$1.99 Energizer Max 9V 1 pack

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2021 7:53 am
[OP]
Aug 13, 2003
712 posts
259 upvotes

[Walmart] $1.99 Energizer Max 9V 1 pack

Not a popular battery size these days but it is a great price for Energizer Max 9V if you have some older equipment that uses them

In my store the did not have them in the electronics department , but were up by the front checkouts
38 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
14147 posts
4766 upvotes
RFD
Hmm reminds me to check my fire alarms. This could be a good replacement battery, best to stick with big name brands.
Mar 17, 2015
23 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
dollarama also sells batteries with good prices
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6055 posts
4501 upvotes
M-Arkham
a lot of smoke detectors, gas detectors and fire alarms still uses these
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Dec 13, 2019
599 posts
472 upvotes
At least several devices use 9V: smoke detectors and my handheld temperature gauge. Stocked up on several when it was on sale for $1. So glad I did, or else my smoke detector would be chirping at me all day while I try to work from home. Confused Face

Thanks for the heads-up OP!
Why settle for MSRP when you can wait and get it at a lower price? 😉
Sep 8, 2010
201 posts
222 upvotes
Windsor
Good for testing some 12v components too (solenoids in your car, etc)
Jan 24, 2011
525 posts
354 upvotes
Montreal
LesDeals wrote: At least several devices use 9V: smoke detectors and my handheld temperature gauge. Stocked up on several when it was on sale for $1. So glad I did, or else my smoke detector would be chirping at me all day while I try to work from home. Confused Face

Thanks for the heads-up OP!
How did I miss the $1 deal ? Where are the threads?
-------------
Public Mobile : Unlimited talk and text, 2GB - 22$
Zoomer Wireless : Unlimited, 6 GB - 40$ (free P30 Lite, 100$ credit)
IVC Cable : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$
Dec 13, 2019
599 posts
472 upvotes
nicknam4e wrote: How did I miss the $1 deal ? Where are the threads?
That was before the summer, iirc. So it wasn't recent. I had my suspicions when someone posted $1 Energizer 9V batteries at Walmart. My Walmart also had them on the shelf, but the pricing was wrong. Grabbed a few anyways to try my luck and sure enough, they rang up at $1 each. Their price check machine also confirmed them to be $1 each at the time.

Sorry, I can't find the thread now. Neutral Face
Why settle for MSRP when you can wait and get it at a lower price? 😉
Apr 16, 2015
479 posts
686 upvotes
I just picked up a bunch for my smoke detectors. The shelf sign said $6, but I used the price check machine and it came up as $1.98. Thanks OP!
Nov 11, 2003
295 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
For someone who wants to shuck it for AAAA batteries, this in NOT the one you want to buy.

Also, Nofrills sells this battery for $2 on a daily basis, just one cent higher than Walmart.
Apr 8, 2021
84 posts
52 upvotes
Montreal
smartfish wrote: For someone who wants to shuck it for AAAA batteries, this in NOT the one you want to buy.

Also, Nofrills sells this battery for $2 on a daily basis, just one cent higher than Walmart.
oh man, shucking this would be a LOT of work, for nothing
'2003
Oct 11, 2018
651 posts
944 upvotes
Arkham
smartfish wrote: Also, Nofrills sells this battery for $2 on a daily basis, just one cent higher than Walmart.
WM sells for 1.98, just my 2 centsGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12645 posts
11473 upvotes
I stocked up a few for multimeter and smoke alarm a few months ago.

- Check your CO51 has $1 off for 5 times.
- PM at HD for extra 20 cents off.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $40.5 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Apr 26, 2009
787 posts
572 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks Op. I have a stud finder and laser lever that uses 9V. Went to use them a few days ago and the battery in them were completely drained.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2969 posts
2801 upvotes
Montreal, QC
FlyDream wrote: dollarama also sells batteries with good prices
Seriously, comparing batteries at Dollarama with Energizer max ? You'll probably go through 5 dollarama "sunbeam" or other brand, batteries by the time you need to replace an energizer max. coin cells for disposable toys, is fine, but not for anything serious.
And for life saving devices like smoke detectors, PLEASE don't cheap out on battery quality.
smartfish wrote: For someone who wants to shuck it for AAAA batteries, this in NOT the one you want to buy.

Any recommended 9V brand/model for shucking ? Need a few for my pens :)
Nov 11, 2003
295 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry no idea, only tried this one.

Was waiting for my delivery but battery totally run out of juice, tried this one but failed, didn't want to create more waste and waited a few more days patiently.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1185 posts
374 upvotes
Winnipeg
FlyDream wrote: dollarama also sells batteries with good prices
When someone asks me for help 'fixing their TV remote control' - I ask if they are using 'Dollar Store Batteries'. If so - I tell them to replace the batteries with 'real' ones (alkaline) - not 'Dollar Store' Ones. Usually that fixes the issue.

Thing is - some Dollar Store batteries are made of carbon / zinc ... not alkaline. Carbon/zinc has a much shorter 'shelf life' than alkaline and carbon/zinc does not have the same power capacity that alkaline batteries have.

Difference between carbon zinc and alkaline batteries

Some will say "But they are 'Name Brand Batteries' - like Sunbeam and Panasonic". One has to look past the 'name brand' and look at the battery composition.

Dollar Store Batteries