Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Acer Aspire 3/5 Laptops $265/$250, in-store YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2022 5:56 pm
Sep 24, 2013
13 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
Homer001 wrote: How does Walmarts exchange policy work for doa items. Can the op go to a Walmart that is at full price and do a warranty exchange? Or are they like shoppers where you have to deal with the manufacturer even if it’s doa.

Maybe worth seeing if another Walmart will exchange it. If not warranty claim with Acer.
Thank you OP, I was able to pick up a laptop, but mine was DOA. To answer this question, it is very YMMV, but I was able to exchange at one of the Walmart's that had it at full price. You can try, but worst case you can do a warranty claim with Acer.
Jun 28, 2021
502 posts
683 upvotes
d_source wrote: What do we think of this low end HP machine on clearance for $200? I couldn't find any of the other ones from this thread. They had this in stock so I grabbed one since there's a 45 day return window.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=19512205301
Well, it's definitely low end. The processor (Celeron N4000) is a budget dual core two thread processor. It's about half as the powerful (or less) as the OP's i3-1005G1. So it'll likely struggle to keep up when doing anything beyond basic tasks.

That said, it's hard to criticize it too much if you picked it up for only $200! Personally, I'd prefer to pay the extra $50 to get the OP's laptop if I had the choice, but objectively I'd say $200 is a bargain for your find.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
2118 posts
6128 upvotes
Krrrong wrote: Did you upgrade the RAM?
Not yet, going to try see if 8gb is sufficient. Haven’t priced out 16gb sticks yet to know if I want to upgrade.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
3173 posts
2244 upvotes
Winnipeg
Went to(again) my local Walmart(WPG-Southdale) and said I'm here to pick up this laptop(Ryzen 3) and the woman says "This one right here on hold?" and she holds up the laptop.

Yep. That's it!

Were you the one who called this morning?

Devil vs angel fighting on my shoulders.

Was honest said nope but she called her supervisor and asked about what to do as holder had not shown up yet. They double checked stock and what do you know...there's one left in the back. Found it and I checked out with it.

So what do we make of this?
RFD rule #1 was broke but it worked out for the guy who called.
Honesty also works.

Yesterdays $505 Nitro sold at cost to a mom giving it to her 11yr old. Kid got faster laptop then me!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
3173 posts
2244 upvotes
Winnipeg
d_source wrote: What do we think of this low end HP machine on clearance for $200? I couldn't find any of the other ones from this thread. They had this in stock so I grabbed one since there's a 45 day return window.

I've got an old Acer N2850 4GB 128GB running Win7 and it's spiffy at 5+ years old for what I need. So yours can only be better.
Sep 2, 2020
1 posts
Look at stockyards today. They dropped the prices yesterday and I was able to grab one
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2829 posts
1032 upvotes
Vaughan
After sleeping on it, I'm going to return the machine. Although it seems like a good price for what IME getting, the specs are still too weak and I'm in no rush.
Thanks for your comments.

watchoutforgeese wrote: Well, it's definitely low end. The processor (Celeron N4000) is a budget dual core two thread processor. It's about half as the powerful (or less) as the OP's i3-1005G1. So it'll likely struggle to keep up when doing anything beyond basic tasks.

That said, it's hard to criticize it too much if you picked it up for only $200! Personally, I'd prefer to pay the extra $50 to get the OP's laptop if I had the choice, but objectively I'd say $200 is a bargain for your find.
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: I've got an old Acer N2850 4GB 128GB running Win7 and it's spiffy at 5+ years old for what I need. So yours can only be better.
Public Mobile $34/50GB-CAN-US/30 days
Apr 24, 2014
996 posts
2466 upvotes
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: Put Win10 on a USB Stick and fresh install it.
tuccimon wrote: My first inclination is to get a bootable USB with Windows 10 to try and troubleshooting from there. I haven't tried it but maybe the Windows Media Creation Tool can suffice (https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/softwar ... /windows10). This is of course assuming you have another machine handy.
jacky190424 wrote: If their OEM windows have a problem, then of course after factory reset it will still have a problem.
Try to download a Windows ISO and reinstall it. The best solution is send it to Acer since you are fully under warranty.
First off, thanks for helping me out.

To update, I downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft and put it in a USB flash drive. Boot it to the USB and was able to fresh install.

Unfortunately, after the Acer has finished installing and perform its final reset, it went straight back to the automatic repair loop. Disappointed But Relieved Face
adam1799 wrote: If this doesn't work something is pooched and you should just return it
neilcutter wrote: Imo

I’d go with warranty route and get acer to fix it instead of returning and missing out on this good deal
I am kinda debating of either returning it or send it to Acer warranty. For now, just google for other possible solutions to this annoying repair loop. Appreciate for more suggestions from this awesome RFDs community.
Captain_fish wrote: That’s very odd. Recently my toshiba laptop has the same problem and I can’t figure it out yet. I guess the only route is to get a bootable USB. Windows 10 gave me too much trouble. Example the speaker will work for a little while then you have to reinstalled sound driver.
Rogido wrote: The last time I encountered that on my PC, they determined it was a hardware issue. Not the SSD drive, but the integrated video. The PC was scrapped. But of course, yours is still under warranty. Not the best thing to encounter out of the box though.
That's interesting, maybe it is a hardware issue. I guess the question is what hardware could cause the repair loop.
Last edited by uofs09 on Oct 23rd, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wear shoes instead of sandals or going barefoot when walking to the smoker/grill.
Sep 24, 2012
689 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
uofs09 wrote: First off, thanks for helping me out.

