[Walmart] [250 or 350$] Netgear Orbi Mesh wifi

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2020 12:51 am
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3245 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto
Superman_2099 wrote: Picked up the AC3000 for $300 and the Linksys Velop AC3600 for $250. Trying to do some reviews of both and Mae a decision.
If you can do wired backhaul velop will be better for you for the price and the nodes. Performance should be similar

If you are only relying on wireless backhaul then orbi will blow velop out of the water
Oct 16, 2005
993 posts
499 upvotes
undacova wrote: If you can do wired backhaul velop will be better for you for the price and the nodes. Performance should be similar

If you are only relying on wireless backhaul then orbi will blow velop out of the water
Appreciate the help! Guess I just need to know what “back haul” is
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3245 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto
Superman_2099 wrote: Appreciate the help! Guess I just need to know what “back haul” is
In the simplest terms it how the satellite(s) communicates to the main router for internet which is why your internet wifi is extended using these mesh systems

If you connect the router and satellite (s) with an ethernet cable that is a wired backhaul if you can't make the cable work that is a wireless back haul.
In most cases wired is the best option.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1936 posts
438 upvotes
m4r 1k8
xxbonoxx wrote: Two RBK50 @ $350 at Vaughan Walmart at Major Mackenzie and Hwy 400.

I was looking for RBK23 or one satellite...if anyone is willing to sell in the Woodbridge area.
just picked up an rbk23 from that same walmart last one though
Oct 16, 2005
993 posts
499 upvotes
undacova wrote: In the simplest terms it how the satellite(s) communicates to the main router for internet which is why your internet wifi is extended using these mesh systems

If you connect the router and satellite (s) with an ethernet cable that is a wired backhaul if you can't make the cable work that is a wireless back haul.
In most cases wired is the best option.
Thanks!
Yeah I am going to have to go wireless. I did pick up a to link network switch and 1000ft of Ethernet cause I wanted to wire most rooms with Ethernet, but I don’t want to make holes in the walls to run the wire to the attic. (Kicking myself for not purchasing attic conduit from basement when I bought pre construction)
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3245 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto
Superman_2099 wrote: Thanks!
Yeah I am going to have to go wireless. I did pick up a to link network switch and 1000ft of Ethernet cause I wanted to wire most rooms with Ethernet, but I don’t want to make holes in the walls to run the wire to the attic. (Kicking myself for not purchasing attic conduit from basement when I bought pre construction)
If you're going wireless then the orbi will be your best bet in terms of speed as it has a dedicated wireless radio to communicate without interfering with your wifi devices.

The velop doesn't have this dedicated wireless radio so it does the wireless backhaul on the same radio which causes your other wireless devices to suffer.
Oct 13, 2008
667 posts
384 upvotes
Mississauga
LawrenceL698367 wrote: I'm getting $340 with the Dell for Work site and the coupon code. Thanks for the tip!
Did they ever ship your order from Dell?
Mar 3, 2015
384 posts
416 upvotes
King City
Been sitting on the fence for the RBK50 after missing the Dell deal. Today, my work gave me $500 to spend on internet/networking so I finally pulled the trigger and got it from Walmart.

Not too sure if the 2 units will be enough. Can i add these into my existing Rogers Hitron hub and have dual NAT? Or would i have to disable the Hitron hub and make it basically just a switch? I have 3 floors, each a bit over 2500 sqft. The Hitron hub is on the bottom floor so i want to put the orbi on the second and top floors with the Hitron providing coverage on the lower.

Also, found it interesting. When i was at walmart, the lady went into the back to check. She came back with the pack and asked if it was the right one. I asked if it was the RBK50 which was on sale for $350. She scanned it and said it was $250 and not $350. I was like are you sure and she's like "yep it's on sale". We went to the cash and when she scanned it there, it showed up as $350.
Mar 11, 2017
76 posts
18 upvotes
jadoogar wrote: Did they ever ship your order from Dell?
nope, mine is still sitting in "Confirmed" status with "estimated delivery" 6/11.

Anyone else who ordered from Dell for Work get any further with their orders?
May 9, 2018
16 posts
8 upvotes
jadoogar wrote: Did they ever ship your order from Dell?
Ordered May 29, shipped June 1, got it on the 3rd.
Oct 13, 2008
667 posts
384 upvotes
Mississauga
DonV15384 wrote: Ordered May 29, shipped June 1, got it on the 3rd.
Ordered Jun 1st, no sign of shipping yet.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2201 posts
692 upvotes
RBK50 is very high performance, not just in speed but in range. Highly recommended for anyone who wants the "fire and forget", zero-skill solution to better wifi
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3245 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto
shaolin_x wrote: Argle Mall Walmart in London has the RBK50 for $300 instead of $350. One unit left. Also one RBK23 and one RBK30 remaining $250 each
I think rbk30 is regular price as it's $250 on Amazon too