Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] $57.97 CAP Barbell 2-Inch Olympic Weight Bar, 5-Ft (25 lbs)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 4:59 pm
[OP]
Mar 20, 2017
226 posts
361 upvotes

[Walmart] $57.97 CAP Barbell 2-Inch Olympic Weight Bar, 5-Ft (25 lbs)

Pretty decent price for a bar if you still haven't made your home gym like me and don't plan on going out to use your gym membership.

KEEP IN MIND THE BAR IS 5 FT! It's a smaller bar which might be better for some with smaller homes.

I also picked up the 45lbs, 25lbs and 10lbs plates from them but they have been sold out since then.

EDIT:
Galad wrote: I purchased this bar last month. It shipped with the bolts loose. It looks like it needs a 12mm hex key to tighten which is really had to find.
I have attached the first 12mm hex key I could find from amazon here:
Last edited by EverydayCloudy on Aug 4th, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25 replies
Dec 20, 2007
20 posts
12 upvotes
Just getting started looking at Olympic 2" gear. What length do I need to use with a cage. They all seem to be 47" wide. Would I need the 7' bar then?
Mar 6, 2019
4 posts
1 upvote
kanatacrude wrote: Just getting started looking at Olympic 2" gear. What length do I need to use with a cage. They all seem to be 47" wide. Would I need the 7' bar then?
You are correct. 7 ft is the ideal length for a standard squat rack which tend to be 47". The grip area between the collars of a 7' bar is usually 52" which means you don't have to be dead on when racking the bar back. You could even get away with a 6 ft bar but a 5 ft bar would be too short in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1742 posts
683 upvotes
majorijjy wrote: You are correct. 7 ft is the ideal length for a standard squat rack which tend to be 47". The grip area between the collars of a 7' bar is usually 52" which means you don't have to be dead on when racking the bar back. You could even get away with a 6 ft bar but a 5 ft bar would be too short in my opinion.
6ft bar won't work in most cases. They generally have a 42" length to rack.
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
28 posts
11 upvotes
I bought a 6' bar from Walmart a couple of months back for around $100, then returned it to order a 7' Synergee bar instead for $240. A lot pricier but I think will be worth it in the long run especially if you're using it with a squat rack/cage. I don't want to have to worry about aligning it at the end of my set when I'm already tired.
Mar 6, 2019
4 posts
1 upvote
froesesp wrote: 6ft bar won't work in most cases. They generally have a 42" length to rack.
Sorry I should have clarified. You are correct. I have made a 6 ft bar work in a pinch by moving the collars out a little. 7 ft is the way to go!
Nov 7, 2018
944 posts
688 upvotes
Timberlin wrote: I bought a 6' bar from Walmart a couple of months back for around $100, then returned it to order a 7' Synergee bar instead for $240. A lot pricier but I think will be worth it in the long run especially if you're using it with a squat rack/cage. I don't want to have to worry about aligning it at the end of my set when I'm already tired.
Games or rhino bar?
Dec 20, 2007
20 posts
12 upvotes
Thank you, everyone. Just need to find a good deal on the cage, bar and weights. (yeah, everything. :-) Already got myself set up with 1" gear but it's time to get a real safe home bench press set up.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2005
1485 posts
257 upvotes
Whitby
I purchased this bar last month. It shipped with the bolts loose. It looks like it needs a 12mm hex key to tighten which is really had to find.
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
28 posts
11 upvotes
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Games or rhino bar?
I got the Games bar for versatility and looks (lol). For the serious deadlifters, they'd probably prefer the Rhino bar I'm thinking.
Nov 7, 2018
944 posts
688 upvotes
Timberlin wrote: I got the Games bar for versatility and looks (lol). For the serious deadlifters, they'd probably prefer the Rhino bar I'm thinking.
Lol. I thought rhino looks better because of the end cap, no?
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
28 posts
11 upvotes
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Lol. I thought rhino looks better because of the end cap, no?
Preference, I suppose. They both look very cool, but I like the red shaft on Games (red) it contrasts nicely with the black ends. Also the diameter of the Rhino bar is 29mm as opposed to 28mm with the Olympic bars. I have small hands so prefer the 28mm. I don't lift heavy (bench and squat around 200lbs) so don't need the weight capacity and strength of the Rhino bar. I'm sure that the Games bar is more than adequate for my heaviest lifts anyway lol.
Last edited by Timberlin on Aug 4th, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 20, 2012
423 posts
314 upvotes
Barrie
Timberlin wrote: I got the Games bar for versatility and looks (lol). For the serious deadlifters, they'd probably prefer the Rhino bar I'm thinking.
Games bar would actually be better for deadlift (thinner diameter/whip).
Rhino would be better for squat/bench (thicker diameter/no whip/centre knurl).

That's not to say that the Games bar isn't a perfectly adequate bar to squat/bench and that you can't deadlift effectively with the Rhino.