None
[OP]
Dec 10, 2007
621 posts
446 upvotes
Arviat

[Walmart] 16" Reel Mower $40 (reg. $99.98) YMMV

Saw this at Walmart Dixie.
Someone please post the link to the stock checker to get availability and price at stores near you.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lawnmaster ... 0079800045
Images
  • image.jpg
Remember when you liked what you currently have
18 replies
Mar 7, 2011
257 posts
167 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP and ThanksGuy. Picked one up for $25 thanks to this post and the stocktrack link.
Mar 12, 2017
408 posts
289 upvotes
Damn. Any other decent/cheap reel mowers to recommend? I am looking for one!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1891 posts
365 upvotes
Anyone know why stock track shows status out of stuck but then lists multiple units available? Which one is correct? Status or stock?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4968 posts
9579 upvotes
Ottawa
machoman wrote: Anyone know why stock track shows status out of stuck but then lists multiple units available? Which one is correct? Status or stock?
This is unclear, YMMV.
Quite often the stock number is more accurate than status. Those 2 are retrieved using different methods.
I would not rely on it too much, the only thing that's certain is the price.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7594 posts
5081 upvotes
Canada
Is it easier or harder to make lawn patterns with a reel mower?
Aug 6, 2012
36 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Haven't tried this one but anyone thinking of a reel mower should check out the Fiskars Maxreel 18"....love it so far.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1549 posts
1217 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
evanwier wrote: $99 everywhere near me :(
Same with me...using stocktracker 30 stores within my area all show regular $99.98 price and on top of that, many are out of stock....looks to be this may have been one WM location selling at that price.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10701 posts
5044 upvotes
Pretty decent deal. I have no use for one with a few acres but if i was still in city with a tiny yard this be perfect
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12346 posts
3575 upvotes
GTA
RFDQ1016 wrote: Is it easier or harder to make lawn patterns with a reel mower?
Depends which mower. Patterns are made from an attached roller, so it depends on how strong this is.

You can also get a dedicated roller if you really wanna make it sharp. This is what is used on golf course greens:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5839 posts
2208 upvotes
GTEH!
rfdhearn wrote: Haven't tried this one but anyone thinking of a reel mower should check out the Fiskars Maxreel 18"....love it so far.
+1 for Fiskars Reel Mower. Picked up 1 on Kijiji, at a higher price than this Walmart model. And it's VERY EASY to use. No more maintenance for gas/oil/filter/electrical cord/battery/etc to worry about. Of course I have a smaller front/back yard to cut grass. This isn't for everyone.
😎
May 24, 2019
7 posts
13 upvotes
It's a good mower if you have a small lawn. Got it at 99$ last year and it cuts well.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1816 posts
175 upvotes
llcortes90 wrote: It's a good mower if you have a small lawn. Got it at 99$ last year and it cuts well.
What's considered a small lawn? I have about 1700 sqft to cut.

Hiw often do you have to cut the grass to keep the clippings short? Hiw long is to long for clippings?
May 24, 2019
7 posts
13 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote: What's considered a small lawn? I have about 1700 sqft to cut.

Hiw often do you have to cut the grass to keep the clippings short? Hiw long is to long for clippings?
My lawn is about 10' x 9'. I cut the grass every 2 wks to leave my grass about 2"
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1388 posts
1533 upvotes
VANCOUVER
reggyDeal wrote: What's considered a small lawn? I have about 1700 sqft to cut.

It's not only the size of the lawn you need to consider, it's also the height of the grass. Reel mowers just won't work on tall grass so you need to constantly keep the grass short. That makes the first cut of the year difficult. Also keep in mind this has no catcher bag so you need to rake up the cut grass which adds extra time. Good exercise though