• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2022 4:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11517 posts
6361 upvotes

[Walmart] $3 off home grocery delivery (from $4.97 up) until February 28, 2022

Ready to settle in & cocoon for the nth wave? Walmart is offering a deal on grocery delivery for the next 2 months.

"Offer valid in regions where Grocery Delivery is available until February 28, 2022 at 11:59pm."

walmartdelivery.png
44 replies
Feb 25, 2013
56 posts
20 upvotes
Saint-Pascal
Meh waiting for another $50 off instacart deal....
Jul 18, 2014
598 posts
1315 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
to me it seems like the Walmart grocery prices are climbing faster than the other grocery stores
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16162 posts
3973 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
pman113 wrote: to me it seems like the Walmart grocery prices are climbing faster than the other grocery stores
They have always been higher, with some low-cost, loss-leaders to get the traffic within the stores.

But they are the only ones who wont charge for extra fees when doing grocery pick up etc, like loblaws / superstore does.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11517 posts
6361 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: we don't need to pay tips since it is delivering by walmart right?
That's right.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
6499 posts
6786 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
It's technically *not* delivered by Walmart, unless that differs from area to area.

Drivers may just outright cancel your order as well if they don't feel like picking it because there's too many items or items are "too heavy".
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16162 posts
3973 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
chemicalxv wrote: It's technically *not* delivered by Walmart, unless that differs from area to area.

Drivers may just outright cancel your order as well if they don't feel like picking it because there's too many items or items are "too heavy".
any source of this?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11517 posts
6361 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: It's technically *not* delivered by Walmart, unless that differs from area to area.

No, drivers cannot cancel your order on you. They do not pick it, the Walmart staff do. Walmart does subcontract to outfits like DoorDash for delivery but they use Walmart totes & bags & do not accept tips (there is no place in the order system to enter a tip as well).
Oct 6, 2010
101 posts
73 upvotes
Anyone have good experience with grocery delivery? Never did it before, but seems wise given the pandemic.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11517 posts
6361 upvotes
I order 3-4 times a month with few issues. The last time they subbed bottled pop for canned but I got a refund because that format is not appropriate to my needs & I got to keep the pop, which I now need to find a home for. They once subbed parsley for coriander. If you can get over the occasional stupid substitution that you can get refunded for, it's pretty good. To get a refund you just click into "Manage Order" & it is at the top right hand of the screen.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4011 posts
1435 upvotes
Ontario

weedb0y wrote:
any source of this?
Delivery is outsourced to different companies such as Uber Eats and Door Dash.

I drive for Uber Eats and Door Dash and see Walmart Grocery orders on both. I rarely accept them since Walmart is notoriously slow to provide the orders to the drivers, in addition the pay is extremely low and generally not worth it. So while we can't really decline because it's heavy, we can decline if the pay is too low, if there are too many items, wait time is too long, if it's going to an apartment, etc...
lecale wrote:
No, drivers cannot cancel your order on you. They do not pick it, the Walmart staff do. Walmart does subcontract to outfits like DoorDash for delivery but they use Walmart totes & bags & do not accept tips (there is no place in the order system to enter a tip as well).
Drivers cant cancel your order, they can just refuse to accept it, eventually someone will end up taking it though.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2003
1201 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto
We actually used them the first time this week and was really impressed. Ordered at 11pm. Delivered by noon the next day. All bags (about 30) were dropped at off at our front door before they rang the doorbell to make it contact less. No opportunity to tip - no ability to tip on the site. So the cost was $8 all in. They gave us a ton of free bags in the process.

Thinking about gas, driving and shopping time - it's a no-brainer. Just be smart and focus on the sale items. We don't have a walmart near us so we will use it once a month for big orders and fill up the pantry.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1085 posts
1826 upvotes
lecale wrote: No, drivers cannot cancel your order on you. They do not pick it, the Walmart staff do. Walmart does subcontract to outfits like DoorDash for delivery but they use Walmart totes & bags & do not accept tips (there is no place in the order system to enter a tip as well).
They absolutely accept tips
Apr 23, 2014
904 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto, ON
walmart delivery or superstore? Whats generally cheaper>?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
6965 posts
3436 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone able to use evoucher at Walmart? Not working?
May 29, 2020
8 posts
4 upvotes
I’m able to enter the promotions, but I can’t apply it at checkout. Can anyone help or have information in regards?
** DING DING DING ** 🛎
Sep 16, 2016
699 posts
862 upvotes
Received this offer via email as well, but it’s $6.97 after the $3 discount for me, really not a hot deal just for this small discount
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11517 posts
6361 upvotes
hectorsalamanka wrote: I’m able to enter the promotions, but I can’t apply it at checkout. Can anyone help or have information in regards?
On your final checkout page, select "Change Payment Method" under "Paying With"

walmart1.png

You will get an option to apply the eVoucher

If the eVoucher does not work you have issues with your order (not a new customer, did not meet minimum spend).

walmart2.png
May 29, 2020
8 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks for the tip, but I’ve made a new account and added far more than the minimum (200$ for a 75$ coupon) and the evoucher still isn’t visible to apply once at checkout.

It has worked in the past with no problems, only after New Years have I encountered this glitch.

(Quebec)
** DING DING DING ** 🛎

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)