• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2016 5:11 pm
[OP]
Sep 9, 2016
26 posts
3 upvotes

Wallmart credit card

I applied in the store for wallmart credit but they told me I have to call to confirm my identity .however , does applying in thr store already affected my credit score even without taking the card nor confirming my identify. As I am not sure if I take the card or not espciqly that I heard that they pull the credit report from time to time .
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2648 posts
1958 upvotes
Winnipeg
Since you've already applied... They have already done an inquiry to your credit report (even if you did in store)

Don't worry so much about inquiries.

Since you've already applied you might as well continue with the security checks and finish the application.

(also there is an existing thread about this card I believe)
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Feb 17, 2015
918 posts
330 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Ya as said they hard pulled transunion Wal-Mart bank tends to always pull from them transunion also doesn't update your score or address and employment as much as Equifax unless you call and bother them some probably just outdated info on TU causing this
[OP]
Sep 9, 2016
26 posts
3 upvotes
Thank you for the reply .I cAller them today and they said that they will send me a letter about stating if my card is approved or not .

I it is approved do they pI'll my credit history as hard inquiry later or it will be soft.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
2812 posts
1336 upvotes
lebanonbc wrote: I it is approved do they pI'll my credit history as hard inquiry later or it will be soft.
It will be a hard hit on your credit file and the hit happens before they tell you whether you are approved or rejected.
Loose lips sink ships. | Her Majesty's Naval Service
[OP]
Sep 9, 2016
26 posts
3 upvotes
Oh even when they want to increase the limit they do hard pull .that will destory thr credit score
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7490 posts
7620 upvotes
The Prairies
lebanonbc wrote: Oh even when they want to increase the limit they do hard pull .that will destory thr credit score
Inquiries are the least impact on credit scores.
Banned
Jul 18, 2016
2014 posts
780 upvotes
I never received a hard pull from Walmart - neither for app nor for limit increases.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)