Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Walmart - $108 RCA 19" HDTV/VGA monitor

  • Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2015 11:01 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
24581 posts
34229 upvotes
Toronto

[Walmart] Walmart - $108 RCA 19" HDTV/VGA monitor

Just an FYI - it out of stock online. However, stores are getting some. Dufferin Mall in Toronto received three yesterday morning so may still have some left.

Owner's manual shows it has VGA and HDMI and composite connectors for older gear too.

http://www.rcatelecanada.com/item.asp?i ... LED1945A-B
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
12 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 16, 2011
2585 posts
2051 upvotes
Clarington
Holy smokes batman! Lets hop in our horse and carriage and buy this state of the art masterpiece.

Seriously though - how is this a hot deal?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
26928 posts
11368 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Is not original VGA, 256 colours? :cheesygri
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Banned
Jun 19, 2003
629 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
What can I say? It's an RCA and, as many here know, RCA isn't quality any more. In Canada, the RCA brand is owned by Curtis.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1025 upvotes
Hover41 wrote: What can I say? It's an RCA and, as many here know, RCA isn't quality any more. In Canada, the RCA brand is owned by Curtis.
TVs and other stuff yes. But RCA tablets are owned by Venturer.

But, brand aside, is this even a good price for a 19" TV? Doesn't feel like it...
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 22, 2009
3244 posts
1516 upvotes
Lethbridge
Bawler wrote: Holy smokes batman! Lets hop in our horse and carriage and buy this state of the art masterpiece.

Seriously though - how is this a hot deal?
You. I like you.

Coffee successfully spit out all over keyboard at work from laughing.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3200 posts
1880 upvotes
I dont know about price comparisons.. but my parents have one setup in their kitchen and between a chromecast plugged in and OTA HD this is a great little piece. The sound isnt horrendous either.

If this is the same model, some come with a power brick and others just directly into the wall.

For what you get out of it and the price.. its got its place.

Please post better deals if you know of other 17-19" tvs with ATSC tuner and similar quality. Im looking for a little kitchen tv myself.
Banned
Jun 19, 2003
629 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
uklamen wrote: I dont know about price comparisons.. but my parents have one setup in their kitchen and between a chromecast plugged in and OTA HD this is a great little piece. The sound isnt horrendous either.

If this is the same model, some come with a power brick and others just directly into the wall.

For what you get out of it and the price.. its got its place.

Please post better deals if you know of other 17-19" tvs with ATSC tuner and similar quality. Im looking for a little kitchen tv myself.
How long have your parents had their unit? I Wonder about the reliability/durability of RCA (Curtis) televisions?

On the Walmart site, about 30% of people give it a 1 out of 5 star rating.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1025 upvotes
Hover41 wrote: How long have your parents had their unit? I Wonder about the reliability/durability of RCA (Curtis) televisions?

On the Walmart site, about 30% of people give it a 1 out of 5 star rating.
A lot of brand name (Samsung, Philips or even Sony) also have review % breakdowns like that so its hard to tell.

Lemon units? Customers with unrealistic expectations for features at this price? Customers who don't know how to do basic functions and blame the unit? Who knows?
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3200 posts
1880 upvotes
Hover41 wrote: How long have your parents had their unit? I Wonder about the reliability/durability of RCA (Curtis) televisions?

On the Walmart site, about 30% of people give it a 1 out of 5 star rating.
They have been using it since Christmas time. So a solid 5 months of use. Its not their main tv but I would say its on about 3 hours a day average.

Cant find any in stock in Ottawa sadly.
Banned
Jun 19, 2003
629 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
NG wrote: A lot of brand name (Samsung, Philips or even Sony) also have review % breakdowns like that so its hard to tell.

Lemon units? Customers with unrealistic expectations for features at this price? Customers who don't know how to do basic functions and blame the unit? Who knows?
I agree with what you're saying. But those kind of reviews combined with the fact this TV is made by Curtis who is well known as a producer of cheap (in all senses of this word) electronic devices (keep in mind some of those cheap devices can be durable, but are often limited in some way compared to higher-tier manufacturers' devices) makes this TV to me a no-buy for obvious reasons.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1025 upvotes
Hover41 wrote: I agree with what you're saying. But those kind of reviews combined with the fact this TV is made by Curtis who is well known as a producer of cheap (in all senses of this word) electronic devices (keep in mind some of those cheap devices can be durable, but are often limited in some way compared to higher-tier manufacturers' devices) makes this TV to me a no-buy for obvious reasons.
I agree. Curtis' rep lives on. If this was a Venturer or Dynex it'd be a safer bet but Curtis is a big gamble unless it's sold at Costco.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812

Top