Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

AAA Angus Rib Grill Steak $6.77lb, Dr. Oetker Pizza $3.88 (ONT) May 20-26

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2021 12:41 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7292 posts
71675 upvotes

[Walmart] AAA Angus Rib Grill Steak $6.77lb, Dr. Oetker Pizza $3.88 (ONT) May 20-26

Walmart has on sale in Ontario from May 20-26 AAA Angus Rib Grill Steak Value Pack for $6.77lb (Reg. $14.97lb/$33kg)

Also on sale is Dr. Oetker Pizza 439-785g for $3.88. (Lowest I ever seen before was $2.99)
Seedless Cucumbers $0.56.
Images
  • Screenshot (1071).png
119 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36615 upvotes
Scarborough
I've been pleasantly surprised with the steak quality at Walmart. Will definitely stop by on Thursday to get a few of these to try out.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
7292 posts
71675 upvotes
thedealhunter2000 wrote: Metro has Dr Otker pizzas for $2.99 . Was by there a couple days ago. Stock up and get some bell peppers & tomatos and a bag os cheeze and you're good to go.
Yes, Metro has the 300-410g for $2.99. Not the 439-785g.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2019
1109 posts
1248 upvotes
Pizza IS NOT a good deal! It is practically ALWAYS on sale for $3.. In fact just off the top of my head I believe Metro has it for that this week.
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
Jul 29, 2006
845 posts
1250 upvotes
Ottawa
I haven't ever bought steak at Walmart because the label always says "mechanically tenderized". This is even on steak that should already be tender, like TENDERloin. Why would they need to do this?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3259 posts
3285 upvotes
I just wish Walmart would cut me the size of steaks I want. If it's not 1" thick what's the point...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
5658 posts
534 upvotes
GT-EH
---
Last edited by Premium on May 23rd, 2021 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
5186 posts
6023 upvotes
SCOPster wrote: Pizza IS NOT a good deal! It is practically ALWAYS on sale for $3.. In fact just off the top of my head I believe Metro has it for that this week.
Note the weight in the OP. The pizza on special for $2.99 is usually under 400g.
Dec 24, 2017
419 posts
410 upvotes
congo wrote: I haven't ever bought steak at Walmart because the label always says "mechanically tenderized". This is even on steak that should already be tender, like TENDERloin. Why would they need to do this?
They don't really to good steak, it can also introduce bacteria and people have died in the past from processing facilities doing this.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21265 posts
6248 upvotes
Poormond Hill
hill15 wrote: Walmart has on sale in Ontario from May 20-26 AAA Angus Rib Grill Steak Value Pack for $6.77lb (Reg. $14.97lb/$33kg)

Also on sale is Dr. Oetker Pizza 439-785g for $3.88. (Lowest I ever seen before was $2.99)
Seedless Cucumbers $0.56.
Dr. Oetker Pizza is on sale this week for $2.97. Buy now!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
May 5, 2006
991 posts
474 upvotes
congo wrote: I haven't ever bought steak at Walmart because the label always says "mechanically tenderized". This is even on steak that should already be tender, like TENDERloin. Why would they need to do this?
Even Costco puts this on their steaks, unfortunately. You almost have to get a full primal to avoid it...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5277 posts
4937 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Dr. Oetker is crap pizza.

If the AAA Angus looks good, that's a good price. Best to check the marbling and decide for yourself.
Jul 18, 2014
812 posts
1881 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
sandikosh wrote: Dr. Oetker Pizza is on sale this week for $2.97. Buy now!
they're not the same ones, I'm assuming it's going to be the Dr. Oetker Giuseppe
Last edited by pman113 on May 17th, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
You guys have been enjoying tenderized steaks for years now all the sudden you know and everyone hates it.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
baz5 wrote: You guys have been enjoying tenderized steaks for years now all the sudden you know and everyone hates it.
Tenderized steaks aren't necessarily an issue, but it's dependent on the cooking method. I can't smoke mechanically tenderized steaks/rib roasts as I do them at a low temp over a low period of time. If I was cooking them in the oven, grilling on the BBQ, or even sous vide, they'd be fine, but my low temp method means I won't get the outside hot enough to kill all the bacteria that has been pushed into the meat during the tenderization process.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
Richfields wrote: Tenderized steaks aren't necessarily an issue, but it's dependent on the cooking method. I can't smoke mechanically tenderized steaks/rib roasts as I do them at a low temp over a low period of time. If I was cooking them in the oven, grilling on the BBQ, or even sous vide, they'd be fine, but my low temp method means I won't get the outside hot enough to kill all the bacteria that has been pushed into the meat during the tenderization process.
That doesn't make sense. It's the internal temperature that needs to get to a certain level of temp to kill the bacteria, whether it's smoked or grilled, no?
I'm just saying everyone's been eating them for years and didn't blink an eye.
Jul 29, 2006
845 posts
1250 upvotes
Ottawa
randomthoughts wrote: Even Costco puts this on their steaks, unfortunately. You almost have to get a full primal to avoid it...
I will have to check this at Costco. I don't recall seeing that on the strip loins for example.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
baz5 wrote: That doesn't make sense. It's the internal temperature that needs to get to a certain level of temp to kill the bacteria, whether it's smoked or grilled, no?
I'm just saying everyone's been eating them for years and didn't blink an eye.
temperature gradients are the difference. High heat cooking allows the outside to get hotter than the inside/middle temps, but cooking at 180 or 200F in a smoker doesn't get the outside as hot as cooking at 350 or 400 would. Also, we are talking about the bacteria that is being introduced into the meat but the spikes, not the bacteria inherently inside any piece of meat
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1296 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: I've been pleasantly surprised with the steak quality at Walmart. Will definitely stop by on Thursday to get a few of these to try out.
I find their steaks the best you can get before going to a butcher.