• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2019 1:11 pm
[OP]
Banned
May 31, 2005
298 posts
727 upvotes

[Walmart] 4moms High Chair Black/Grey - $271.97

Okay I feel guilty for setting this up for price monitoring on Price Dropper but it's on clearance at Walmart at a lowest price ever. I ended up getting a different high chair at half this price already but sharing this as quality of 4moms equipment is usually top notch.

Price trend for this seems to hover between $398 and $339. I was holding out for this to drop below $300 this year but it never did yet. Stock shows "almost sold out though"
22 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1181 posts
2299 upvotes
Genuinely had no idea this stuff was so expensive nowadays
Oct 6, 2010
224 posts
215 upvotes
Markham
If you dont think its a good deal, could you suggest a better option? Im saying this because I am eventually going to need to get one for my daughter!
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2201 posts
839 upvotes
Quebec
At this price does it with come with AC wifi and remote control ?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
29522 posts
15366 upvotes
Ottawa
photojunkie wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 3:09 am
If you dont think its a good deal, could you suggest a better option? Im saying this because I am eventually going to need to get one for my daughter!
Visit your local Toys R Us.
Dec 26, 2017
282 posts
164 upvotes
it is more expensive than the rest. i am in the market for one and they usually run 150$
to each their own and if OP wants to buy and spend then his/her money is being spent.

i have no problem spending on my kid but if the product doesn't provide extra features why spend the extra money
Jul 15, 2018
68 posts
30 upvotes
Saskatchewan
That is an awesome price, though not sure I want to spend that much as I already have a hand-me down that should get the job done.

I imagine the resale on that would be pretty good though even a couple of years down the road if you kept it in good condition though.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2476 posts
544 upvotes
There are so many people on RFD willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a new cell phone or a video game console, but let's shame someone for buying a higher end high chair. Geez. Value is always relative to each person's priorities, budget, tastes, etc. and whether something is a good deal is partly driven by how useful it is, and luxury items are often more useful to the beholder than others. People should provide feedback, no need for judgment.

Deals on here are usually driven by discounted price versus what price in item is otherwise available for. If it's significantly lower, it belongs on RFD.
Feb 18, 2015
188 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yeah dude, shame on you for not thinking exactly like him. :rolleyes: how dare you
Nov 23, 2006
64 posts
22 upvotes
Waterloo
photojunkie wrote:
My wife and I bought this highchair / table combo in pink when our first came around. It was on on sale for ~$60 a few years ago. It's held up very well for the last 2 years, and will soon be used for our second child (6 weeks old as of now, so a few months to go). My daughter climbs into the chair now, so I can also attend that it's pretty solid to have a 2.5 yr old climb/jump in it.
Jan 12, 2005
796 posts
224 upvotes
photojunkie wrote: If you dont think its a good deal, could you suggest a better option? Im saying this because I am eventually going to need to get one for my daughter!
That’s a good price for the chair the OP listed. 4moms products are expensive. Can’t comment if you get what you pay for because I don’t have one, but If you wanna go the cheap route for a high chair you can get a Fisher Price portable one that hooks onto an adult chair

We bought it for the condo space saving alone and it fits into the car trunk so you can travel with it. Its on sale at Walmart right now for $60 vs $75. We bought it at Toys R Us when it was at $50 in December

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/fisher-pri ... 44QAvD_BwE

Only complaint is that the tray does not fit in the condo sized dishwasher so we have to wash it by hand every time
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1165 posts
146 upvotes
Vancouver
If you want to see expensive, look into Stokke® Tripp Trapp® Adjustable Grow with Baby High Chair

Its $379 for just the chair, then you add in all the accessories for each stage of childs life. I have been looking for a used one and they are still going for a pretty penny.

We tried the 4moms highchair, and my overactive kid would knock the tray off, its only held in with magnets, returned it and stuck it out with the 20 year old hand me down that works for now.
Graphic Designer
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1755 posts
830 upvotes
photojunkie wrote:
The antilop from Ikea. I personally like the height and it is easy to clean. Also as a bonus it is $20.