To update, I downloaded Windows 10 from Microsoft and put it in a USB flash drive. Boot it to the USB and was able to fresh install.

Unfortunately, after the Acer has finished installing and perform its final reset, it went straight back to the automatic repair loop. Disappointed But Relieved Face

I am kinda debating of either returning it or send it to Acer warranty. For now, just google for other possible solutions to this annoying repair loop. Appreciate for more suggestions from this awesome RFDs community.

That's interesting, maybe it is a hardware issue. I guess the question is what hardware could cause the repair loop.
You may want to try Windows 11 fresh installation using USB. Maybe it will install the appropriate drivers and prevent this from happening. Also remove any external keyboard or mouse or other devices connected to your device.
Apr 24, 2014
996 posts
2466 upvotes
redderflag wrote: You may want to try Windows 11 fresh installation using USB. Maybe it will install the appropriate drivers and prevent this from happening. Also remove any external keyboard or mouse or other devices connected to your device.
Okay, I will try that ideal with Windows 11 later tonight and hopefully that will solve this issue.
Wear shoes instead of sandals or going barefoot when walking to the smoker/grill.
Jun 28, 2021
502 posts
683 upvotes
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: I've got an old Acer N2850 4GB 128GB running Win7 and it's spiffy at 5+ years old for what I need. So yours can only be better.
Ha, you reminded me that I used a little Acer Aspire One for awhile when I was convinced cheap netbooks were the future. It was powered by a single core Intel Atom N270 and had 1GB of RAM. I think it was even 32 bit only.
d_source wrote: After sleeping on it, I'm going to return the machine. Although it seems like a good price for what IME getting, the specs are still too weak and I'm in no rush.
Thanks for your comments.
I think you probably made the right decision. If someone was looking at picking up a Chromebook, the HP would likely be a suitable replacement. If you want a general purpose laptop, I think you'd run into its limitations.

I stubbornly went through a few underpowered netbooks before I finally gave up and switched to old ThinkPads for my cheap laptop needs. I try not to let my hunger for deals mislead me anymore!
Feb 18, 2017
92 posts
19 upvotes
toronto ontario
hi to the person that keeps getting a windows 10 boot loop
you can try downloading windows 11
Windows 11 Pro 21H2 v22000.258 x64 October 2021 Activated Non TPM 2.0 Compliant
from https://team os- hkrg.com
then using rufus and try installing windows 11
most likely you have a harddrive issue or something else
you might luck out getting windows 11 or 10 installed and boot up perfectly
then when you shut down that boot loop would eventually happen once again
you can try a ssd making sure its returnable if it dont solve your problem
or just straightly return the laptop goodluck
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2325 posts
1186 upvotes
Richmond Hill
uofs09 wrote: First off, thanks for helping me out.

If possible the hardware has issue.

Contact to Acer and let them know you just purchased recently, don't let them to ask you to pay the shipping
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1845 posts
985 upvotes
Halton
watchoutforgeese wrote: Ha, you reminded me that I used a little Acer Aspire One for awhile when I was convinced cheap netbooks were the future. It was powered by a single core Intel Atom N270 and had 1GB of RAM. I think it was even 32 bit only.

I think you probably made the right decision. If someone was looking at picking up a Chromebook, the HP would likely be a suitable replacement. If you want a general purpose laptop, I think you'd run into its limitations.

I stubbornly went through a few underpowered netbooks before I finally gave up and switched to old ThinkPads for my cheap laptop needs. I try not to let my hunger for deals mislead me anymore!
I'm with you both!! I have learned if the computer can barely handle a few video windows open and run on regular windows (not window S) it's not worth the deal!!
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2325 posts
1186 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Today morning I called Eric Mill WalMart, the staff initially pretty sure it sold out but he gave a try for me, and then he spent 20 mins to find the i5 one, and hold me for me in a short period. He helped a lot. It is full price in Eric Mill WalMart. Then I went to Brampton East to do PM. The staff was trying so hard to reject the price adjustment, even not allow return and repurchase.
I asked why I can't return now and repurchase immediately, and they said by policy they have to do some process for returned item. I told them this is sealed what do you need to do for sealed item? They just keep saying it's policy.

I argued a long while with them, finally they called the store manager, and the store manager told them go ahead in the phone. And then those staff said made this as exception-0-
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1845 posts
985 upvotes
Halton
jacky190424 wrote: Today morning I called Eric Mill WalMart, the staff initially pretty sure it sold out but he gave a try for me, and then he spent 20 mins to find the i5 one, and hold me for me in a short period. He helped a lot. It is full price in Eric Mill WalMart. Then I went to Brampton East to do PM. The staff was trying so hard to reject the price adjustment, even not allow return and repurchase.
I asked why I can't return now and repurchase immediately, and they said by policy they have to do some process for returned item. I told them this is sealed what do you need to do for sealed item? They just keep saying it's policy.

I argued a long while with them, finally they called the store manager, and the store manager told them go ahead in the phone. And then those staff said made this as exception-0-
haha, you're killing me!!!
I'm watching daily for the price to drop so i can swoop in and pick it up.. you're out there making it happen!! good on you!
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1746 posts
1010 upvotes
jacky190424 wrote: Today morning I called Eric Mill WalMart, the staff initially pretty sure it sold out but he gave a try for me, and then he spent 20 mins to find the i5 one, and hold me for me in a short period. He helped a lot. It is full price in Eric Mill WalMart. Then I went to Brampton East to do PM. The staff was trying so hard to reject the price adjustment, even not allow return and repurchase.

Can you post your receipt? They gave me such a hassle and I didn’t want to wait for manager

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)