Walmart

Acer 32" HD LCD Monitor, 1080P 1920 X1080, $100 in store YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2021 12:52 am
Jul 29, 2006
159 posts
217 upvotes
Ottawa
Brewmeanie wrote: Apparently it's not phantom at Oshawa, one of my friend who just got outta work nearby a short while ago found them buried behind a bunch of TVs in electronic. He grabbed both.

oshawawm.JPG
Your friend just pi$$ed off the Walmart associate who hid them for THEIR friend to come in and buy.
Nov 3, 2019
90 posts
102 upvotes
congo wrote: Your friend just pi$$ed off the Walmart associate who hid them for THEIR friend to come in and buy.
So true, if you are the employee just buy it and have them pay you back. If a customer pulled this crap then they’d be harassed by loss prevention I’m sure.
Mar 2, 2017
113 posts
134 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Couldn't find it in East Windsor. Tracker says 1 left. When the associate punched in the UPC, the system said 1 available in floor. Expressionless Face
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6049 posts
4490 upvotes
M-Arkham
vjpauto wrote: Couldn't find it in East Windsor. Tracker says 1 left. When the associate punched in the UPC, the system said 1 available in floor. Expressionless Face
sure it's not hiding somehwere? sometime things are 'misplaced' in other section of the store

congo wrote: Your friend just pi$$ed off the Walmart associate who hid them for THEIR friend to come in and buy.
If he did, then they should had just outright brought it immediately, or hide it somewhere better
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5585 posts
1294 upvotes
As others have mentioned, too low a resolution for 32" unless you are just watching media on it.

If you can, spend an extra $180 to get an LG QHD 32" from Costco. Extra resolution and an extra year warranty.
rfd
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4116 posts
1462 upvotes
Edmonton
wuke340 wrote: walmart's own stock info is not accurate. I checked 6 rice cookers in-store but went there and found nothing.
Sometimes true, but I think often stock is moved somewhere else that's not obvious. Often an end cap on another isle, or in another clearance section.

Recently my wife was looking for a Keurig that stocktrack said there were a few, none to be found in the appliance section. Told her to go over to the main isle in the center of the store, and sure enough they were stacked in the middle. Not even tagged as clearance.
Aug 22, 2019
190 posts
134 upvotes
Belleville, Ontario
In Belleville Ont location there was 2 as stockteack said but they weren’t where the monitors were in the main aisles, they were on the back wall by the TVs. So take a few mins and look. White box. My son picked one up. Thanks!
Sep 8, 2006
985 posts
611 upvotes
Edmonton
If you guys use these large monitors for work, how far away do you sit from it?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1621 posts
3671 upvotes
Simby wrote: If you guys use these large monitors for work, how far away do you sit from it?
Arm's length.
Jan 20, 2003
752 posts
78 upvotes
I got the last one from Woodbridge location tonight. $100 + ~$10 EHF + tax.
Just finish setting up.
Nothing spectacular in PQ, but definitely a good deal.
Friendly reminder: Signature will be removed for rule violations: font size, colour, and personal sales
Aug 25, 2019
697 posts
717 upvotes
Thank you SIR! : n40ca4s

Had a very interesting experience this afternoon.

Lassoed an Electronics Dept Salesperson and as we approached the Shelf full of Monitors
he proceeded to search for the requested monitor after I said isn't that it?
After he checked several with his gun he proceeded to basically say Phantom stock...not in those words
but something to the effect of Acceptable inventory fluctuation re the one supposedly in stock
After he left I got someone else to check the price on the one I had initially pointed out and BINGO
ONLY A C NOTEHeavy Exclamation Mark SymbolSmiling Face With Open Mouth
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live." — Mae Jemison
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6049 posts
4490 upvotes
M-Arkham
SCOPster wrote: Thank you SIR! : n40ca4s

Had a very interesting experience this afternoon.

Lassoed an Electronics Dept Salesperson and as we approached the Shelf full of Monitors
he proceeded to search for the requested monitor after I said isn't that it?
After he checked several with his gun he proceeded to basically say Phantom stock...not in those words
but something to the effect of Acceptable inventory fluctuation re the one supposedly in stock
After he left I got someone else to check the price on the one I had initially pointed out and BINGO
ONLY A C NOTEHeavy Exclamation Mark SymbolSmiling Face With Open Mouth
You're wasting too much time and giving too much opportunities for the staff to ninja it
1) look for it yourself
2) once you find it yourself, don't even ask them to price check, just call them over and tell them that you want it. Usually, it's not hard to self confirm, just check the last 5 digit of the upc code on the item.
3) walk it over with the staff to the checkout, and just wait for it if the staff say they need to lock everything else up, Don't trust them when they say they'll bring it to the cashier for you (had super cheap items disappear on me when it was suppose to be at the cashier)
4) when they scan it in, it'll show the price, you can check the price at that time, if it rang in at a different price(likely wrong item), you can always just say you change your mind. If it's the discounted price, they're pretty much forced to give it to you (with exception of $0.02 items)
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G