• Oct 16th, 2019 11:33 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
9230 posts
12084 upvotes
GT-EH
jane12883 wrote: Since Shell just killed its 10% off deal, the timing is pretty good too. Not as good for sure as the Shell deal, but it seems it's getting harder and harder to find good gas discount hacks. I used to do the Canadian Tire GC 10% off, but haven't seen that in ages.
Eaglesfan99 wrote: The shell deal is over
Damn, I didn't know the shell deal was already over?!?! :facepalm: ... thanks for posting!
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Apr 1, 2007
43 posts
22 upvotes
xx1what wrote: GCR is showing 8% on 'everything else'.
It doesn't have this language.

Anyone have previous experience on this working?
I saw that as well. However, in the fine print on the WagJag site for the deal it says 'Not valid with any affiliate/cash back offers' so I think it would be hard to make the case that GCR should pay out. I still have about 900l of 10c left from the last deal where WagJag retroactively tried to exclude the esso cards from cashback and there was no extra charge for the fuel savings card. If I could get the 8% back from GCR I would be all over this, but I don't think it is worth it at this point for me.
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
14395 posts
2898 upvotes
Toronto
Why not just take advantage of the Shell promo instead: https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/autom ... r-30-2019/

You don't have to pay upfront and the discounts are about the same? What am I missing here with the exception of brand preference?
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Oct 8, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
Good Deal. Last time I stacked up with Wagjag 15% discount (entire site 24 hours deal). So, wait and watch wagjag has this kind of discount going on frequently.
Oct 28, 2005
481 posts
397 upvotes
Wagjag promo code 15THANKS19 doesn't seem to work if you try to buy the same deal again.
Apr 25, 2012
983 posts
341 upvotes
this is a great deal for those that need to buy gas. i'm not buying this to save xx%. i'm buying this for the 600L 10c off and if i need to buy a $300 gas card with it - why not. i don't have any loyalty to any particular gas station - whichever gives me discount will get my money.
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Mar 31, 2005
992 posts
354 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: that's pretty good
if you are Telus customer, you also get a $10 rebate.
I stopped buying wagjag after they stopped the Telus $10 offer...
Is it working again?
Jul 26, 2011
508 posts
520 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Solid deal. Combine this with the GasBuddy app and you can gas for less than Costco consistently.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6479 posts
2347 upvotes
Montreal
values99club wrote: I stopped buying wagjag after they stopped the Telus $10 offer...
Is it working again?
I created my account last year, not even with Telus anymore, and the cart shows $305 instead of $315.
Feb 26, 2010
257 posts
277 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Madevilz wrote: I created my account last year, not even with Telus anymore, and the cart shows $305 instead of $315.
How does this Telus discount work?
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1068 posts
532 upvotes
Vancouver
jane12883 wrote: Since Shell just killed its 10% off deal, the timing is pretty good too. Not as good for sure as the Shell deal, but it seems it's getting harder and harder to find good gas discount hacks. I used to do the Canadian Tire GC 10% off, but haven't seen that in ages.
Shell didn't kill it, rfders did! ( Apparently people were stealing gift cards of larger than denominations from other stores and trying to activate with shell , when they got wind of it they shut down their gift card activation system and decided to cancel the promotion this was happening all over Canada according to the dude at the local station )

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)