412 upvotes
Toronto

Wahoo Fitness end of tour sale, up to 20% off

Deal Link:
Expiry:
July 21, 2021
Retailer:
Wahoo
Good opportunity to pick up a smart trainer at below retail prices. Other items on sale include various sensors, HRM, accessories, and even the newly released Speedplay pedals.
50 replies
Jul 30, 2010
278 posts
88 upvotes
Woodbridge
I never bought anything like this before, but this seems insane. $650 for pedals before discount. what
Feb 28, 2011
629 posts
1402 upvotes
ottawa
mark_98 wrote: I never bought anything like this before, but this seems insane. $650 for pedals before discount. what
Have you ever checked out real bike shops? How about bikes for $5-$10K or more?
Aug 12, 2011
236 posts
122 upvotes
NORTH YORK
their warranty is also top notch so i wouldn't worry about buying refurbished.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2222 posts
1516 upvotes
If youre ever on the fence on getting a smart trainer GET ONE NOW especially when it's on sale. These things fly off the shelves during winter with little chance of a discount (well, you can, but you may be looking at December to find any deals)

I have a Kickr Core which has been problem free for 2 winters now. Got 20% off as I chased a BF deal pre-pandemic but ffwd 3mos after that there were no trainers to be found
Last edited by Biscayne05 on Jul 20th, 2021 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1436 posts
382 upvotes
Would this work with Peloton on the Apple TV?
Feb 28, 2011
629 posts
1402 upvotes
ottawa
tatung wrote: Would this work with Peloton on the Apple TV?
No, these are for racing type workouts like Zwift etc.
If you want peloton then, check out echelon EX3, Ex4s… these are cheapest smart bike you can buy now and they are priced down now starting from $999 at bestbuy or $1099 at Costco. You can go cheaper but, they will not have auto resistance therefore, no smart functions.
For Apple plus workouts you don’t need auto resistance so, any cheap bike with magnetic resistance like Echelon sport will work.
But, IMHO automatic resistance worth the premium.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2086 posts
496 upvotes
I keep thinking about updating my Kickr V1 to a Kickr Core just so its quieter, but it's been flawless for me.

Great deal if you think you'll do bike training over the winter.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21101 posts
4004 upvotes
YUL
mark_98 wrote: I never bought anything like this before, but this seems insane. $650 for pedals before discount. what
To someone spending $5k+ on a bike, $300 on shoes, it's not much in the grand scheme of things, depending on how into cycling they are. Plus, cycling is an investment in your health. Of course, you don't NEED all this stuff, but like any hobby, some people go all out.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1436 posts
382 upvotes
gena_mak wrote: No, these are for racing type workouts like Zwift etc.
If you want peloton then, check out echelon EX3, Ex4s… these are cheapest smart bike you can buy now and they are priced down now starting from $999 at bestbuy or $1099 at Costco. You can go cheaper but, they will not have auto resistance therefore, no smart functions.
For Apple plus workouts you don’t need auto resistance so, any cheap bike with magnetic resistance like Echelon sport will work.
But, IMHO automatic resistance worth the premium.

Looks like it does work with Peloton on iOS.
Works with 50+ Smartphone Apps including Wahoo Fitness, Zwift, Trainerroad, Sufferfest, MapMyRide, Komoot, RideWithGPS, Cyclemeter, Peloton (iOS only), Rouvy, Fulgaz, Kinomap
I already have a bike so I'm not looking for a new bike, just a sensor to get my cadence in the Peloton app.
Sep 5, 2008
840 posts
847 upvotes
Port Moody
I wanted to buy a heartrate monitor... but $25 for shipping? That shit cray.
Nov 7, 2018
186 posts
235 upvotes
Ottawa
I have been eyeballing the speedplay pedals for a long time. Saw this sale two days ago.
Nano or aero would be nice but I can think of better ways to spend $300+ on my bike.

But damn. $50-$130 off speedplay is hard to pass up.
Sep 13, 2006
128 posts
93 upvotes
"I don't know what this is, but I have an opinion on it anyway."
Mar 7, 2011
486 posts
654 upvotes
I just got a treadmill. Any recommendations for heart rate monitor?
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3250 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
tatung wrote: Would this work with Peloton on the Apple TV?
Not a direct answer but my Wahoo Tickr heartrate monitor works with both my peloton bike (previous gen) and apple watch (separately of course)
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3250 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
yashgandhi wrote: I just got a treadmill. Any recommendations for heart rate monitor?
Been quite happy with the Tickr
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10464 posts
3095 upvotes
which smart bikes should i focus on for seamless scenic rides with auto resistance during the ride?
Aug 21, 2011
283 posts
37 upvotes
Would the "RPM CYCLING SENSOR BUNDLE" be the easiest way to turn my apple watch into a bike computer?

I'm just getting back into cycling after about 10 years and I'm looking at simple ways to make my rides better.
Feb 28, 2011
629 posts
1402 upvotes
ottawa
tatung wrote: Looks like it does work with Peloton on iOS.

I already have a bike so I'm not looking for a new bike, just a sensor to get my cadence in the Peloton app.
Perhaps it works for peloton technically but, doing peloton workouts requires very stable bike which is by definition a stationary bike. If you will install your road or mountain bike on this trainer and doing fiit workouts or some other workouts that require a lot of movement this will not be a best use of these trainers. They are aimed mainly for road races.

But, if you do wish to workout on these and peloton it’s up to you.

This is my personal experience, I was using my echelon Ex4s for echelon/peloton workouts. I can’t imagine using my road bike for peloton type workouts. This would destroy it quickly even though I am not that heavy. :)

In the end, I switched to Zwift with my echelon bike and QZ app and I like it a lot more than, peloton simply because I am a road cyclist and I don’t care for peloton types workouts with shouting and jumping and lifting weights... I am thinking to buy wahoo kickr.
Last edited by gena_mak on Jul 20th, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 27, 2007
5507 posts
1955 upvotes
yashgandhi wrote: I just got a treadmill. Any recommendations for heart rate monitor?
Polar H10
AMZN link
I read Wahoo and Garmin have connectivity issues
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat.
But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat 😃
In Fed We Trust - Make ES Limit Down Great Again!