Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

50% off Weider Bungee Bench - $118

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 11:06 am
Oct 18, 2011
440 posts
672 upvotes
NORTH YORK

[Walmart] 50% off Weider Bungee Bench - $118

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/weider-bun ... 0197170736

Missed out on the previous Bowflex Body Tower deal but found this one - also at Walmart. I realize it probably won't turn me into John Cena but it might prevent me from becoming the Michelin Man in my largely sedentary lockdown. MSRP on other sites list this as being anywhere from US $180 - $230 so at CDN $118, it looks to be a decent deal ($134 or so with tax and free shipping). If it turns out to be too flimsy or (as I fear) not enough weight, you can always return it - although with the new guidelines major retailers seem to imposing on returns, it might be somewhat of an inconvenience.

The unit looks pretty portable and easy to store and in the reviews I read, many comment on its solid and sturdy construction. Looks to be sold out just about everywhere online (Amazon.ca has it listed at $290 FWIW) but it appears to be in stock both in store and online. Supposedly, it comes with a DVD that includes workout routine suggestions. Weider is a pretty reputable company with a longstanding history in the world of bodybuilding so it's got that going for it at least.

Highlights
Adjustable bungee bench can be set to three different resistance levels and switched between forward- and backward-leaning exercises

Product Details
Weider Bungee Bench
Adjustable Workouts
Light, medium, and heavy resistance levels
Backward-leaning or forward-leaning position
Comfort-grip foam handles let you focus on upper body, core, or lower body
Adjustable hook and loop ankle attachments
Compact Design
Swiveling seat takes up less space than conventional home gyms
Unburdened by large, awkward weights
Folds flat for storage in bed or closet
Specifics
No assembly required
Product condition: new
Product dimensions: 44”x17”x6”
Images
  • c700x420.jpg
8 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3577 upvotes
I love the initiative, but really, a wee workout bench like this isn't going to stop you from turning into the Michelan man if you're simply taking in too many calories :D
For the most part, you'll be better off buying a simple set of expandable weights with some additional plates.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2007
4675 posts
1941 upvotes
YWG
Careful, if you can lift any appreciable weight, you'll make this childs play especially doing lowerbody and risk snapping the band as ive tried similar bands before and those arent resistive at all.
RFD iTrader:76|||0
HEATWARE:15|||0
EBAY:220|||0
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1928 posts
2774 upvotes
Halifax
This will not be able to be returned if you use it / open it.

Yes. As the COVID-19 situation continues to change, we’re taking action to better serve you and our associates. We’ve temporarily updated our Return Policy, effective immediately.

• Any item purchased before March 14 is eligible for a 30-day extension in addition to our regular return window.

• Bulk returns will not be accepted (i.e. more than three of the same item).• Select items will now be considered final sale if purchased after March 20, including clothing, shoes, wearables, ear/headphones, mattresses, sleeping bags, bedding, and towels.

We will not accept returns on any opened products or any item without a receipt if purchased after March 20.We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your understanding during this time! Read more COVID-19 updates.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3633 posts
444 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Mine arrived in the mail today.

For the most part I agree with the previous comments about this being too weak and fragile for people who can lift an appreciable weight. Of the 15 workouts portrayed in the included exercise poster, the highest tension bungee can exert enough force to warrant a proper workout for 3 of them (none of them are leg workouts).

An acquaintance reported pain when the bungee cords pushed against the shoulder/neck during certain exercises. I personally barely felt a thing.

Also, I'm too tall for this bench. This seems optimal for someone around 160cm tall - anyone over 170cm is going to be very uncomfortable without a head rest.

I didn't get the DVD with the bench, but was familiar enough with exercises to figure out the form and motions from the poster images. People who don't will have a difficult time without additional resources to guide them.

For $120+tax it could be a decent tool for out-of-shape or shorter-height people who want to get into strength training, but for fully grown adults who are moderately fit this will be left collecting dust soon after opening.
Mar 7, 2011
675 posts
472 upvotes
Winnipeg
Lol this is some mickey mouse lookin contraption if Ive ever seen one.

Lists warranty at 3 months LOLOL! Glad they can stand behind their products:

Warranty (in Months)
Weight capacity (kg)
Triad wrote: Careful, if you can lift any appreciable weight, you'll make this childs play especially doing lowerbody and risk snapping the band as ive tried similar bands before and those arent resistive at all.
Surely this is some sort of specialized device for people with physical disabilities, spinal damage, or recovering from a coma, returning after a few years in the space station....
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
2064 posts
733 upvotes
Edmonton
People will likely buy this and try an flip on Kijiji for 500.
R U PACKIN HEAT?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4285 posts
2287 upvotes
BC
Something is definitely better than nothing but this is cheap junk.
You would be MUCH better off buying a few sets of dumbbells and watching some recommended YouTube guys that can show you the right way to do a ton of easy exercises.
Oct 18, 2011
440 posts
672 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Just received this yesterday. Actually not bad. Pretty solidly built. Not "free weight level" resistance but not bad either. Just requires a little imagination on how to perform certain exercises at maximum resistance (ie. standing bent over rows, bicep curls, etc.). Diminutive in size but super convenient to store. Wife commented that it would be perfect for her pilates exercises as it comes with ankle straps and a seat that swivels. Didn't come with workout dvd as they apparently do in the U.S but found this 45 minute instructional video for a similar product called the Nano Gym that seems to allow for the same exercises.

It does however come with a wall chart showing some of the basic exercises you can do with it.

Not for everyone I agree but given our space, the right choice for us.