• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2020 4:06 pm
[OP]
Sep 26, 2017
116 posts
338 upvotes
Milton, ON

[Walmart] Acer 24” FHD KA Series Monitor KA242Y $118

Pretty good deal @ 24", 1ms response time and 75hz Gaming monitor. If there is a better deal available, let me know in comments :-)
1% cashback from Rakuten (mehhh)
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 29th, 2020 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
Thread Summary
Available in-stores as well: https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=19319980943
189 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5188 posts
4301 upvotes
Toronto
Looks to be the same as this one sold on Costco for about $160.

Unsure about quality of the screen, but based on specs it looks okay for the price. However appears to be missing some nice to have features like adjustable height, also comes with VGA cable not HDMI it seems.

Should be easy to return in case of dead pixels? How well does Walmart deal with monitor returns anyone knows?
Nov 24, 2018
29 posts
25 upvotes
Annoying.. I paid this price at the beginning of the month for an Acer 22" 4ms monitor.. definitely seems like a good price for the specs.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2383 posts
704 upvotes
I've never seen a monitor without an option to mount it via a VESA mount. I was looking to buy this Dell 27" monitor, and when I look at the back there are no holes to mount it; my work desk is not very deep and was planning on installing on the wall as flat as possible... what's up with that?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1403 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
This is an excellent price for a no frills IPS monitor with VESA mount. As Zentro pointed out, the same model is $160 at costco, and walmart has a no hassle 45 day return window.

I'll be grabbing one as a secondary monitor for my WFH station. Thx OP!
Aug 30, 2019
758 posts
588 upvotes
Brampton
Ordered one arriving sept 1. Will use it as secondary monitor.
Mar 20, 2016
764 posts
563 upvotes
Montreal
looks like it is not height adjustable? could someone confirm?
Aug 30, 2019
758 posts
588 upvotes
Brampton
sneakerfan wrote: looks like it is not height adjustable? could someone confirm?
No only tilt. Says under specs
Mar 10, 2012
40 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Super tempting... I've been looking to replace my dual monitor Dell u2412m setup (from 2014). The bevel has really been bothering me. Not seeing many 1440 monitors right now and don't want to spend much money. I've also felt that I'm not getting the proper colours on the monitors anymore. For example what looks like a pure white background on my PC on my phone I can see patches of discoloration.

Anyone have any input if this is a good way to go? The bevel and response time combined with the price make me feel like this is a no brainer. Should I be concerned about getting a non-IPS screen? The adjustability is a non issue because I have a dual monitor mount.

Edit: actually that bezel looks kind of thick too...
Apr 2, 2015
252 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto, ON
IMO better off waiting for the Asus VA24EHEY to fall back to $140 (which it does regularly) at Staples. For $20 more you get smaller bezels and an IPS display. Same 75hz, VESA mountable. The Acer in the OP is actually 5ms gtg so it’s the same as the Asus.
Nov 7, 2008
427 posts
143 upvotes
Vancouver
vodka wrote: I've never seen a monitor without an option to mount it via a VESA mount. I was looking to buy this Dell 27" monitor, and when I look at the back there are no holes to mount it; my work desk is not very deep and was planning on installing on the wall as flat as possible... what's up with that?
Not all monitors have VESA mounting holes. If I had to guess why, it's to omit them for cost and simplicity of the internal design. Having VESA mounting holes means having structural support on that part of the monitor and giving it threaded holes deep enough to be secured by screws, which technically does make it more difficult to have a slimmer monitor. My company has purchased and deployed a number of those SE model monitors from Dell, to make it compatible with VESA mounts you would have to buy an L shaped metal bracket mounting adaptor. The bracket slots into the Dell where the monitor's stand would go, and provides VESA mounting holes.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8545 posts
1230 upvotes
$118 for a laptop with these specs is a pretty good deal. Would buy if I needed another mon but I have too many already. Upvoted.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!