Students

Waitlisted at ryerson for nursing

[OP]
Feb 24, 2012
226 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Waitlisted at ryerson for nursing

I applied for Ryersons nursing program this year and got waitlisted a few weeks ago. Is this pretty much the end of the road for me if i havent heard back by now? I have an offer at georgebrown which requires a deposit of $500 dollers due june 17 and i really dont know what to do as if i pay that $500 and later get called at Ryerson then i will lose $500. I was quite shocked to even get waitlisted as my top 6 average is pretty high at around 95-96. Has anyone on here been waitlisted at ryerson for nursing and received an acceptance still?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
2893 posts
1604 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't know the specifics of Nursing at Ryerson but certainly people do cancel their spots over the summer, Your future is certainly worth wasting $500 so I don't know why you wouldn't lock down the George Brown offer unless you would turn that down if it ends up as your only offer. (If the George Brown offer is also nursing this seems crazy. If not could be worth waiting another year for nursing)
Jan 1, 2015
796 posts
734 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Doesn't Ryerson have a nursing collab with George Brown? What's stopping you from transferring to Ryerson after 1 year of GBC?

If anything, $500 is peanuts for something like this.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17876 posts
15323 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
End of August now
So the June Deposit Deadline is long past

School is less than 2 weeks away
OP would love to hear an update on how it all turned out for you
Did you get into Ryerson as you wished ?