Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Acer Aspire 3/5 Laptops $265/$250, in-store YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2022 5:56 pm
Sep 2, 2020
1 posts
Stocktracker was showing one of the 3's listed for $265 at Dufferin Walmart, but it was scanning in for full price at till
Apr 24, 2014
993 posts
2463 upvotes
Krrrong wrote: Another to add to the list from the Trending deals....

$650 if you can find it, limited availability:
Acer Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7-9750H with Nvidia GTX 1650 (4GB) AN515-54-7464
12GB DDR4, 512GB SSD
15.6” FHD 1920X1080 @ 120Hz IPS SCREEN

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=ca
Thanks @Krrrong for posting the webcache. It made it a bit easier to print so i can show it to the electronics senior associate. It took her around 30 mins to find this model at the backroom.

But now I am facing an issue. When i turn on the laptop for the first time, instead of going through the Windows installation process, it went straight to the "Preparing Automatic Repair" --> "Diagnosing Your PC" -- "Automatic Repair - Your PC did not start correctly". I tried restarting and shutting down the laptop multiple times but it keeps on looping this auto repair cycle.

I went through the following Troubleshoot --> Advanced Options:
- Startup Repair: could not repair the PC and back to looping if restart or shut down.
- Startup Settings: tried to boot in Safe Mode but it went back to looping.

I Google for possible solutions for this repair loop, most suggest uninstall the latest updates or factory reset. But it's assuming that Windows has already been installed, which mine is not.

Greatly appreciated if any RFD members and/or computer tech expertise can help me out or provide suggestions to fix this annoying repair loop.
Wear shoes instead of sandals or going barefoot when walking to the smoker/grill.
Jun 16, 2008
395 posts
259 upvotes
Brampton
dilbert wrote: Only one memory slot?
Yup, just 1 for some reason
Group Buys Organized:
Netflix UHD+4K
Prime Video
Spotify
Jun 16, 2008
395 posts
259 upvotes
Brampton
uofs09 wrote: Thanks @Krrrong for posting the webcache. It made it a bit easier to print so i can show it to the electronics senior associate. It took her around 30 mins to find this model at the backroom.

What location did you get it at?
Group Buys Organized:
Netflix UHD+4K
Prime Video
Spotify
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
3173 posts
2243 upvotes
Winnipeg
uofs09 wrote: Greatly appreciated if any RFD members and/or computer tech expertise can help me out or provide suggestions to fix this annoying repair loop.
Put Win10 on a USB Stick and fresh install it.
Mar 24, 2020
112 posts
167 upvotes
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: Put Win10 on a USB Stick and fresh install it.
If this doesn't work something is pooched and you should just return it
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1746 posts
1010 upvotes
Gaggu P wrote: What location did you get it at?
How does it compare to the Acer Nitro 5 (10th gen)?

The store near me said they had the $650 one but didn't and said they could possibly decrease the price to $750 for customer service. Not sure if it is worth it or to keep searching for the $650?
Mar 30, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
uofs09 wrote:
I Google for possible solutions for this repair loop, most suggest uninstall the latest updates or factory reset. But it's assuming that Windows has already been installed, which mine is not.

Greatly appreciated if any RFD members and/or computer tech expertise can help me out or provide suggestions to fix this annoying repair loop.
My first inclination is to get a bootable USB with Windows 10 to try and troubleshooting from there. I haven't tried it but maybe the Windows Media Creation Tool can suffice (https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/softwar ... /windows10). This is of course assuming you have another machine handy.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
3173 posts
2243 upvotes
Winnipeg
seafish wrote: It has 4gb ddr4 2666 so-dimm. You can swap it with up to 16gb, but you can use 2400 speed as it's max it can run on. For SSD you need m.2 SSD
Only m.2 or NVME?
Oct 28, 2009
128 posts
35 upvotes
Mississauga
That’s very odd. Recently my toshiba laptop has the same problem and I can’t figure it out yet. I guess the only route is to get a bootable USB. Windows 10 gave me too much trouble. Example the speaker will work for a little while then you have to reinstalled sound driver.
Jul 7, 2015
102 posts
15 upvotes
ON
Just got Acer Aspire3, 8 GB ram, 256 ssd for $265+ tax from London ON , Fanshawe park rd walmart. They still have one in stock.
Thanm you OP
Nov 27, 2014
304 posts
71 upvotes
North York, ON
uofs09 wrote: Thanks @Krrrong for posting the webcache. It made it a bit easier to print so i can show it to the electronics senior associate. It took her around 30 mins to find this model at the backroom.

But now I am facing an issue. When i turn on the laptop for the first time, instead of going through the Windows installation process, it went straight to the "Preparing Automatic Repair" --> "Diagnosing Your PC" -- "Automatic Repair - Your PC did not start correctly". I tried restarting and shutting down the laptop multiple times but it keeps on looping this auto repair cycle.

I went through the following Troubleshoot --> Advanced Options:
- Startup Repair: could not repair the PC and back to looping if restart or shut down.
- Startup Settings: tried to boot in Safe Mode but it went back to looping.

Imo

I’d go with warranty route and get acer to fix it instead of returning and missing out on this good deal
Aug 28, 2011
616 posts
126 upvotes
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: Only m.2 or NVME?
seafish wrote: It has 4gb ddr4 2666 so-dimm. You can swap it with up to 16gb, but you can use 2400 speed as it's max it can run on. For SSD you need m.2 SSD

Doesnt It have 8Gb ram?. Not sure if its soldered and has one free slot.
May 14, 2006
66 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
neilcutter wrote: Imo

I’d go with warranty route and get acer to fix it instead of returning and missing out on this good deal
+1

You want to have the original recovery USB. Need to boot into windows before you can make one.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
ves211 wrote: Doesnt It have 8Gb ram?. Not sure if its soldered and has one free slot.
4GB soldered and 4GB stick (just one slot there) Just did the upgrade on mine yesterday. Memory runs at 2400 Mhz on Aspire 3 and 2666 Mhz on Aspire 5
There's no SATA on both of them if you wanted to run 2 drives

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)