I have a 20Mbps and use a nvidia shield tv.

cheers !!

(looked in the search but could not find anything more or less recent)
10 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1432 posts
1009 upvotes
Montreal, QC
diablomexqc wrote:
Can you please give me advise on a VPN for streaming (netflix, prime, disney) ?

Mainly to watch shows in Spanish (Mexico) that I cannot get locally. I see that Express VPN seems to be the number 1 choice but a bit pricey for my needs.

I have a 20Mbps and use a nvidia shield tv.

cheers !!

(looked in the search but could not find anything more or less recent)
Don't go with PrivateInternetAccess if watching other country's Netflix is important to you.

I use PrivateInternetAccess and I disable it from working when I'm streaming Netflix. I use it for a few other geo-restricted websites and rarely have any issues. Some apps are hit & miss (i.e. they will work sometimes and not other times) such as Bell's FibeTV app or CraveTV where it sometimes works and other times doesn't work (even when selecting a Canadian VPN server).

I've had some issues with some websites and PrivateInternetAccess (i.e. the webpage will either not work/open or the website won't accept my login). When this happens, I just turn on the snooze to either visit the website or log into the website. The websites that sometimes gives me issues with PrivateInternetAccess are Fitbit, Yelp, Creditkarma, and sometimes even RedFlagDeals. I think this happens when PrivateInternetAccess gives me an IP address which is blacklisted on their system.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3153 posts
2049 upvotes
mystery wrote: Surfshark is one of the cheapest and I have been a happy user of it for the past year. I watch US Netflix US Amazon Prime, and Hulu.
do you need a usa prime account to watch it or just a canadian one?
Oct 12, 2014
828 posts
350 upvotes
London, ON
mystery wrote: Surfshark is one of the cheapest and I have been a happy user of it for the past year. I watch US Netflix US Amazon Prime, and Hulu.
Surfshark also has 26% cash back at GCR
Public Mobile
$38 month
5GB Data
Unlimited international texting
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1677 posts
328 upvotes
BC
I also use SurfShark. Its great for Streaming. But I find that Netflix seems to target these popular VPNs and I have to jump from city to city. Plus its terrible at torrenting or maybe my settings are poor.
"If you ever doubted yourself, remember, the Stupidest Man on earth became President" Li Ka Shing
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12289 posts
3437 upvotes
look for a vpn unlimited lifetime sub

its like $18 bucks
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
10330 posts
2702 upvotes
Winnipeg
agree with above its just for regionfree. keepsolid was on sale for unlimited,5 devices for 11 and fastestvpn was 20 for 15 devices.