• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2020 11:11 am
11 replies
[OP]
Apr 8, 2020
695 posts
449 upvotes
cardenas wrote: Looks like a decent deal. Thanks, OP!
Yep , with everything "gym" like equipment sold out ...
BTW this bench is not for "heavy lifting"
Feb 12, 2017
81 posts
56 upvotes
reefer123 wrote: Yep , with everything "gym" like equipment sold out ...
BTW this bench is not for "heavy lifting"

300lb maximum
Apr 17, 2015
715 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dum258 wrote: 300lb maximum
I'll assume this includes your own bodyweight.. so really you're not lifting much more than a plate on each side
Nov 28, 2010
583 posts
355 upvotes
I wonder how a bench can be rated for max 300lbs... I placed and order since I really needed a flat bench to compliment my newly installed rig and at 66 $ it's really isnt much money.

Thanks OP
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9092 posts
1573 upvotes
TO
one of the first reviews give it away:

Arrived on time and was easy to assemble. One of the main body screws holding the pad to the frame was stripped though so I had to epoxy it together to work. Not a big deal, and it does feel sturdy, but next time I will read the specifics a little closer. I noticed it says 300 lb max capacity, which in my mind was the person's body weight. Well when you are 220 lbs, and then lay down to do some 200 lb bench press, that ends up maxing it out apparently; first set of bench press with this weight cracked the board in half and thankfully the frame stayed in place enough for me to put the bar on the safety pins. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND FOR REAL LIFTERS. Good product for lighter weights.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2007
1020 posts
693 upvotes
van
Ive got this bench, been working great for the last year.
I do mostly dips and pushups and other things with my body weight (200lbs) against it and it feels sturdy as ever.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3558 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
i picked this bench up at treasure hunt for $18 and quickly sold it and made my own - the weight max is not very good
Aug 27, 2014
482 posts
245 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: one of the first reviews give it away:

Arrived on time and was easy to assemble. One of the main body screws holding the pad to the frame was stripped though so I had to epoxy it together to work. Not a big deal, and it does feel sturdy, but next time I will read the specifics a little closer. I noticed it says 300 lb max capacity, which in my mind was the person's body weight. Well when you are 220 lbs, and then lay down to do some 200 lb bench press, that ends up maxing it out apparently; first set of bench press with this weight cracked the board in half and thankfully the frame stayed in place enough for me to put the bar on the safety pins. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND FOR REAL LIFTERS. Good product for lighter weights.
Lmao. If you're a serious lifter, you don't get a shitty bench like that. A shitty barbell may just bend, but a shitty bench could kill you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)