Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Acer 24” FHD KA Series Monitor KA242Y $118

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2020 12:12 am
Nov 4, 2003
589 posts
58 upvotes
rabbit wrote: Assuming that you're using Windows, maybe you can adjust your monitor settings with this little piece of software instead of the monitor controls (there's a portable version):
https://clickmonitorddc.bplaced.net/
Make sure DCC is enabled on your monitor.

I use a similar type of software that came with my BenQ. Very handy to switch from low-blue to standard mode.
Thanks! Good to know, I will give that app a shot!
Sep 15, 2011
966 posts
500 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
RunnerForDeals wrote: Deal is dead now :(
I think that depends on your location. I just bought this about an hour ago in Huntsville for $118 and there was a another on the shelf still. So... not dead?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
2548 posts
1242 upvotes
Barrie
Well crap...It is Online and I was just int he Barrie store and it was $138...maybe the tag was wrong. Sucks that Huntsville was the price I wanted...Barrie and Huntsville aren't far apart!
Aug 16, 2020
141 posts
21 upvotes
RunnerForDeals wrote: Well crap...It is Online and I was just int he Barrie store and it was $138...maybe the tag was wrong. Sucks that Huntsville was the price I wanted...Barrie and Huntsville aren't far apart!
Did you scan the price in Barrie..
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1474 posts
575 upvotes
I bought this a few weeks ago and am pretty happy. Thing that sucks is the included cable is very rigid, has the ferrite beads, and isnt too long. I wanted to use it with my primecables monitor arm, and it just *barely* fits, but i cant actually articulate it as much as id like. I ordered another hdmi cable off ebay(cheap, 3m, flexible, says HDMI 1.4, no ferrite beads) but when i shut the computer down, I expect a *PC's turned off, put yourself to sleep* reaction, but instead get "cable not connected" box bouncing around the screen for 2-3 minutes before the monitor goes to sleep. Its especially odd because when i put the PC to sleep, the monitor is smart enough to also go to sleep.
I mean the problem has to lie with the new cable, but its annoying since id figured any/all HDMI cables would get the same results as far as user interface stuff(Maybe not the same resolution or screen refresh rate, but definitely the same signals of when to sleep).

Either way, the old cable is back on, and its not pulled taught from the from PC tower, and the monitor arm is kinda just there for looks, as raising the monitor would probably rip the cable out.
Sep 5, 2013
140 posts
118 upvotes
Hamilton
Ok so for everyone's convenience I did drive around, and where they did have stock the price is indeed now at $138 (I had them scan it).

So unless for some reason there's a problem in a specific walmart's system, the deal is officially dead.
Jan 4, 2017
114 posts
64 upvotes
elunesgrace wrote: Ok so for everyone's convenience I did drive around, and where they did have stock the price is indeed now at $138 (I had them scan it).

So unless for some reason there's a problem in a specific walmart's system, the deal is officially dead.
Dang thanks but boy have you got time.
Sep 5, 2013
140 posts
118 upvotes
Hamilton
Baigs786 wrote: Dang thanks but boy have you got time.
Oh I was running an errand and figured I'd make some stops at walmart for myself and share with the community Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Aug 16, 2020
141 posts
21 upvotes
elunesgrace wrote: The Walmart version is VA!
Thanks.. I bought it in 118 and tomorrow is last day to return... I did not open the box so thinking whether i should keep it or return it tomorrow...
Sep 5, 2013
140 posts
118 upvotes
Hamilton
newuserhere wrote: Thanks.. I bought it in 118 and tomorrow is last day to return... I did not open the box so thinking whether i should keep it or return it tomorrow...
Well the price of that monitor is fantastic for what it is.

That said, from what others have said, it's not all that great of a panel. Honestly, I suggest you open the box and have a look at it, and decide if you are comfortable with it or not.

You can't beat that kind of price, but if you don't like the monitor then it doesn't really matter what you paid for it since you won't enjoy it.
Aug 16, 2020
141 posts
21 upvotes
elunesgrace wrote: Well the price of that monitor is fantastic for what it is.

That said, from what others have said, it's not all that great of a panel. Honestly, I suggest you open the box and have a look at it, and decide if you are comfortable with it or not.

You can't beat that kind of price, but if you don't like the monitor then it doesn't really matter what you paid for it since you won't enjoy it.
Do you mean walmart accepts return even if i have opened box for monitor?