2767 posts
538 upvotes
Ottawa

Wahoo Kickr Reconditioned - $999USD

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Wahoo
This is pretty hot considering bike trainers are very hard to find in stock nowadays.

It cost $50USD for shipping from the US.

This is a previous generation model, the new one was released this year and retails for $1799CAD.

After taxes, shipping, currency exchange and credit card fees (2.5%), it cost me $1580CAD.
Last edited by dux on Oct 30th, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
24 replies
Dec 20, 2018
222 posts
347 upvotes
If you want to take a bigger risk you could check out Magene or even more risk Thinkrider. Far cheaper than Wahoo. Magene even came out with a feature (don't remember which) that Wahoo later adopted.

Looking at how expensive zwift etc. are, there seems to be a cheaper alternative called onelap.
Oct 28, 2018
18 posts
16 upvotes
Last year and year before they had $200-$300 off during black Friday/cyber Monday for their reconditioned trainers. If you're not in a rush you can wait and see if there'll be a deal again this year.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2767 posts
538 upvotes
Ottawa
kenderu wrote: Last year and year before they had $200-$300 off during black Friday/cyber Monday for their reconditioned trainers. If you're not in a rush you can wait and see if there'll be a deal again this year.
There was also no pandemic last year, most stores are sold out this year. You can’t find stock anywhere in Canada
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5962 posts
2391 upvotes
Canuckland
It’s a great deal if you can afford it! But definitely not for everyone cycling indoors. Some people will barely use it
Jan 22, 2015
366 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The people who talk these up in Paleton posts must be losing their minds on this deal.
Apr 29, 2015
176 posts
184 upvotes
Kanata, ON
This isn’t a bad deal. Just a clarification (I just bought a Kickr core at MEC .)
Stores may not have *stock on hand*, but they have LOTS coming. For example MEC has none at their warehouse but they have many large orders coming (as per their cust service). They aren’t selling them before they arrive so you need to check- but I just bought one this week. Same goes for my local bike shops (and some are even taking deposits).
Jul 7, 2005
245 posts
22 upvotes
This is a US based site so price is in US dollars
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1102 posts
365 upvotes
Montreal
dux wrote: There was also no pandemic last year, most stores are sold out this year. You can’t find stock anywhere in Canada
MEC.ca had 12 in stock when I checked yesterday, which was surprising. But yeah, sold out almost everywhere.

Edit: looks like MEC is sold out now too! Crazy.
Sep 9, 2012
235 posts
181 upvotes
Ottawa
Can someone that know more about trainers inform me what the difference is between this and say a Concept2 bikeerg or a peloton? Just looking to get a machine for cardio.
Jun 9, 2019
143 posts
186 upvotes
Have one, absolutely love it. Using this in combination makes cardio enjoyable.
Jun 9, 2019
143 posts
186 upvotes
sliu070 wrote: Can someone that know more about trainers inform me what the difference is between this and say a Concept2 bikeerg or a peloton? Just looking to get a machine for cardio.
Those are stationary bikes, this one you need to hook your bike into it. I prefer using a system like this because I want to train my cardio and mind for the bike I ride outdoors.
Apr 21, 2020
79 posts
43 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
for alternative option to the wahoo, ELITE sells a pretty good trainer too imo, currently use one. $1099, was on sale for $999 couple months back.

Elite Suito
Nov 7, 2016
12 posts
6 upvotes
vado66 wrote: Those are stationary bikes, this one you need to hook your bike into it. I prefer using a system like this because I want to train my cardio and mind for the bike I ride outdoors.
Just to add, the concept2 bike erg or peleton won't pair and automatically adjust resistance for you. The Kickr will take where you are in the game and if you're going up a hill or drafting behind somebody, it will make it harder or easier to simulate real life.

You could theoretically get a concept2 bike erg or peleton to feed it information with a power or cadence sensor on the pedals so your avatar would move forwards, but you would have to guestimate the grade and adjust manually on the go. Takes the fun out of the game imho