[Walmart] 26" Columbia Compax Men's Folding Bike (and others), $75, YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2020 5:38 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2709 posts
792 upvotes
West
gyu138 wrote: What does it mean when it says out of stock but it shows quantity of 1-2?
It means they have 1-2 in stock. Seemed pretty accurate when I went to Walmart; a bike showing 1 in stock had one on the rack, a bike showing 2 in stock had two on the rack. Now it doesn’t mean the store’s inventory count is always accurate, and it is possible that items are in the store but sitting in the back warehouse.
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5222 posts
1553 upvotes
EliteJay wrote:
This is solid info my man. I think I'm definitely gonna go with the power tool batteries. The biggest I have is a Ryobi 5ah 40V, but I will start keeping my eyes peeled for 56V and bigger. It's a shame I'm only learning about this now, because I saw quite a few Home Depots clearing out batteries after snowblower season ended, including the Ego 56V's aaargh! This seems so much easier and cost efficient than DIY'ing the battery packs.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Jan 4, 2019
441 posts
426 upvotes
I picked up one of the Columbia Fix x1 700C Steel Fixie Bike. The associate couldn't believe the price. It rides nicely! OP, you are my hero <3
Apr 25, 2018
64 posts
94 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
rubadubspawn wrote: I ended up bringing the fixie to a bike shop as I couldn't figure out how to get the rear brakes working. I have some mechanical skill but not much lol.

In the end the shop said that the brake pads were garbage and no matter how they adjusted them, the brakes wouldn't wear/grip against the tire and so they suggested replacing the brake pads. With the new brake pads, it makes a big difference (ie I can stop now). It's now nice and light and tight and it's fun to ride, although seat is hard on my nuts.

In the end it was an additional $45 for tune up and $25 for front and rear brake pads. Wasn't really that thrilled to double up on the price to get it working and if I had to do it again I probably would have passed... But overall happy with the bike.
Goes to show how good of a deal this is. Imagine buying a car and doubling the cost if you had to service the brakes.
Dec 27, 2011
487 posts
148 upvotes
AB
ReadAllTheDeals wrote: I picked up one of the Columbia Fix x1 700C Steel Fixie Bike. The associate couldn't believe the price. It rides nicely! OP, you are my hero <3
Did you have to adjust the front brakes? Still figuring out how to do that, the front brakes don't make contact with the wheel. The rear brakes work fine though.
Jan 4, 2019
441 posts
426 upvotes
gyu138 wrote: Did you have to adjust the front brakes? Still figuring out how to do that, the front brakes don't make contact with the wheel. The rear brakes work fine though.
I found the brakes a tad complicated but I managed to get them to work. They are side pulley style which I've never had before. I need to tune them more but I need some more tools first.

This video is very helpful. I suggest watching it in full. I had some assumptions about the brakes and this video blew them out of the water lol

https://youtu.be/UOrIVc5lG-k after watching the video it doesn't seem too bad.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2693 posts
380 upvotes
Toronto
EliteJay wrote: Speed will depend on battery voltage; mine does 38km/h with a 36V battery and 50km/h with a 52V battery (max gps speeds) on flat ground... more than fast enough for me. Without a visor your eyes will get all watery not to mention it's scary on anything but perfectly smooth pavement.
What?! I would highly recommend not taking any bike to those speeds, especially big box ones!
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13334 posts
2991 upvotes
if anyone has extra or thinking to return 26" Columbia Compax Men's Folding Bike in GTA, i will take from you..
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8099 posts
530 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone has a Folding model for sale, please message me. Have driven to a number of locations showing stock but came back empty handed. Thanks.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13334 posts
2991 upvotes
seafish wrote: The folding bike is availble online for $129. Not bad option, if you can't find it in-store.
do u know if they ship with bike already assembled or the box n I DIY?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Nov 13, 2006
973 posts
316 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
kiasu wrote: do u know if they ship with bike already assembled or the box n I DIY?
Site shows unavailable
Beware the RFD Effect
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4165 posts
7331 upvotes
Ottawa
sooksook wrote: Site shows unavailable
Yeah, OOS already. There were >20 in stock when I posted. It comes back in stock occasionally.
Edit: just checked stock history, and the last 3 times it came back was on May 6th, 10th and 13th (today). Every time there were 25 in stock. So may try again in 3-4 days.