• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2016 9:22 pm
[OP]
Dec 17, 2015
5 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Walmart] $40 off 2DS with Mario Kart for $89.96

Saw this in the flyer, I think this looks like a pretty good deal...it looks like it is all of the colours and Mario Kart, and there is one with Yokai Watch. Be kind, first post :o

http://www.walmart.ca/en/video-games/ni ... oles/N-437
24 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
12809 posts
11631 upvotes
Oil Country
Placed my order with BB, and now on the phone PMing... lol. Thanks OP!!! BTW, how is the 2DS compared to the 3DS and 3DS XL? Any reasons to not buy it, or that kids won't like it? I need two.

After PMing with BB, it came out to $90.25 taxes included (GST only). Since I needed two, my order came out $180.50.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2367 posts
617 upvotes
Toronto
fudge_u wrote: Placed my order with BB, and now on the phone PMing... lol. Thanks OP!!! BTW, how is the 2DS compared to the 3DS and 3DS XL? Any reasons to not buy it, or that kids won't like it? I need two.

After PMing with BB, it came out to $90.25 taxes included (GST only). Since I needed two, my order came out $180.50.
nice! I don't know I liked the 2ds design as the one peice as opposed to the flip case I bought for 2 younger boys as well I'm sure they will love it
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
fudge_u wrote: Placed my order with BB, and now on the phone PMing... lol. Thanks OP!!! BTW, how is the 2DS compared to the 3DS and 3DS XL? Any reasons to not buy it, or that kids won't like it? I need two.

The 2DS like the original 3DS and 3DS XL, have a smaller game library, require an additional attachment for Amiibo support, and don't have the 2nd joystick-nub

Currently, the difference in the libaries is just a few games, but thay might change in the future.

Considering how I bought my original XL for 100$ +20$amazon gift card prior to the release of the 'new' verisons, this deal doesnt look too hot.
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Nov 7, 2013
141 posts
133 upvotes
Halifax
FWIW, the "smaller game library" mentioned above is literally the entire 3DS library, minus Xenoblade Chronicles X and The Binding of Isaac (both of which only work on the New 3DS).

Also, nobody's mentioned the fact that the 2DS only works in 2D mode yet. Although I'd almost consider that a bonus, especially for young kids who aren't recommended to use the 3D feature anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
5972 posts
3330 upvotes
is there flashcard options for this yet?
Nov 5, 2008
404 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
Decent deal. Keep in mind that 2ds only has one speaker which is the deal breaker for me. You still get stereo sound from headphones though.
I paid $140 for 3ds XL and $50 giftcard around this time last year from Amazon btw.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1056 posts
213 upvotes
Thanks op. Just requested a price match and difference for one I just purchased at $129.99 at Bestbuy.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2010
1081 posts
342 upvotes
Mario Kart 2ds is hackable.
and i got it for like 79$ from the source from bestbuy price matching it there a while back.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2885 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
if someone can explain, does this console come per-loaded with mario game for free? so I wont have to buy mario game or anything else to play the game?

Also, if I want to buy some other DS2 compatible game in future will it work as is or I will need to buy some additional device.

Thirdly, how much are the DS2 games in general? someone told they are $50 each minimum.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6706 posts
2882 upvotes
Canada
This is a smoking deal if you want to get in to 3DS gaming ... the 2DS is a good little device, and I find it more comfortable than the XLs and certainly the regular 3DS.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6706 posts
2882 upvotes
Canada
bsobaid wrote: if someone can explain, does this console come per-loaded with mario game for free? so I wont have to buy mario game or anything else to play the game?

Also, if I want to buy some other DS2 compatible game in future will it work as is or I will need to buy some additional device.

Thirdly, how much are the DS2 games in general? someone told they are $50 each minimum.
Did you look at the picture?

It says FREE GAME DOWNLOAD for Mario Kart and PRE-INSTALLED for Yo Kai
Nov 29, 2011
968 posts
344 upvotes
Milton
bsobaid wrote: if someone can explain, does this console come per-loaded with mario game for free? so I wont have to buy mario game or anything else to play the game?
You don't need to buy anything else to play Mario Kart, although the game may need to be downloaded if not pre-installed. But no additional cost for that specific game.
bsobaid wrote: Also, if I want to buy some other DS2 compatible game in future will it work as is or I will need to buy some additional device.
There are some games that are only compatible with the "New 3DS" but other then those few titles (which are marked as requiring a "New 3DS"), any 3DS games will work with a 2DS.
bsobaid wrote: Thirdly, how much are the DS2 games in general? someone told they are $50 each minimum.
The poor Canadian dollar has led to an increase in prices, and yeah it's fairly common for games--or at least newer games--to be around $45-50 (when $40 was more the norm as a high end as recent as 2013).

These days, they tend to range between $40-50 when first released or relatively new, although many first-party (made/published by Nintendo) games can be found for $30-35, especially via sales. Best Buy, for example, often has a "buy 2 save $10" sale. But Nintendo-published games tend to hold their value.

Many third-party games (not published by Nintendo, such as Lego games for example) can be found for around $20-$30.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2885 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
raspeed wrote: Did you look at the picture?

It says FREE GAME DOWNLOAD for Mario Kart and PRE-INSTALLED for Yo Kai
fail!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2885 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
evosero wrote: You don't need to buy anything else to play Mario Kart, although the game may need to be downloaded if not pre-installed. But no additional cost for that specific game.

There are some games that are only compatible with the "New 3DS" but other then those few titles (which are marked as requiring a "New 3DS"), any 3DS games will work with a 2DS.

The poor Canadian dollar has led to an increase in prices, and yeah it's fairly common for games--or at least newer games--to be around $45-50 (when $40 was more the norm as a high end as recent as 2013).

These days, they tend to range between $40-50 when first released or relatively new, although many first-party (made/published by Nintendo) games can be found for $30-35, especially via sales. Best Buy, for example, often has a "buy 2 save $10" sale. But Nintendo-published games tend to hold their value.

Many third-party games (not published by Nintendo, such as Lego games for example) can be found for around $20-$30.
perfect, thanks a lot.
Oct 17, 2013
245 posts
55 upvotes
Richmond Hill
thanks a lot

a thread seemed to imply that the 2ds can be jailbroken to run anything and everything

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)