Free mama burger A& W app ymmv

Price:
Free
Expiry:
July 20, 2020
Retailer:
a&w
Got this email

We just thought we’d share some love—so here’s an app-warming gift. Enjoy a free Mama Burger with the A&W mobile app by July 20, 2020. Just add the item to your mobile order and enter this promo code at checkout:

MAMA3289
31 replies
Aug 20, 2018
387 posts
413 upvotes
Looks like you definitely need to have received the email, for those wondering – I got “Sorry, this promo is not assigned to your account.”
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16852 posts
32970 upvotes
Scarborough
thebigkielbasa wrote: Looks like you definitely need to have received the email, for those wondering – I got “Sorry, this promo is not assigned to your account.”
Got the same message on my account. I wonder who they decided to target with this promo?
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Jun 26, 2013
33 posts
20 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: Got the same message on my account. I wonder who they decided to target with this promo?
Doesn't work for me either....must be targeted using email
Mar 6, 2013
326 posts
252 upvotes
Saint John, NB
Thanks OP. I just checked and I got the email too. I will give this a try today for lunch.

Edit: just picked this up in the drive through no problems. I added cheese to the burger and fries and a coke. It came to just over $5 taxes in.
Last edited by nlevatt on Jul 8th, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2018
1392 posts
1369 upvotes
Targeted cause last week the code was MAMA2289
Oct 14, 2015
28 posts
8 upvotes
BURNABY
Probably so the RFD effect doesn't happen where everyone goes all at once.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1472 posts
1748 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got the email. Thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7496 posts
4101 upvotes
Toronto
For the people who got it, had you ever made a purchase or no?
Jul 29, 2007
769 posts
481 upvotes
Pacific Northwest
Yay!! I got the email! Note, I got it on an account that did NOT have any orders, nor did I install the app with this email registered.
I have another account I registered with the app but that account did NOT receive the email. So, they're targeting "new" app users.
It's great to get people to use their app and do more online orders, they're just trying to gain more momentum during this lock down.
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money!
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1472 posts
1748 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Saltywetguy wrote: Yay!! I got the email! Note, I got it on an account that did NOT have any orders, nor did I install the app with this email registered.
I have another account I registered with the app but that account did NOT receive the email. So, they're targeting "new" app users.
It's great to get people to use their app and do more online orders, they're just trying to gain more momentum during this lock down.
I got the email on an account that was registered with their app but hadn't placed any orders. So maybe they're targeting any account that hasn't ordered yet, whether they've installed the app or not?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3664 posts
1436 upvotes
Montreal
didn't get any email... I punch in the code and worked! free burger for supper Thx OP!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3664 posts
1436 upvotes
Montreal
fightbriz wrote: For the people who got it, had you ever made a purchase or no?
nope never
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
1745 posts
1230 upvotes
Got the email but it keeps telling me that the code is expired. Makes no sense.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2020
1047 posts
1088 upvotes
Checked my email on a longtime account..
"Free hashbrown with any egger to July 19th" ... :( lol
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1472 posts
1748 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ahammad wrote: Got the email but it keeps telling me that the code is expired. Makes no sense.
Tried redeeming it today and got the same error even though I received the email too.

"We're sorry, this promo code is now expired." :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1130 posts
1332 upvotes
Kitchener
Their app is rather unpopular, only 100k downloads on gp and a sub 4 rating..

Yet they already think they are big enough to start doing limited targeted promotions?

They need to be doing "doownload the app now get free a&W!!!" to get a userbase.. Then maybe after they get a reasonable size userbase they could do this kind of thing.

Super fail marketing.