• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2018 8:53 am
[OP]
Jun 24, 2013
716 posts
1600 upvotes
Mississauga

[Walmart] $1.50 Sterilite 53L Laundry Basket- and more

check out other colors too, kids winter stuff and plastic storage too on clearance.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/home/storage- ... /N-32+1468
Last edited by hennamomin on Feb 8th, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
Oct 15, 2006
440 posts
85 upvotes
North Vancouver
THanks OP, ordered (along with diapers 20% off!)
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4463 posts
697 upvotes
Walmart shipping: $5.97
Order handling fee $5.00
Kills the deal IMO
Sep 8, 2017
422 posts
995 upvotes
Kherani wrote: Kills the deal IMO
$50 and over is free shipping, stick some other things in the cart to make it over $50 and then return those things in store to avoid the shipping fee
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2256 posts
536 upvotes
Halton
Both reviews:

The Product looks good, but less than 2 months and both baskets that I bought are cracked at the two end handles. One on each side of the "handle" ridge. This is becoming an issue with every sterilite basket that I have bought. The store I bought them at will not return them after thirty days. I am very dissapointed. I have had other sterelite baskets for years before they get cracks. Sterelite, you need to step up your qc. There is obviously a problem here. Save your money. find a different basket

I bought this basket about 4 months ago. It was exactly the size I was looking for. The only problem is that the plastic has cracked along the two long edges where I place my hands to carry it. It has cracked, 3 times on one side and one on the other. I do not necessarily think this is typical of Sterlite products since I have an old, round sterlite basket that I have had for several years with no problems.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2356 upvotes
matttheman wrote: $50 and over is free shipping, stick some other things in the cart to make it over $50 and then return those things in store to avoid the shipping fee
This kind of nonsense is why we can't have good things and exactly the kind of abuse that leads companies to make refund and shipping policies worse.

Walmart had free shipping before and RFDers on here kept ordering cheap ~$1 single items for shts and giggles like single cans of soup, single mini cans of Pringles and single packs of instant noodles. Guess what happened shortly after. And here we are again.

They already changed the previous minimum for free shipping from $25 to $50. If people keep buying more items to make them pay more to ship, only to have those items refunded, that's going to cost customers eventually because Walmart isn't a charity and isn't going to keep eating that cost/loss.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15004 posts
3688 upvotes
bombdiggity wrote: This kind of nonsense is why we can't have good things and exactly the kind of abuse that leads companies to make refund and shipping policies worse.

Walmart had free shipping before and RFDers on here kept ordering cheap ~$1 single items for shts and giggles like single cans of soup, single mini cans of Pringles and single packs of instant noodles. Guess what happened shortly after. And here we are again.

They already changed the previous minimum for free shipping from $25 to $50. If people keep buying more items to make them pay more to ship, only to have those items refunded, that's going to cost customers eventually because Walmart isn't a charity and isn't going to keep eating that cost/loss.
to make it clear...Walmart had FS before of Target...now Target is gone and they r the only one...so dont blame for abusing...
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2356 upvotes
kiasu wrote: to make it clear...Walmart had FS before of Target...now Target is gone and they r the only one...so dont blame for abusing...
You are correct that it was the time Target was around, but unless you have proof taking it away is directly related to Target no longer being a competitor...WM could have introduced it as a way to encourage online shopping since they were pushing that back then. Obviously they wouldn't consider keeping it if it wasn't sustainable due to the shopping (ie shipping) habits of abusers.

Don't blame for abusing? What did happen was rampant abuse for amusement, and if you think Walmart or any company can sustain that level of abuse without tightening their policies, then there is nothing that can be said to convince you otherwise. If you were a WM exec and everybody padded their orders to $50 to get a $1.50 plastic bin shipped free at WM's expense and then refunded $48.50 back for each order, you wouldn't make changes? Get real.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2770 posts
688 upvotes
How did I miss this :((((
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15004 posts
3688 upvotes
is this in store too? damn..miss it too
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)