Real Estate

"Walkable downtown" areas somewhat near the GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 7:26 pm
Tags:
Jun 13, 2009
671 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
Kleinburg has not been mentioned, and is an absolute gem..I don't know what the comps are today, but I would highly recommend taking a look in or around the historic town.

I also agree with the poster who suggested south Etobicoke. Lots of great areas south of eglinton, along Royal York. If you can afford the homes around bloor, I say go for it.
Dec 12, 2011
121 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
^Thank you. People are suggesting all these areas that are outside of Toronto but with a budget of 1.5M you can actually buy a nice house in Toronto in a good neighbourhood, with a decent sized yard. Leave all these far ass suburbs and exurbs to those who have no other option but to buy far away. I've followed house prices in Vaughan (where I grew up) and south sauga (where a few our friends bought) and the appreciation doesnt compare to how much our house went up just in the last year alone. And we didnt buy strictly for appreciation, I drive downtown every day and it only takes me 20 to 30 minutes on the gardner. South etobicoke in my opinion is Toronto's best kept secret.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1049 posts
492 upvotes
The best access to some of the most mature parks in the GTA too.

clydelee2020 wrote: ^Thank you. People are suggesting all these areas that are outside of Toronto but with a budget of 1.5M you can actually buy a nice house in Toronto in a good neighbourhood, with a decent sized yard. Leave all these far ass suburbs and exurbs to those who have no other option but to buy far away. I've followed house prices in Vaughan (where I grew up) and south sauga (where a few our friends bought) and the appreciation doesnt compare to how much our house went up just in the last year alone. And we didnt buy strictly for appreciation, I drive downtown every day and it only takes me 20 to 30 minutes on the gardner. South etobicoke in my opinion is Toronto's best kept secret.
Oct 30, 2017
127 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
clydelee2020 wrote: ^Thank you. People are suggesting all these areas that are outside of Toronto but with a budget of 1.5M you can actually buy a nice house in Toronto in a good neighbourhood, with a decent sized yard. Leave all these far ass suburbs and exurbs to those who have no other option but to buy far away. I've followed house prices in Vaughan (where I grew up) and south sauga (where a few our friends bought) and the appreciation doesnt compare to how much our house went up just in the last year alone. And we didnt buy strictly for appreciation, I drive downtown every day and it only takes me 20 to 30 minutes on the gardner. South etobicoke in my opinion is Toronto's best kept secret.
Show me where you can buy a decent house for 1.5m in south Etobicoke. For that price you're going to get a shack.