Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Acer 24” FHD KA Series Monitor KA242Y $118

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2020 12:12 am
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1081 posts
561 upvotes
LeilaJia wrote: Is this still a hot deal if VA?
I’m not an expert but i think for This price it’s still decent?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 13, 2011
700 posts
327 upvotes
Ordered an hour ago and received an email indicating it’s backordered. No idea in ETA.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1081 posts
561 upvotes
Phoriver wrote: Ordered an hour ago and received an email indicating it’s backordered. No idea in ETA.
Lots of stock around it seems, check stock track to see if it’s available around you.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 19, 2017
864 posts
682 upvotes
Moncton
aviador wrote: Refresh Time: 1ms VRB:
"VRB is Acer's name for its motion blur reduction tool that strobes the backlight to insert a black image between frames to reduce blur in games"

It seems that Acer VRB is effective but might cause side effects depending on setting (example). Some peeps dislike it (Visual Response Boost VRB by Acer is stupid gimmick -- tested on XV340CK )

----
Just for comparison, monitors available at Dell: https://deals.dell.com/en-ca/category/monitors
The only dell that's even close to this price is a TN panel, and appears to have neither speakers, nor a VESA mount.

This looks like a pretty decent deal if you ask me.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1081 posts
561 upvotes
I just opened it and it also comes with 3 year warranty and a HDMI cable. I can’t complain for this price.
Member
Mar 7, 2017
473 posts
196 upvotes
would this be ok just for office work? wfh and could use another monitor,
or are their cheaper alternatives in this size range?
i dont need a gaming monitor, but if this is a good price for a 24" i would grab it since my dell is a 24"
Last edited by 1tallaznguy on Aug 31st, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Nov 27, 2013
236 posts
64 upvotes
Tempting but I have a Nvidia GPU, this is not Gsync compatible or is it?
1tallaznguy wrote: would this be ok just for office work? wfh and could use another monitor,
or are their cheaper alternatives in this size range?
any monitor with refresh rate of 60hz and clear text is good enough for office work
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
48687 posts
5568 upvotes
Toronto
saulin wrote: Tempting but I have a Nvidia GPU, this is not Gsync compatible or is it?



any monitor with refresh rate of 60hz and clear text is good enough for office work
If your GPU is 1000 series or newer it will be able to run GSync on a AMD Freesync compatible monitor.
Member
Nov 27, 2013
236 posts
64 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: If your GPU is 1000 series or newer it will be able to run GSync on a AMD Freesync compatible monitor.
Is a Laptop it has a GTX 1650
Member
Mar 7, 2017
473 posts
196 upvotes
saulin wrote: Tempting but I have a Nvidia GPU, this is not Gsync compatible or is it?



any monitor with refresh rate of 60hz and clear text is good enough for office work
ah ok, good to know, wondering if this price point is a good buy for just a monitor thats for non gaming
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
13912 posts
3239 upvotes
Mmagic888 wrote: I just opened it and it also comes with 3 year warranty and a HDMI cable. I can’t complain for this price.
can you confirm if it is IPS? or someone who has or receive can confirm please?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1081 posts
561 upvotes
kiasu wrote: can you confirm if it is IPS? or someone who has or receive can confirm please?
I posted earlier that the box says VA.

Top