Computers & Electronics

Wait until Boxing Day for computer components?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2019 5:36 pm
[OP]
Nov 22, 2019
85 posts
84 upvotes
MB

Wait until Boxing Day for computer components?

Hello,

I am wanting to buy computer parts to build a gaming PC. Unfortunately, I missed the Black Friday to buy the parts. I am using the system builder from pcpartpicker.com and also will be using shopbot,ca to canvass prices of each part.

Should I generally wait for the Boxing day or the upcoming holiday deal week to try and save money for buying these parts?

I read the Black Friday is the best time to buy these parts, and otherwise, just buy them when you have the money. Will Boxing day make a difference in my savings?

I hope my English is fine. Please advise, thank you <3
5 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33304 posts
7003 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
juantootree4 wrote: Should I generally wait for the Boxing day or the upcoming holiday deal week to try and save money for buying these parts?

I read the Black Friday is the best time to buy these parts, and otherwise, just buy them when you have the money. Will Boxing day make a difference in my savings?
Boxing Day is 2 weeks away. Can’t hurt to wait two more weeks
Nov 23, 2008
350 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
Boxing day is probably your best bet, but it also depends on how flexible you are regarding your components. Whether you're looking to build this PC soon, or if it's more of a long-term thing also factors in.

For now, unless you're really set on your components, try to find substitutes you'd be okay with, in case those happen to go on sale instead of the parts you want.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12934 posts
2225 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I wouldn't say to wait specifically until Boxing Day. If a hot deal comes up before then, buy it. You can leave it unopened until you see the Boxing Week deals, then buy (again) if the price is lower and return the higher price item.

BTW, your English is better than most people's here. Paragraphs and commas! (Not to suggest that the previous replies were bad, but RFD in general :) .)
Sep 24, 2017
169 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver
They all make valid points about purchasing components sooner or during Boxing Day. After the Boxing Day , it is hard to tell what will be happening to pc component prices since they are not exempted from tariff. Unlike laptop and smartphone which escaped tariff on December 15, these individual pc components have already been slapped on 10 to 25% tariff.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13712 posts
3766 upvotes
Scarberia
wasn't too many good computer parts deals on bf! hopefully bd is better, it can't be worse lol...just buy when its on sale or hot deal on rfd year round is the better way to look for it. course u gotta be on rfd all the time like i am!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>